17th Nov 2016 - DTM Club Car Championship (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
yeah, let me have a word with my bank manager :eek:

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Iv tried all 3 cars and for thoes who are shall we say my pace lol the bmw is the more forgiving than the rest with a little tweek its very planted..
The cosworth is way to torquie and not for the feint hearted and the merc is just too twitchy for me...

Im not sure on lap times as i could go of leader boards but im not that fast lol so if your names not @Cluck @ramiboo @t0daY or any of the really quick guys lol can some one give me a base line lap time lol...

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
EDIT : Woo hoo, I posted the setup I used on the public forum. Will be interesting to see what 6 months of extra playing and autoclutch will get me this time around.
In combination with autoclutch, the answer is 1.5s improvement :eek:

After about 5 laps in time trial, getting used to the car again, I just ran a 1m39.162s lap. More to come out of that of course and will be interesting to see what happens in quali conditions too.

ramiboo

Community Member
Reaction score
Iv tried all 3 cars and for thoes who are shall we say my pace lol the bmw is the more forgiving than the rest with a little tweek its very planted..
The cosworth is way to torquie and not for the feint hearted and the merc is just too twitchy for me...

Im not sure on lap times as i could go of leader boards but im not that fast lol so if your names not @Cluck @ramiboo @t0daY or any of the really quick guys lol can some one give me a base line lap time lol...
Try to get a 1:46, and if you can get that go for a 1:44. Before you know it, you'll be doing 1:40's and on the pace! ;)

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
LOL - try to get a 1:46, and if you can get that go for a 1:44. Before you know it, you'll be doing 1:40's and on the pace! ;)
Whhhaaaaaa 1.40s is on pace lol dam how do u do them kind of lap times lol..

Pamellaaa

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
So, around a 1:40 as a target pace then?

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I was thinking maybe a 1.42s a 41 at a push dam gunna need some more work on the old car control lol..

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Yeh im happy lol im getting faster 1.42 atm now to start messing with the setup to go faster i can honestly see now were u guys get 1.40s and lower lol..i think im actualy cracking this lol...

Despite the Ford being quicker I'm going with the BMW. 1. Because I own an E30 so I feel obliged to. 2. I find it much more comfortable and controllable over a race distance than the boost of the Ford.
If u need a set up i know your way quicker than me but if can manage a now 1.41.9(yes thats right lol) im sure u can go even faster with it lol

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
Looks like I won't be able to race tonight. I have just received my (as good as) new G29 from InsaneBase and currently I'm driving like I'm using a wheel for the very first time o_O
I think I will need a few days to get used to it and have the FFB sorted out.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Lol back to the drawing board as pcars doing ist usual stuff failed to save my setup i worked hard on that got me my high high high 41 lol on a very clean and crisp lap lol...

So now im back down to 43s untill i rember were i put everything. I probbly wont get it again now not enough time now took me a week to get that setup an lap lol...

Gxbbs

Community Member
Reaction score
Should be interesting to see what lap times I can get. So far I haven't done any laps, so my only practice will be tonight before the event.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Is autoclutch on better for these cars? I'm driving with it off
Tbh mate iv tried it with both and i see no diffrence but thats just me lol..

Gxbbs

Community Member
Reaction score

Soulah

Community Member
Reaction score
Hehe, well to be honest I've just tried it on the bmw and I feel no difference like jonno says

Gxbbs

Community Member
Reaction score
Hehe, well to be honest I've just tried it on the bmw and I feel no difference like jonno says
Do you have a H shifter?

Gxbbs

Community Member
Reaction score

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I forgot to post again that I can do mid.1m39 laps without autoclutch. It's harder work, given that the Merc has 6 gears to play with, but it is possible to set those times without the autoclutch advantage :)

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I dont have a clutch so i lift shift and blip shift..the only thing iv noticed is diffrent is the smoothies of gear changes...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread