18th Dec 2016 - Dubai Desert Draft (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Damn @MikeyTT you where on fire after the stop. I had to give it everything to even remotely close the gap. Just some lapping here an there helped me to get on your tail and then you defended perfectly. Nice racing!

stolnikas

Community Member
Reaction score
Just a perfect race! I couldn't even dream of a better result :)
First lap was BAD, i lost 5 places realizing, that my ABS was off ant TC was on. Sorry @steveg200 for side collision on 9th corner..
After fixing my assists i started gaining positions back and on lap 7 i was after @miagi , who was building his gap and i had no chance. In the end i was 1 lap short of fuel (didn't refuel, cause it looked like i was going to last with full tank till the end), ended up stopping for 5ltrs of fuel. Anyways i had 50sec of a gap behind, so that didn't change anything :)
What a great end of my short season of 2016! Congrats for the winners :)

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Actually, I need to come clean. I had no problems at all, I just needed to make up some excuses to close out the year with my DNF reputation intact :D

(joking of course)

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Well as usual my race started great made loads of places on the start only to spin out and loose them all. I tried to claw back and did manage to pick back 4 or 5 spots untill i decided to pit on lap 19. Turns out i followd the only other car that was sharing my pit box in to the pits. So back out i come..half way round my 20th lap a radical come out of no were causing me to take evasive action and on dead tires. Well you can probbly guess what happened.. I lost control in to spin. I kind of held it only to lock up and head at a wall at a fair amount of speed. I lost a wheel and managed to claw my way to the pits. The damage was extant. My pit crew lost a wheel nut and then decided to just send me back out with all the damage so i retired.. Glad i could round out the year as i started it with rsr lol...

stolnikas

Community Member
Reaction score
First half of the race from my point of view. Jolly good fun. Shame my stream cut out half way through for some reason. Thanks all.

That awkward moment 12:43, then me and @steveg200 had identical oversteer at a same corner. It looks like i'm badly trying to follow his slipstream :D

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score
Just a perfect race! I couldn't even dream of a better result :)
First lap was BAD, i lost 5 places realizing, that my ABS was off ant TC was on. Sorry @steveg200 for side collision on 9th corner..
After fixing my assists i started gaining positions back and on lap 7 i was after @miagi , who was building his gap and i had no chance. In the end i was 1 lap short of fuel (didn't refuel, cause it looked like i was going to last with full tank till the end), ended up stopping for 5ltrs of fuel. Anyways i had 50sec of a gap behind, so that didn't change anything :)
What a great end of my short season of 2016! Congrats for the winners :)
Yes you did a very good race. I mean unfortunately even with my handicap you couldn't give me a fight :p but I saw that our gap was very steady so you didn't made a big mistake or spin and were rather consistent. And that is the baseline for a successful race.

If you want to work on your pace I'd recommend some time trail and ghosts of faster drivers to chase. And as a final touch, one or two long runs in practice-race. (Long runs would be around 10-15 laps around a normal sized track.) Also to see how the car evolves with fuel usage, tire temps and wear.

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score
Oh just noticed, @stolnikas I'd recommend to not use the virtual line guide thing. It actually makes it more difficult to hit the apex properly and therefore makes you slower.

You will always drive onto the spot you look at or further to the outside, nearly never more to the inside than you look. This means if you look on the white line at the edge of the inside kurb, you will a best slightly touch the kurb with the inside wheel. If you want to be further inside and/or hit the kurb more aggressive the trick is to look further to the inside. You then either aim for the inside edge of the kurb or even look further to the inside on some tarmac or grass off track.

The virtual line is sometimes even half a car away from the apex. So I'd say it's rather distracting. The other problem is that this guide line is often enough not the actual fastes line around a combo of corners.

Last edited by a moderator:

stolnikas

Community Member
Reaction score
Oh just noticed, @stolnikas I'd recommend to not use the virtual line guide thing. It actually makes it more difficult to hit the apex properly and therefore makes you slower.

You will always drive onto the spot you look at or further to the outside, nearly never more to the inside than you look. This means if you look on the white line at the edge of the inside kurb, you will a best slightly touch the kurb with the inside wheel. If you want to be further inside and/or hit the kurb more aggressive the trick is to look further to the inside. You then either aim for the inside edge of the kurb or even look further to the inside on some tarmac or grass off track.

The virtual line is sometimes even half a car away from the apex. So I'd say it's rather distracting. The other problem is that this guide line is often enough not the actual fastes line around a combo of corners.

Yes, i agree. Reason i kept it on, was that i wouldn't miss the braking points, and color also indicates if i'm too fast or too slow in to the corner. Other reason is that i don't know most of the tracks, so it helps me a lot on tuesday's Funday/Induction nights. But of course, ranked races are being practiced and most definitely i will turn it off in the near future :)
Thank you for all the comments, it helps to improve a lot! Last time @Dama_The_Crow advised me to check other FOV settings and as he said it helped to stay consistent and avoid mistakes :)

Mr Beas

Community Member
Reaction score
As much as i dislike practicing, as this was the final race of the year i forced myself to do it, and it definitely paid off as i found a setup that was not only fast, but one i could do more then 5 laps without me ending up in a wall. Had a good qualifying, but not such a good start to the race. As soon as the green was called, my connection was all over the gaff, and shortly after i was veering towards a wall after being struck from behind (no one's fault, down to my connection). Took some damage and dropped to the back of the prototype field but plodded on, trying to leave as much space between me and any other car as possible. Got to around lap 10 when i hit a momentarily frozen rocket bunny on the apex of turn 7 (again down to my connection). Suffered more damage and ended up pitting early on lap 15 for repairs, tyres and a splash of fuel. Connection seemed to calm down a bit at this point, so just got my head down, tried to catch the cars ahead and get through the traffic as quick and cleanly as i could. Reached around lap 35 when i knew a podium could be on the cards if i could make it past @Battenberg & @t0daY.
Heres my POV of that fight :

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread