18th Dec 2016 - Dubai Desert Draft (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psychotronic

Community Member
Reaction score
Anybody up for some practice time before the race?

Psychotronic

Community Member
Reaction score

Psychotronic

Community Member
Reaction score

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Am i to late for a join now i dont mind starting at the rear if i can join..

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
My connection acted up again. @Cluck, I'm really sorry for effing up your race. :(

Psychotronic

Community Member
Reaction score
This race didn't go as expected. First the server didn't want to work. Than there was a a few of us who had technical issues. But at least the last race did happen after all.

Reiche

Community Member
Reaction score
I think I was quite early on my brakes on 1st corner, sorry to anyone who was affected by this.. Never drove into T1 from the inside and was scared to be late and shoot the front row out of the race :shame:

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score
*there is a car missing on the inside of the inside of the inside ._.

That is the situation that caused me to lose 1 second per lap and put me in the middle of nowhere in this race. So sad, I could have battle Pam for the whole race, but well why not drive lonely for 90 minutes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mark

Community Member
Reaction score
First half of the race from my point of view. Jolly good fun. Shame my stream cut out half way through for some reason. Thanks all.

Reiche

Community Member
Reaction score
*there is a car missing on the inside of the inside of the inside ._.

That is the situation that caused me to lose 1 second per lap and put me in the middle of nowhere in this race. So bad, I could have battle Pam for the whole race but well why not drive lonely for 90 minutes.

That must have been me, I'm really sorry.. =(

Yes, it was me, can clearly be seen on Mark's replay.. Sorry.. I was quite surprised where my start put me, but was afraid of hitting someone in front of me, having cold brakes in mind, etc. =(

Last edited:

Pamellaaa

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
Unlucky @miagi, that could have been a good battle and I was wondering why I had a pace advantage over you. I also had quite a lonely race but I was pleased with my consistency, a few very minor mistakes but my only real loss of time was when I was caught out by a driver I was lapping braking before I had anticipated and giving me the choice between a rear ender or a small spin. No real issue (although the 5 seconds might have put @MikeyTT under a bit more pressure) and otherwise an hour and a half with a fun car around a track I like.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Interesting night with couple server problems (already "as usual" :(). As Battenberg already mentioned, still glad we continued because I had some awesome battles with @Battenberg and @Mr Beas. I leave you alone with the video :)

MikeyTT

Community Member
Reaction score
Footage from my PoV. Not overly exciting unfortunately:

27:00 - Rolling Start
27:18 - Help to keep miagi on track, as he's knocked into a spin in the breaking zone
28:35 - Get a good exit and overtake miagi
36:30 - Drafting Pamelaa and overtake at the hairpin
1:07:25 - Pit stop to change tyres and refuel (forgot how the fuel work in pCars tho, so don't end up adding any)
1:22:50 - Puffpirat closing in for the kill
1:37:20 - Accidentally drop the h-shifter into 1st, which spins me around
1:44:10 - Quick splash and dash pit stop

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
My connection acted up again. @Cluck, I'm really sorry for effing up your race. :(
You didn't, so don't worry and my apologies if my mood, post race, left you with that impression :)

My head wasn't in the right place last night and a series of mistakes, entirely of my own making (over exuberance on cold tyres, mis-judging other people's racing lines and a failure to switch on my mic at a crucial moment), coupled with a mistake not of my making (game-related), saw me retire to the pits out of sheer frustration.

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
You didn't, so don't worry and my apologies if my mood, post race, left you with that impression :)

My head wasn't in the right place last night and a series of mistakes, entirely of my own making (over exuberance on cold tyres, mis-judging other people's racing lines and a failure to switch on my mic at a crucial moment), coupled with a mistake not of my making (game-related), saw me retire to the pits out of sheer frustration.
I wasn't even there - post race. My Pc had something like a Grand-Mal seizure** yesterday. So even if you were moody, I couldn't notice it.
And if I did touch you, I'm really sorry for that. Although I have to admit that I didn't feel a thing through FFB nor saw you this close to my car in the mirrors. Yet I still felt miserable during the race - everytime you came close to me, you spun off and I suspected it had something to do with me, even if it did not feel like it in the game.

**complete loss of controls, followed by disconnect roughly 10 sec. after control loss and a bsod two seconds after disco.

Last edited:

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
As I said, Patrick, it wasn't your fault at all. I spun on the first corner and thought I clipped you mid-spin (for which I apologised at the time) and the second contact was my own fault. I thought you'd run wide going into the tight right-hander of turn 7. I take a much sharper line through there, so when I saw you and Manu way over to the left (no idea why I typed "right" first time :eek:), I just assumed you'd missed your braking points and gone wide. You turned in, as I guess you would normally do, but not expecting to find me there. Like I said, my fault entirely - if I'd followed you for a couple more laps, watching your lines, I wouldn't have risked it.

I had a massive collision with Psycho but that was because although I flashed my lights and asked if I was clear to pass, my mic was switched off. Psycho wasn't aware of where I was and saw me at the last moment. Unfortunately, the line he took - to try and move over, to make space for me - was the line I chose to take. My fault on the lack of mic and sod's law when it came to which side we both chose to use.

The game-related problem was my pit crew ignoring my instructions to repair my car or change tyres or do anything except put 5L of fuel in the tank. My car was still seriously broken and I wasn't going to play a game of "guess what my pit crew is going to do" so I retired to pits.

Just "a bad day at the office", nothing more.

Last edited:

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
As I said, Patrick, it wasn't your fault at all. I spun on the first corner and thought I clipped you mid-spin (for which I apologised at the time)

I did year you say something but the only thing I really noticed was my name - so I assumed it was my fault and you were scolding me :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread