Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

InsaneBase

Community Member
Reaction score
Yes, I’m me!

Didn’t really get to try the setup @Cornworld sent me yesterday. Thank you again!

Also, me driving the Macca all day yesterday messed up my braking so hard, shoulda just jumped in the Merc or Audi. I was slower than I was in the GT2 way back when. lol

As you see I’m a Ford GT woman, tho.

#savethefordgt3(and2)

Last edited:

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I think usually 1-2 weeks before the event PDS is releasing their setups for the 24 Hour race. It is not the holy grail but a very nice option to start with. It is really up to any team if they want to develope their own setup and/or maybe switch later to the PDS set.
Ok thanks, I think it would be best in the mean time to work on setups to find out what works for everyone in the team then when the PDS setups are out, test those and use what we know to make it suit us more

javoresku

Community Member
Reaction score
I want to thank @Raigore for hosting the practice sessions, AND my internet provider, who managed to replace a faulty switch on a sunday evening within 45 minutes.

CatchAGlimpse

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I feel like I have quite a bit of practice to do for this - having a lot of issues with the braking in the porsche, just not being able to slow the car down enough. What lap times should I be aiming for on a race run?

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I feel like I have quite a bit of practice to do for this - having a lot of issues with the braking in the porsche, just not being able to slow the car down enough. What lap times should I be aiming for on a race run?
Iv found with the porsche having brake bias to 55.0 front works well you have to be willing to not brake to hard too using gears to slow down more so it takes some getting used to but once you get to the right rev range you can down shift rapid without the downshift protection ever causing you to miss shift.. It takes getting used to and it took me driving 10 races round Circuit Gilles Villeneuve at 45 minz a pop to find it lol...

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Firstly take your time to adjust. Pace won’t come straight away. Aim to just do consistent laps first. Laptimes 43s should be good enough for now for us irscing rookies

CatchAGlimpse

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Firstly take your time to adjust. Pace won’t come straight away. Aim to just do consistent laps first. Laptimes 43s should be good enough for now for us irscing rookies
I think I was getting 43s last night but still a lot of time to find on the infield section. Will practice hard over the next week or so and see where I am at :cool:

Raigore

Staff iRacing
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Also take a look at track temps when practicing. Shouldnt be above 32°. 3° hotter tracktemp is about .5s slower laptime. Might be best to practice on lower temps first. To change the ingame date to the date the race is going to be at you have to use the Beta UI.

Cornworld

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Ok thanks, I think it would be best in the mean time to work on setups to find out what works for everyone in the team then when the PDS setups are out, test those and use what we know to make it suit us more
If you want I can look for a VRS safe setup? They are quite stable and more easy to drive then the PDS ones in my experience. Maybe not as “potential” fast but nice to get a feel for iracing and the cars. But don’t share publicly because it’s also a paid service.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Jeff[NL]

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I think I was getting 43s last night but still a lot of time to find on the infield section. Will practice hard over the next week or so and see where I am at :cool:

Feel like everyone who was driving the Porsche had the same. For me at the moment i dont feel that confident yet but it was my first time in the Porsche so maybe just need more laps with it. So far braking is not as safe as it should be. It locks up quick. I think i was max doing 60% of braking power and also it doesnt like quick brake inputs. Also turn 1 feels really weird just cannot get it right due the wobbling or somethings thats happening in that corner. Also i feel like the fast chicane can be faster but thats just what it think maybe i am wrong. For now session last night i was 1.42 on qualy fuel and doing avarage of 43 on a full stint fuel. Anyway feels like we are a few tenths limited on the setup imo.

grobi0815

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Feel like everyone who was driving the Porsche had the same. For me at the moment i dont feel that confident yet but it was my first time in the Porsche so maybe just need more laps with it. So far braking is not as safe as it should be. It locks up quick. I think i was max doing 60% of braking power and also it doesnt like quick brake inputs. Also turn 1 feels really weird just cannot get it right due the wobbling or somethings thats happening in that corner. Also i feel like the fast chicane can be faster but thats just what it think maybe i am wrong. For now session last night i was 1.42 on qualy fuel and doing avarage of 43 on a full stint fuel. Anyway feels like we are a few tenths limited on the setup imo.
put the break bias step by step to the front. as you can change it during the lap, you should find the right setting easily

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Poll added for the next practice session :)

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
apologies for not being there on sunday. I've been ill all week and honestly completely forgot about the session. I assume the question was asked on Sunday, but I'm not bothered which car we pick. If I don't have it I can acquire it. Would be good to confirm that basic detail in time for the christmas holidays though, so I can get some races in.

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
If you want I can look for a VRS safe setup? They are quite stable and more easy to drive then the PDS ones in my experience. Maybe not as “potential” fast but nice to get a feel for iracing and the cars. But don’t share publicly because it’s also a paid service.
if you dont mind, that would be awesome

MelBonkers

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@t0daY I can confirm I can't make it to the race, so don't depend on me for teams. I will be away in the weekend of January 18th with the missus, so pitty I can't race with you guys, but I'm sure I'll be having a great time too :-D

javoresku

Community Member
Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread