Project CARS 2 25th Jun 2018 - Group Stages (1 Viewer)

Zemke

Community Member
Reaction score
It's always so interesting to see other drivers' perspectives!

I thought I was having a bit of a difficult time controlling my Porsche, for example, but after watching @Battenberg wrestle his Nissan around every corner, I look like I was out for a Sunday cruise! That damn Nissan looks like a real buckin' bronco!

On the second lap, I felt like I exceeded track limits entering the 3rd chicane and I chose to give up a position because of it. So, I asked @UnstopaPaul to stay left so that he could safely pass me. I stayed to the right and accelerated much more slowly than normal as we exited that chicane. In your video though, Paul, I can't hear myself talk through your Teamspeak. And then after you passed me, it sounded like you said, "Oh! I didn't know how to get past him. Whew!" or something to that effect. So, now I'm wondering, can you guys not hear me on Teamspeak again? Or maybe some have chosen to Mute me? (bloody Yanks!)
:p

Anyway, here's a clip of the first 2 laps from my perspective. It sure was exciting when @Nada's turbo kicked in and he came across the track towards me as we exited turn 1! :eek:

Good times! :D

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
On the second lap, I felt like I exceeded track limits entering the 3rd chicane and I chose to give up a position because of it. So, I asked @UnstopaPaul to stay left so that he could safely pass me. I stayed to the right and accelerated much more slowly than normal as we exited that chicane. In your video though, Paul, I can't hear myself talk through your Teamspeak. And then after you passed me, it sounded like you said, "Oh! I didn't know how to get past him. Whew!" or something to that effect. So, now I'm wondering, can you guys not hear me on Teamspeak again? Or maybe some have chosen to Mute me? (bloody Yanks!)
:p
It could be that I was just too focused. Too late I worked out you were probably trying to concede a position, in the mean time there was a bit of confusion. You can check my stream to see if your voice came through in case it's a muting / volume issue

SillySausage

Community Member
Reaction score
While the race was decent, I had to pull out of there about halfway through. The UK is sitting at around 26 degrees, and upstairs in my house it's reaching upwards of 30 degrees. In the Oculus I was practically dying of heat so I had to come out of there.
Also, I was not competitive in the race at all. Not enough practice, and had I known just how slow the BMW was, I wouldn't have picked it :p Every 10 seconds I saw a Porsche go past.

I hope everyone had a great race!
Only 30 degrees? That’s cute. Try living in Australia :p

Sonic

Community Member
Reaction score
A car from hell especially if you start on the free settings from the last row by skipping qualification. A cool wild car from the past.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Wow great race guys suprised by that considering the death traps we were driving a few little knocks at the start but super clean for the rest of it..
Had an amazing battle with @Sonic for a good 15 odd minz. Then i was just trying to maintain my postion after that had a few moments. My biggest one was missing the pit entry lol i had to reverse back (i was not on the track btw lol) @CatchAGlimpse mate Apoligys for the corner entering the stadium i probbly could of let you have it but i had a quarter of my car there and wanted a fight lol. But all in all really great race and well done @Alex Salmon you cheater lol.....

kobusnell

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Many thanks to the RSR team for allowing us to drive these maniac machines. When I saw we could drive the big white whale, it was obvious what I was going to do. What an amazing car. I think the first thing I did was to set the turbo to 100%, and see if I could tame her. This is also where I realized my simple Driving Force GT pedals were not up to scratch, so I pressed a squash ball in behind the brake pedal. Without that, it was impossible to brake without locking. I had much more control after that. I also practiced quite a bit, probably put in about 3 - 4 hours with the car. What a car. What a car...

The race was great fun. I had an exciting start, but not as exciting as the guys behind me. @UnstopaPaul almost overtook me in both the first corner and the first chicane, but then he gave someone else a chance. @Zemke got really close, but after he gave the position back to Paul things concertina'd for a while. We had similar pace, with @Alex Salmon racing away.

Eventually things got very lonely. I think UnstopaPaul had an incident, haven't looked at his video yet, but definitely will. Made my stop after halfway, went out again and tried to put some good laps in. I think I made up some ground, but I know Alex was cruising. In the last 10 minutes I had 2 big moments, trying to close the gap a bit, hoping I'll catch a sleeping leader, but it was no use. The gap was about 10 seconds, and after my moments I decided to rather play it safe and finish. Think I finished 22 seconds behind Alex.

But congrats @Alex Salmon on the quali and win. Sick skills. I'll never have enough confidence to drive a car like that like a rally car. I'm sorry that I couldn't provide you with a challenge, unfortunately I'm very limited. Also @King-Kodiak, luckily you had some battles in the midfield to commentate on. Definitely going to watch the whole commentary tonight.

Also big congrats to the field. I find it quite ironic that the first lap with these beasts were much much cleaner than the Ginettas. It made the race fun. Also, I think the lapping went very well as well. Please call me out if you feel I did something wrong or inconsiderate, but I thought it went well.

And obviously I'm ecstatic finishing second!! :D:D:D The given podiums dropped out before hand, I know, I know, but still, so happy. I hope we can do a Le Mans with these cars, should be great fun as well.

Again, thanks to those who organized the event, thanks to @Darksi for managing the lobby, thanks to @King-Kodiak for the great video, and thanks to all the drivers for an entertaining evening.

SillySausage

Community Member
Reaction score
You have air con in your homes. We dont
Nope, not in my room :D I’ve been in 40-45 degree heat while on the sim rig in summer, not to mention the PC and wheel heat making things worse in my tiny room. Lucky for me our races are at 3:30-6:30ish in the morning so it’s mostly bearable, still gets mighty hot and sweaty by the end of a race though :p

Ben Watkinson

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Pretty gutted I didn't finish and had to retire took a wild card, went for the Nissan struggled handling the car as didn't do any practice my mistake really, had really bad wheel alignment also could kept veering left to right so thought it was best to retire before I wipe people out

Mearcat

Community Member
Reaction score
Flamin good fun,

I think I set mine up with too much understeer trying to balance out that power snap. had a bump in T1 which looks like a concetina effect and sorry for the T2 "Tyre/Porsche/Capri" sandwich @Gosku, mine came away with just 6 bumper damage. Hopefully yours didn't get any from my impact, I did slide into yours squarely in the door.

Massive power, flimsy frame and toffee for brakes. Gotta love the old have a go at dieing cars :D.

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:
I'll need to preparre a makeshit setup
:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious: that's my S5 practice slogan sorted.

Last edited:

Gosku

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Hopefully yours didn't get any from my impact, I did slide into yours squarely in the door.

not like i was counting but jumped from something like 17? to 67 front suspension and lets say im happy i atleast did soften your blow @Mearcat :D

Mearcat

Community Member
Reaction score
17? to 67 front suspension

ah crap. Thought with a broadside bump it wouldn't touch your suspension let alone your front :( ah... PCars strikes again.

:sorry: Sorry :sorry:

Alex Salmon

Community Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone! I really loved that one.

First of all a massive well done for @kobusnell and @UnstopaPaul for their really impressive race pace! You both did really well to keep the thing on the road and set those kind of times :D

Thank you to @King-Kodiak for gracing us with his god-like vocal tones last night with the stream!

Its a shame we didn't get a few more drivers for this event. These cars are absolutely awesome to drive, I find that Classic cars really want you to earn your pace by working with the car unlike how a modern GT3 or LMP gives you it on a plate and you just have to turn the wheel and press the pedals. There's something about holding the things on that edge of grip that makes them so rewarding :D

Thanks everyone for yet another great event! Hope to see you all at the RX event Thursday!

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score

King-Kodiak

Community Member
Reaction score
Nope, not in my room :D I’ve been in 40-45 degree heat while on the sim rig in summer, not to mention the PC and wheel heat making things worse in my tiny room. Lucky for me our races are at 3:30-6:30ish in the morning so it’s mostly bearable, still gets mighty hot and sweaty by the end of a race though :p
Crazy Aussies. You buggers are more built for that kind of heat. No way could I cope with that.

Thank you to @King-Kodiak for gracing us with his god-like vocal tones last night with the stream!

Always a pleasure to commentate for RSR, I am glad you guys enjoyed it

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Crazy Aussies. You buggers are more built for that kind of heat. No way could I cope with that.
I was in Exmouth (on the West Coast of Oz) some 10 years ago in June (late Autumn, early Winter for them I guess) and whilst I was walking around in shorts and struggling with the heat, they were walking around in jeans and jumpers, complaining it was cold. It was 30C!

Alex Salmon

Community Member
Reaction score
I was in Exmouth (on the West Coast of Oz) some 10 years ago in June (late Autumn, early Winter for them I guess) and whilst I was walking around in shorts and struggling with the heat, they were walking around in jeans and jumpers, complaining it was cold. It was 30C!
Exmouth? I think I have a cream for that :D

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score

kobusnell

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Will results for this event be posted? Would like to look at fasted laps and gaps.

Users who are viewing this thread