Project CARS 2 25th Jun 2018 - Group Stages (1 Viewer)

Alex Salmon

Community Member
Reaction score
I’ll pull out of this event, zero practice, too much going on currently.
Owww man, again? Man, just let me race you in these classic cars xD

In all seriousness though, that's a great shame, would have been great fun. Hope to see you back racing soon.

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Yeah they’re really cool, really wanted to get a ride on Moby Dick ;) Just too much stuff stopping me from getting seat time, hope it gets better over the coming weeks.

Guess we’ll see each other soon again :D

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

CatchAGlimpse

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Gonna attempt this with only the 1hr optional practice :dead:

Name: CatchAGlimpse
Do you understand and accept our Driving Standards? yes
Do you intend to attend and complete the race? yes

drukqs

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
it is with deep sadness that i will have to dropout from this event.
gl all!

Eugene Gajkin

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Because of exceeding the penalty points, I miss the event:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

King-Kodiak

Community Member
Reaction score
Alas I may not be able to commentate this event, wife has decided she is out tonight. If the kids are in bed, I might be able to attend

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Alas I may not be able to commentate this event, wife has decided she is out tonight. If the kids are in bed, I might be able to attend
Ohh noo what will i listen to during my trip to sleepington town lol..

SBart_uk

Community Member
Reaction score
Sadly I'm going to have to pull out :(. After 2 weeks of no racing my brake pedal has given up, tried to use the clutch instead but I'm too slow & inconsistent with it.

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
I have to pull out too. My pc is acting up and I have stability issues with weird stuttering and now three BSODs within half an hour. :(
Guess it's in a bad mood because I didn't really bother with it in for a while and only played about one or two hours over the last month...

Last edited:

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
That was a bit pants. I did nowhere near enough practice, so I had no confidence in the car in race trim. I kept losing it under braking with unfamiliar braking points so I retired before I wiped somebody out. Sorry to @Gosku for the 1st chicane on the 1st lap, but I had help from behind. Here's my short on board video:

14:22 - Qualifying lap
25:50 - Race start
26:20 - 1st chicane incident, a bump from the back sent me into a car ahead.
31:20 - Crash at 2nd chicane, lucky to get away with minimal damage.
34:50 - Spin at 2nd chicane. Nice parking though.
37:10 - Crash at 2nd chicane & retirement.

Last edited:

atmosfearic34

Community Member
Reaction score
While the race was decent, I had to pull out of there about halfway through. The UK is sitting at around 26 degrees, and upstairs in my house it's reaching upwards of 30 degrees. In the Oculus I was practically dying of heat so I had to come out of there.
Also, I was not competitive in the race at all. Not enough practice, and had I known just how slow the BMW was, I wouldn't have picked it :p Every 10 seconds I saw a Porsche go past.

I hope everyone had a great race!

King-Kodiak

Community Member
Reaction score

I had several sneezing fits through that race, despite the fact that its hotter then the sun in this room, but I still loved commentating these great cars.

Thanks for the comm box on this one, and see you next time :)

Thomas Sikora

Community Member
Reaction score
@Battenberg Sorry, i think the push in the first lap was my fault.

15 min before end i had to retire, could not see the brakepoints anymore, get 2 times big areo damage, hat pit 2 times, 3rd time make no sence

kobusnell

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
That was a bit pants. I did nowhere near enough practice, so I had no confidence in the car in race trim. I kept losing it under braking with unfamiliar braking points so I retired before I wiped somebody out. Sorry to @Gosku for the 1st chicane on the 1st lap, but I had help from behind. Here's my short on board video:

14:22 - Qualifying lap
25:50 - Race start
26:20 - 1st chicane incident, a bump from the back sent me into a car ahead.
31:20 - Crash at 2nd chicane, lucky to get away with minimal damage.
34:50 - Spin at 2nd chicane. Nice parking though.
37:10 - Crash at 2nd chicane & retirement.

The "WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" of the ?turbo? is amazing!!

Gosku

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Well i had huge moment hitting grass and i was super happy that i just saved it and then that happened @Battenberg
and after got hit by one more car so it was trip to pits for repairs :D but those thing happen and only thing im sad about is that i saw at 30min mark i had half tank left and i tried to fuel save and lost like 2mins doing that but just didnt manage and was left two laps short :D

Zemke

Community Member
Reaction score
That was REALLY fun! I love seeing those old beauties on the track.

I ruined my own race with 3 separate instances where I just wasn't concentrating and badly missed my braking point. Oh well. It was still great fun trying to control that rocket of a Porsche around the circuit.

Thanks guys! Always looking forward to the next one.

CatchAGlimpse

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
What a great event!

The race didn't start great dropping from 9th to 12th but I made the decision to pit around the 20 minute mark and fill the tank back up to the top and put some new tyres on. I thought pitting early would minimise the time in the pits repairing the engine and it paid off nicely when I got back up to 5th with 19 seconds to 6th. @steveg200 was closing with every lap and on the very last lap I stuffed it by losing the rear end with a battered rear left tyre. Happy with 6th considering I had never driven a lap on this track at 6pm UK time today.

Edit: Congrats @Alex Salmon - alien performance in both qualy and the race :blackalien:

Last edited:

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Well - that was ...interesting.

Damn @Alex Salmon is quick. I really hope there was a bit of a tow in that 1:53...

For me this was a race of trying to tame the beast and not dying. Getting a random 17% engine damage of a single slightly bad shift was a bit of a panic in the first couple of laps (I didn't see the cause and thought I'd left radiator at 0% or something).

I can only barely say I managed to make it through unscathed.....except that I didn't. I have to apologise to @CatchAGlimpse who I tapped of at T2 somepoint in the middle of the race. At the time I felt that you had come fully back left on me. In reality, watching the replay it's clear that my car turns in slightly as I lock up under braking trying to kill the speed, and I've misjudged the difference in relative speeds between our cars. This also means I've failed to wait. Again, really sorry, it's my bad.

The rest of the race was ever more gingerly driving the corners as something got worse with the car. Either tyres or brake damage or something, but the car handled like a dog for the last 20 mins. I have a strong feeling that part of the problem was "trying to drive carefully", which I often find for me means lifting off the accelerator at all the wrong times and causing even more problems. Something I'm really going to need to work on.

Anyway - here is my PoV

Users who are viewing this thread