Project CARS 2 30th Apr 2018 - Crossbow Experience (DLC required) (1 Viewer)

Hujkis

Community Member
Reaction score
I had to google 'Semi-slick' and 'Track' tyres. Thanks @Jussi_SMS for and exhaustive answer! :)
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sh...-Track-Tires&p=1485431&viewfull=1#post1485431

Looks like I got spoiled with all those fancy sequential gearboxes and forgot how to use a clutch. I suck at rev matching, as I cannot maintain a constant-ish brake pressure when downshifting. So I'm thinking about coasting with clutch disengaged in certain corners. What are you guys doing with this lovely car?

Eugene Gajkin

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I'm afraid that today I will not find the server on the list, but I'll come

Ranjanado

Community Member
Reaction score
Guys I’m also out off this one. Still in mourning as my mum in law passed away. Will be back as soon as I feel better

Jussi_SMS

Community Member
Reaction score
What are you guys doing with this lovely car?
Braking late, accelerating early, and driving like a madman. I.e. "following Cluck's example". =)

You can brake super late and deep (trail braking) in this car, and it can turn incredibly hard on the semi-slicks. The corner following the straight after the initial twisty bit (T5 or something? Does the right left combo in T1 count as one or two corners?) you can easily brake around the 50 meter board. The car doesn't go that fast down the straights, and it has both massive grip and pretty good DF.

Taorminator

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Sorry guys, I have to pull out of this one. Sorry for the late notice

Stokemon

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
SRCA on Wednesday and I need to practise tonight for that as I'm not around tomorrow. Sorry guys!

Alex Salmon

Community Member
Reaction score
Name: Alex Salmon
Do you understand and accept our Driving Standards? Yes
Do you intend to attend and complete the race? Yes

RimanDk

Community Member
Reaction score
Very annoyingly had lag issues with the server tonight. @The Wayfaerer complained it was hard to pass me in the first race because I was lagging for him. I didn't notice any lagging myself, but in the second race it picked up, unfortunately! Everybody started lagging a little and it went all sorts of wrong, when @Raigore was suddenly in front of me in T1 and I clipped his rear, sending us both off the track. Waited for him to rejoin and went after him. With 11 minutes left on the clock suddenly I had frozen cars all across the track. I made it through one sector and was disconnected =(. I closed the game, killed every application that might be sucking up internet resources and did a speed test to check my connection. Everything appeared in top condition. Rejoined the server as a spectator, eager to rejoin the next race, but even just spectating it was a complete disaster of a slideshow with cars driving straight into walls, then teleporting back on track only to skid off into the grass/gravel/fences and back again.

Aside from the fact that the server probably would have spat me out again briefly after I would have joined for the 3rd race, I think my lag issues would have turned me into a rolling hazard for the rest of you, so I decided against rejoining. Really unfortunate, too! I was enjoying the close battling and pushing this thing that hard =). Great car/track combo! Whoever came up with it is a genius! =)

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Aside from my contact with @t0daY in T1/T2 (again, my apologies, I was caught out by your slower speed through there but that's not an excuse, I should have been more careful) I had a lot of fun in the first 2 races. Race 3 got off to a bad start but I may have been the architect of my own downfall, threading my way through the initial tight pack I got knocked out. I think it was @Eugene Gajkin as he was clearly waiting for me to join - honestly, no hard feelings Eugene, I suspect I put myself somewhere you weren't expecting. With that, I set about trying to gain as many places as possible. After a lovely move on @fab. ICEMAN in the 2nd tight hairpin I got disconnected by the server and that was that.

Going to echo what @RimanDk said, the combo was absolutely superb and the 3 short sprint races made for a lot of fun. A little scrappy, yes, but a really great combo and a circuit that looks rubbish on paper but superb in the business of offering up fun with a capital F!

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score
Wow really awesome event! I impoved race by race and lap by lap, esp. following Iceman in Race 2, I was fighting so hard to keep up and then even boomed the inside successuflly :D
Race 3 was als insane fun! This was by far the most fun I had with pcars2 so far!
That Porsche Track looks more like a Test Track than a Race Track but I makes for some great racing!
Thank you all for joining and for racing!

Zemke

Community Member
Reaction score
Great fun! In race 2, I tested out the 'Track' tires and found out @Jussi_SMS wasn't kidding! Those things suck. I felt like a rolling roadblock. Oh well. At least I got to start race 3 from pole position, which led to fixing the volume issues of my microphone. Nice!
And all this time, I just thought no one liked my jokes.
:(

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score
Great fun! In race 2, I tested out the 'Track' tires and found out @Jussi_SMS wasn't kidding! Those things suck. I felt like a rolling roadblock. Oh well. At least I got to start race 3 from pole position, which led to fixing the volume issues of my microphone. Nice!
And all this time, I just thought no one liked my jokes.
:(
:D Maybe your jokes really are baaaaad, but now we can find out ^_^

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Puh, rough races but all in all it was so much fun! Race 1 amazing battle with @fab. ICEMAN for P2 (some more footage will be uploaded tomorrow). Race 2 was a little bit of a mess but still good fights with @Alex Salmon and @The Wayfaerer. Race 3 finally my time to shine, great battle with @miagi and @Alex Salmon. In the end I could secure the victory :)

Here is my point of view:

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Apologies for the very quiet audio, my PC had reset the default recording device again (my own fault, I updated the audio drivers the other day) to my mic, rather than the game's output. Anyhoo, this is the lap where my planned overtake on @fab. ICEMAN came to fruition, only for him to press the super-secret (hitherto unknown, outside of clubs with funny handshakes and strange rituals involving the baring of knees and nipples) "Kick the Chicken" keyboard combo, that dumped me out of the session :(

A pity that the server chose that moment to have a wobble, it was a fantastic bit of racing and I kind of wanted it to go on like that for the rest of the race.

Jussi_SMS

Community Member
Reaction score
In race 2, I tested out the 'Track' tires and found out @Jussi_SMS wasn't kidding! Those things suck.
I take offense to that, we worked hard on those tyres! >=(

Kidding, they are very slow by comparison. But they're not designed for racing purposes, they're track oriented road tyres, not racing semi-slicks. They're still pretty damn blistering compared to normal road tyres. =)

fab. ICEMAN

Staff iRacing
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Apologies for the very quiet audio, my PC had reset the default recording device again (my own fault, I updated the audio drivers the other day) to my mic, rather than the game's output. Anyhoo, this is the lap where my planned overtake on @fab. ICEMAN came to fruition, only for him to press the super-secret (hitherto unknown, outside of clubs with funny handshakes and strange rituals involving the baring of knees and nipples) "Kick the Chicken" keyboard combo, that dumped me out of the session :(

It was an exciting battle for sure :D I knew you where faster than me, so sorry for not doing us a "favor" by letting you go, I just wanted to have some fun and see how long I could hold you off. In a long term I just don't stand a chance without H-shifter... Should think about getting one :dead: I enjoyed the battle! :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread