Project CARS 2 4th Jun 2018 - Legends (1 Viewer)

eagle

Community Member
Reaction score
Name: Eagle
Do you understand and accept our Driving Standards? Yes
Do you intend to attend and complete the race? Yes

Taorminator

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I am sorry guys I have a super busy weekend and I won't have time to practice. Give my slot to a good lad!

Sonic

Community Member
Reaction score
Name: Sonic

Raigore

Staff iRacing
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Setting up this car is really hard, driving it fast even harder. For example Turn 1 I need to be spot on with the liftoff, too much and I overstear too much and lose alot of speed or just die, too little and I cant make the corner and die. Same with the last turn, I need to get a bit of a slide on corner entry otherwise I just understear off like a peasant and die. Doing this while dealing with other cars around? This will be interesting.:nailbiting:

steveg200

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Sorry but im not going to make this one

Darksi

Manager of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I'm going to have to pull out this race. My SSD failed tonight.

RimanDk

Community Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm pulling out of this one and probably suspending racing for the moment. In simple terms, I'm dying of heat. It's the hottest summer in living memory and despite a huge fan blowing straight at me at full chat, I'm still leaving the seat with my back utterly plastered with sweat... it's simply insufferable right now. Until the situation improves, I don't think I will be joining any more races.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
With the recent withdrawals, there is now 1 spot available if anybody still fancies signing up to this race :)

Anto

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Is it too late to take the last spot?

If not then:
Name: AntoH_st

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
^^ Not at all, nobody else has grabbed it so it's free for any member. You're added to the main roster :)

Patch 6 was released today, so please make sure you have updated BEFORE trying to join the race tonight. It's a 1GB download, so allow plenty of time.

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Sorry I’m not going to make tonight’s race :(

Dio_Giorno

Community Member
Reaction score
Im also out, someone called in sick at work so im getting some overtime.

See you guys for the next one!

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I had to retire around lap 26 or so. I was burning up here as the humidity had suddenly shot up and, with my fan well out of reach and my pit-stop done, I had to stop racing. Given that I spent all of 5 minutes with the combo before this evening (and that was just to get a very rough idea of fuel use), I was quite happy with just being in the top-10 at the time.

I also forgot, during my pathetic attempt at a driver briefing (my apologies for that, I really was unprepared and had no idea I was going to be doing it until, well, until I volunteered myself to do it :D), to mention that when we have mandatory pit-stops in a race, you MUST complete 1 full lap after your pit-stop before the race ends, or the pit-stop will be deemed to have been missed. Just make a mental note for the future that this is the rule we operate :)

Jomba

Community Member
Reaction score
Turn 1 pileup was actually all mine fault. I was off to a good start, strating from p8, then up to p5 or 6 i think, but then in the first corner i just went straight. I knew there will be less grip with tyres not up to the temp, i knew i have to lift more than usual. I was actually in 4th gear, but the tyres just failed. I was on the inner line, and should have lifted more, maybe lifted too late, i dont' know.
I lost grip, went straight and then bounced backed on to the track, just waiting to be hit. I ruined my race and other's and I will take any penalty you see fit.

After that the car was undriveable and i was devastated, so i just quit, so unfortunately don't have the replay, so if anyone has it, i would like to see it.

I feel really terrible at the moment, having extensively practiced for this race and then just ruin it for me and others in the first corner.

Anto

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Thanks for the race guys, a proper learning experience that was.

My main takeaway being make sure you have a pit stop for every occasion. I had a damage only pit stop setup but it only covered suspension and not aero so after an incident that bent the front of the car I was left running 8 seconds off my initial pace before eventually getting friendly with the armco and snapping the suspension. Apologies for being the mobile chicane tonight.

Looking forward to next time.

kobusnell

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Thanks all, this was great. Congrats to Stu, unbelievable driving.

Race was eventful. My race started with the wrong camera, and while I was trying to figure out what was going on, I clipped the barrier on the way to Curva Grande. Had a stupid car spinning in the air moment, cars drove past/underneath, and I landed on my wheels. Managed to make it back to the pits, filled her up, changed tyres, repairs, sat for about 2 hours, and eventually got going.

It felt like a large part of the race was just about trying to stay out of trouble. Was fun, but a bit hectic.

I hope tagging works as I think it should work...

In the second half of the race I was catching @Erik and @Nada was catching me, but he had insane pace. As he drove past me I followed him past Erik. He drove away, I managed to build up a 2 second gap to Erik, but made a stupid mistake and he caught me with 3 laps or so laps to go. It was intense from there on out.

On the final lap my rear hit the barriers at the second lesmo exit. Erik got a great tow to Parabolica, where I defended, but tried to leave him space on the outside. By doing so, I got terrible drive, and the race to the line was crazy.

See this video... I am the number 9 car, the video focuses on Erik, who is the number 8 car.

It finished like this:
ss223235.jpg

I think the final gap was 0.02 seconds

Edit:
And of course a big thank you to the RSR team!

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Well, safe to say I was rather happy with my race. :D

Having put a lot of time into preparation, and knowing I had pretty decent qualification pace I was really looking forward to it. Given my last 2 outings were fairly disastrous (an early crash of the Formula C into the barriers at Monaco, and starting on the wrong tyres for the LMP1 at Road America), I was determined to give it a better go this time, and so rolled out the secret weapon... @SBart_uk . A goodly part of this race was setup for sure, but having someone help review footage and suggest driving changes is really helpful to me also. Putting that testing through some laps was what cemented all that. (it was a lot, ok? Look, don't push me, it was well in the 3 digits!)

The actual race was in actual fact uneventful. Predictably @SBart_uk had pole, and I was ecstatic to get the 2nd position. A great start off the line allowed me to keep just behind Stu going into T1, and I managed to stick with him for a couple of laps before the skill gap hit home, and I had a little wobble in the first lesmo. Once out of the draft he was gone for good.

@Jussi_SMS put on quite a lot of pressure for 18 laps, closing to 2 seconds at one point, before I got a bit more focus, and the traffic cleared a little. Things changed when we both pitted at the end of lap 18. I guess that Jussi was taking on more fuel, or repairing a little aero damage, because his stop was another 10 seconds on top of mine. With the gap now at 15 seconds the pressure was lifted, and I settled into rhythm, with the odd back marker sliding off track in front of me (generally at parabolica) to keep things "interesting".

P2 was an awesome result for me, but really the key victories were:
  • No damage. At all. None (pretty certain that is a first). Super happy with this one, as your finishes are always better this way
  • No slides of track (a couple of minor corrections, sure)
  • Not lapped by "coach". ;)

EDIT: Here's the PoV. One day I'll be able to speak and race :D

Finally, thanks as ever to the admins for running such awesome events.

Last edited:

SBart_uk

Community Member
Reaction score
Firstly thanks to the admins, I'd been waiting to race the Lotus 49C in a proper race since I first got VR and moved over to Project Cars from Grand Prix Legends. Finally it happened and I couldn't wait!

The race was pretty uneventful for me as well. Me and @UnstopaPaul had hoped that we could be P1 & 2 by the time we arrived at Lesmo 1. As we were hoping this would allow me to drag him clear of whoever was in P3. Luckily this all worked out better than we'd hoped for. We both got a brilliant start and already had a considerable gap by then.
As paul said he stuck with me for a few laps until he made a mistake.

After this I had one big moment going into Curva Grande after I'd seen Paul drop back and I was thinking about when he would/should pit and forgot to lift and turn! :wideyed: :rolleyes:

I then decided I should focus on my own race and making sure I don't crash out of this one when I had plenty of time to play with. So I was a bit cautious after that close call and spent most of my race watching the gap between @UnstopaPaul and @Jussi_SMS. There were a few other interesting moments like some haybales being strewn across the middle of the track etc...

I'm very happy to win this one and looking forward to what comes next....*Cough...Classic Le-Mans...Cough* ;):stig:

Someone mentioned they'd like to try the setup after the race so I've set a time trial with it so now its available to whoever wants to try it or have a look/compare :).

Heres my Vid :

Users who are viewing this thread