Assetto Corsa (1 Viewer)

Laiders

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Anybody else enjoy a bit of Assetto Corsa?

I've not played it since getting my DK2, initial VR support wasn't worth bothering with.

Tried it again and have to say the VR support is much better and seems fully useable now.

Tried a few practice sessions and couldn't get terribly involved with it. Then remembered the live timing app from the other RSR (http://www.radiators-champ.com/RSRLiveTiming/) and went and did a session in the Miura at Silverstone National, just brilliant, no other sim drives like AC! It just feels like the real thing. Did some laps chasing the lap times on the app, always good to have a marker of where you are and motivation to push harder.

Then tried the 595 Abarth at a mod track, Ampertsham (http://assettocorsa.club/mods/tracks/aspertsham.html#en), basically some lanes through the Bavarian countryside. Great fun, really nicely put together mod open roads track with scenery that works convincingly in VR. I just love that Kunos faithfully modelled the 32bhp standard car and the physics make it still fun to hoon about on a road circuit :D

Has anybody got any suggestions for more gems of car and track combinations (original, DLC or mods)? Almost all the DLC packs have something tempting in them (I have none)...

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I used to play it a lot before Pcars got released. I was in a little racing club a bit like RSR before it folded. Since Pcars got released, and TGC/RSR happened, I dipped into it form time to time. When I got my Rift, I found it undrivable, so I left it for a while. But ever since I found out about ASW, AC works a LOT better with my rift than it did before, and it's lovely!

I find the driving experience in AC a lot more rewarding and engaging, but I prefer racing in Pcars. Pcars has got just the right balance of challenge/forgivingness for me, which allows me to push and encourages good racecraft without too much risk - more fun, in a nutshell!

It takes me a little while to get up to speed in AC, and when I'm finally ready to race, the public lobbies are always limited to the same GT2 @ Spa or trackday @ Nordschleife combos. Granted Pcars has the same issues with lack of variety in public lobbies, but that's why I'm in RSR ;)

The offline AI is hit & miss too, so I usually just do Solo practice offline. But it's still amazing just driving around by yourself. I have all of the DLC, which covers quite a lot of ground. The new Porsche Cayman GT4 Clubsport & 911 Carrera RSR 3.0 from the recent Porsche Pack 1 are my current favourites.

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I took the F40 S3 for a ride at the nos and i suddenly felt the need for a H shifter :eek:

G

Gopher04

The Porsche dlc 3 pack released today, the GT3 Cup car is just so much fun, would make a great night of racing when you have a empty space..

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
The Porsche dlc 3 pack released today, the GT3 Cup car is just so much fun, would make a great night of racing when you have a empty space..

You can create anytime an AC event right here: https://revolutionsimracing.com/forums/community-events.90/

I am pretty sure couple people would turn up for the beginning :) Although our focus at the moment is our international cup and the upcoming 24 hours of Daytona in iRacing :p

G

Gopher04

Breaking News..

Early reports suggest Digital Bros Group, an Italian company with offices located around the globe, have purchased Kunos Simulazioni, the development studio responsible for racing simulation Assetto Corsa on both console and PC.

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
Breaking News..

Early reports suggest Digital Bros Group, an Italian company with offices located around the globe, have purchased Kunos Simulazioni, the development studio responsible for racing simulation Assetto Corsa on both console and PC.

They did actually. It was the only feasible way to survive for Kunos. The other option was bankruptcy.

SlowBloke

Community Member
Reaction score
I hope they get what they need to flourish - definintely prefer Project Cars but have a soft spot for AC.

It does suggest that commercially the DLC every few months is not enough to keep them going.

Quite glad SMS went down the PC2 route as that should hopefully give them a bucketload more cash to do PC3 etc.. vs the peanuts they would get for keeping PC1 going for years where its severely dated.

Only commercial models that would seem to make sense is what iracing is doing or the Raceroom approach (which although I dont really touch due to the VR stuff other seem to be ok with it).

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
Newbie Corsa Bloke - Is there a way to change the seat position when you are in the car?

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Yup, there's a HUD app that comes with the game which lets you change and save the seat pos and FOV for each car, I can't remember what it's called or the icon, but it's in there somewhere. A lot of their default positions in VR were way off, so I've used it quite a bit. It might be called something like 'Driver Eye Position' or something.

SlowBloke

Community Member
Reaction score
Definitely want in - the Porsche 919 Hybrid 2016/ 911 RSR 2017 and Cayman GT4 are absolute peaches. Cant wait to try the 2 LMP1's coming later today too.

ramiboo

Community Member
Reaction score
I'll give it a go. I think I have it all. I remember buying a season pass a while back! :happy:

Laiders

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Would be up for giving it a go online, only ever used it as a hot lap simulator!

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
I'm in, but it all depends on my free time.

I have all dlcs BTW

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Dunno what happened here (new tyre model??) but i lowered my pb with zonda r at the ring by 20 sec now i sit a 6.56.xx with some mistakes

Laiders

RSR Academy
Reaction score
AC have released a Ferrari pack to keep us occupied whilst we wait for the main release of the week.

The 250 GTO is just magnificent to drive on the limit.

330 P4 is a hoot as well, really hope it feels this good in Pcars2!

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Loud engine nostalgia...
Sorry for not centered cam, looks like AC doesn't have a button to center VR view

Users who are viewing this thread