Assetto Corsa Competizione Blancpain Challenge - Round 1: Nürburgring (2 Viewers)

Blancpain Challenge - Round 1: Nürburgring
Posted by m4nu
Assetto Corsa Competizione
Sunday, October 4, 2020 - 19:00
Until: Sunday, October 4, 2020 - 22:59
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

JetPistol

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Sadly the race on Sunday collides with an event I've signed up for earlier. Schedules weren't finished then and now there's collision. :banghead: It's likely I won't show up.

MelBonkers

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Strangely not really no. I mean the quality isn’t great in ACC VR anyway so you won’t notice xD and you can increase supersampling and get a clearer picture than having res scale and ss on 100%.
Will check this out. I used to have res scale to 90% and then use upscaling, but for me the image would never be sharp. Now I run res scale at 100% and no upscaling (so just 100%) and that seems to give a far clearer image overall.

Will try to run res scale at minimum as suggested Puffy and see how that works.

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
TS saying I have insufficient permissions.....

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
You may have to re-sync your forum account with TeamSpeak. Click on your name on the top right here and then on TeamSpeak...unlink and re-sync again.

Darksi

Manager of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Full game crash for me tonight. after the first 30 minutes :-(

David Siska

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
It was my first successful race in the rain. I stayed on dry tires after the pit stop, and it was the good choice.
Very close racing with you @TonyR in the first half of the race. I enjoyed it :) Sad, that you fell behind after your pit stop.
You were very fast tonight @Nada . I had no chance to catch you. Congrats!

It was a very nice race.
Thank you!

SBart_uk

Community Member
Reaction score
Totally gutted that I threw this race away like an idiot! :banghead::banghead::banghead: I was thinking about what tyres to take so much that I didn't notice I had pit strategy 2 selected which didn't have any fuel! Other than that it was a good race....

I didn't think this would be such a great track for the Maser so I was pretty happy to stick it on pole with .3 of a second to spare. Managed to knock out some 4's and low 5's in the first few laps and build a bit of a gap. I increased it slowly to around 5-6s and everything was looking good until the pitstop where I didn't refuel! For a double whammy I didn't have enough fuel for a full speed lap back to the pits either so had to let everyone by and do a very slow lap back to the pits to refuel.
Nearly went onto wets at that point but decided to stay on the slicks thankfully!
I think I came out in 11th and from then on I was just trying to be clean and not make too many mistakes. I fought my way back up to 6th by the end, 5th may have been on the cards but I had a half spin in T1 trying to push hard and get those extra points as there was around a 30s gap back to 7th. So I had nothing to lose really.

Looking forward to the next one! :)

ps. Someone's mic was pretty annoying for most of the race. Are we not supposed to be on push to talk? :p

Last edited:

TonyR

Community Member
Reaction score
Nice race with hard conditions.

As @David Siska already said we had a real nice fight going on but @Nada was also not far away in front of me so I was looking forward to a 3 pack battle to the end.

However rain was on the radar. First thing I noticed was that my pace was really good when it started to rain and the car was awesome to drive. Unfortunately I changed to wet tires as I thought the + in the weather progression HUD would mean the rain will be increased however that wasn't really the case up until the last laps. That meant that my pace was utter rubbish after the pit stop and I couldn't follow David and Frank anymore.
(What happened to the pole setter in the Maserati at this point? Edit: Ok, just read your post right before mine)

I will write that off as a new experience since it was only my 2nd race involving rain in ACC after the pre-race.

Special sorry to @MelBonkers who I dive bombed after Schumacher S in 1st lap. That is really not my style and shall not be repeated anytime soon.

Looking forward to Hungaroring!

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Great opening round of the season!

I hadn't done any practice at all for this race. Jumped into practice with 15 minutes left, made some quick set-up changes and hoped for the best. Surprised to qualify in P7, I think there was about 0.4 seconds covering 4 drivers.

As usual I made a timid start and lost a place. @Battenberg got in front so I spent the next 30 minutes trying to find a way passed. The BMW is strong on the straights, but could only really get alongside into T1 and couldn't make it stick. Then we were joined by @Daz Oz in the Porker and we swapped places a few times. Was a really intense first half to the race. Once the rain was on the forecast I decided to stay out as long as I could to see what was going to happen. I eventually ran low on fuel so made the call to pit and stay on slicks. Thankfully the heavy rain never came so the slicks were fine. Just needed to stay off the kerbs. I was being chased in the closing laps by @SBart_uk but thankfully the race ended before the gap really closed. Really happy with P5 and I think the BMW performed well here.

See you all at R2 :cool:

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
One thing is sure with these gt4, you can't undercut at all as you get stone cold tyres at pits :banghead::banghead:

benimi

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I think pretty much every practice session I did, except 1, started with rain, and dried up slowly. So I had plenty of practice with changing conditions, which didn't matter too much, because the last part of the race, both dry and wet tires were quite close.

Dangerous Gianetta

Community Member
Reaction score
Short report;

special congratz RSR staffs , podium drivers, especially to teammate @David Siska great result wow
and all joined friends,

qualify: 11 th place :)
I couldn't finish the race. i gave up 20 min to finish the race.but didnT quit from server :) for may be 1 point:D:p
althought i really enjoyed until i gave up the race.Especially fight with @kobusnell and Scott .
cya next round guys,
cheers.

kobusnell

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Short report;

special congratz RSR staffs , podium drivers, especially to teammate @David Siska great result wow
and all joined friends,

qualify: 11 th place :)
I couldn't finish the race. i gave up 20 min to finish the race.but didnT quit from server :) for may be 1 point:D:p
althought i really enjoyed until i gave up the race.Especially fight with @kobusnell and Scott .
cya next round guys,
cheers.
Yeah we had a really enjoyable fight, with @Scottmik (right?). That Mclaren is a beast on the straights.

MelBonkers

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
My race yesterday: got on the server, used the default aggressive setup, did my first 3 laps just before quali. Qualified P6 (what the hell :oops:). Had a very good start, went from P6 to P3 after the Mercedes complex. I think in lap 1 or 2 I got dive bombed after the Schumacher S. In the moment I was seriously pissed and focussed on getting back on track and continueing my race. Fell back to P8 or so and didn't have top speed anymore. After a couple of laps I got overtaken on the straights by quite some cars and got pushed off track and fell back to last position. The car that took me out waited for me (thank you!, I don't know what your name is as I keep having difficulties with translating nicknames to real names :-D ), but I told him to continue as my car had some damage. I crawled back to the pits and decided to do a pitstop to change tires and repair damages. While I was standing in the pits I heard the leaders passing by on the straight and I decided to quit the race and do something else as I lost my appetite in finishing the race and didn't want to drive by myself for the remaining 80 minutes or so of the race.

@TonyR I just read your message about the dive bomb and appreciate it (the message, not the dive bomb ;-) ). It would be nice if next time something happens, you wait for the other car before resuming the race.

T.rev.1

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Once again congrats to the Podium Places and thanks to Admins for arranging the race, and well done to all who took part.

My Race: Qualified and started 17th dropped back at the start and by lap 8 got up to 14th by lap 11, 13th place and stayed there for most of the 1st stint about 45 mins o_O (yes this is good) with @flyingspark chasing me the whole time in my mirrors, pit on L26, lets try wets (Wrong Wrong Wrong) came out in front of @flyingspark but, had to let him go, wets turned Yellow, Red, Brown and pear shape. Pit again for slicks adjusting pressure, came back out in last place :eek:. Finished in P16 at the end. Still Good as my super teammate @Dama_The_Crow, I believe finished P8 so after the 1st round we are 3rd in the Championship ;). C U at the next race.

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I had a very enjoyable race. It was my first event since moving house, so I was a little bit anxious that something in my setup would go awry, but thankfully it all seemed ok. Despite being rusty, I had a pretty good qualifying session. I was on track to beat my time by a few tenths on my final flying lap, but a mistake coming onto the back straight removed any chances of jumping up some positions.

I had a good opening lap, and was having a great fight with the cars around me. Soon I became the front of a 4 car train for the first half of the race, and had some fun defending from @hinesy32 and @Daz Oz. I decided to start the race with a full tank, as I didn't plan a fuel strategy. This turned out to be a blessing in disguise, as I was able to run as long as possible as the drizzle arrived. I think that RCI enduro race me and @kobusnell did recently was super valuable in judging these conditions on slicks! With 15 mins to go, and the rain forecast to get heavier, I took a risk to switch to wets, hoping for the leaders to skate off the track in the final laps. It didn't get anywhere near heavy enough, but looking at the lap times in the final few laps, I think I made the right call. I gained a chunk of time to Tony ahead, but the gap was already too big to do anything. I needed 10 more mins and a touch more rain to have a shot at the podium.

Still, very happy to finish P4! Me and my teammate @kobusnell now lead the championship, let's see how long we can stay up there...

Pierre CREUSEVAULT

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Hard race, but enjoyable nontheless for me. Even though i had several training sessions with my teammate @benimi i can't find the perfect way to drive the Camaro which is a bit frustrating given how much people praise the car's capabilities.

Quali wasn't that bad, i could easily reach the 2:07s with plenty of time to gain here and there but a succession of driving errors and traffic kept me from improving. Starting P15, i managed to do a good start and gained places, only to lose them at first corner. It looks like my poor driving kept me out of focus and i ended up doing very slow lap times. I was fortunate to keep the car between the lines though as some mistakes/disconnections here and there granted me some positions.

I happened to have some good fights with @Ricardo Macieira , first time when the rain began i could maintain a decent pace even though he was more consistent. With little fuel remaining, i decided to do an early pitsop (about 30 minutes after the start) to get fuel and higher pressure on the tires. It proved to be a good strategy as the rain never dropped enough for wet tires. Later on, Ricardo finished his pit and we were back for the fight. I knew @benimi was way faster than me so i decided to let him through and tried to buy him time by holding Ric as much as i could. An unfortunate slide under braking caused us to contact, sending Ric on a spin. I was lucky not to spin and had no damages so i kept going on.

The nightmare for me really started on the last 10 minutes as the rain dropped again, causing the tires to get colder. Exactly 6 seconds after pit closed, i hit the curb at Ford Kurve too hard, causing me a double slow puncture. I tried to nurse the car as much as i could, with braking and cornering capabilities dropping massively lap after lap. I should be happy to finish 15th, but given the amount of people that got disconnected, i can't consider it as a good performance. Hopefully things can get better at the Hungaroring :)

FlyAxL

RSR Academy
Reaction score
805550_screenshots_20201006203041_1.jpg

First race of the season and an untertaining one, I've spent the first half with 3 others cars fighting for position.
Then the rain came in, i try to keep outside the longest possible untill rain tyres get optimum, but my fuel level is already in the red, I ve been forced to pit early.

805550_screenshots_20201006203735_1.jpg

Add to this that I fail to stop in the pit zone and have to restart my car and go reverse, what a loose of time i wont get out in great position! Coming out p15, cold dry tyres, I do my best to get them hot without success i manage to get them less dark at least. I can keep their pressure around 26psi untill the last 20min where it was getting more wet on the track and temp were going down. I still manage to get some position and finish the race p7 just in front of Oz who was coming back dangerously on me.

805550_screenshots_20201006204756_1.jpg

Im pretty happy overall with my first race and I am looking forward to compete at hungaroring.

805550_20201006205521_1.png

Users who are viewing this thread