Assetto Corsa Chit Chat & Question Thread (1 Viewer)

Ricardo

Staff Assetto Corsa
#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
@Ricardo Macieira @Noztra @t0daY
Don't wanna sound cocky, but why is the Team Selection thread still locked? First test race is done, last one is next week and then we are almost in the season. Livery creation deadline is on 19th April, this all gets a little bit tight in time.
There is also no Info about the partly locked setup and about starting time of the races. Would be nice to have some practice with the locked setup and test the car at night, best would be if this is possible more than 2 days (exaggerating) before the actual race ;-)

Cheers,
Exited
hi mate,
threads should go live very soon(we'll try today)
about setups we're gonna discuss also today/tomorrow

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@Ricardo Macieira @Noztra @t0daY
Don't wanna sound cocky, but why is the Team Selection thread still locked? First test race is done, last one is next week and then we are almost in the season. Livery creation deadline is on 19th April, this all gets a little bit tight in time.
There is also no Info about the partly locked setup and about starting time of the races. Would be nice to have some practice with the locked setup and test the car at night, best would be if this is possible more than 2 days (exaggerating) before the actual race ;-)

Cheers,
Exited
But you do sound cocky ;) :D

Jokes aside, will go live all today :)

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
But you do sound cocky ;):D

Jokes aside, will go live all today :)
Sorry for the harsh tone, I just want this season to be awesome, because the cars are awesome and this game, especially with Sol is also awesome :)
So imo everything is set for an awesome season, even more because you guys all are awesome! :)

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Sorry for the harsh tone, I just want this season to be awesome, because the cars are awesome and this game, especially with Sol is also awesome :)
So imo everything is set for an awesome season, even more because you guys all are awesome! :)

Feedback is important and you are right in this matter. When your tone gets too harsh, I will let you know. You should know me by now a bit ;)

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
The races for this season are not visible on the calendar page. Pls add. :)

You are demanding quite a lot latey Jomba ;)

Jomba

Community Member
Reaction score
I have few days off, so plenty of time for demanding stuff. :)

Regarding dates, i like how you coordinated both leagues - minimum overlap time.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I have few days off, so plenty of time for demanding stuff. :)

Regarding dates, i like how you coordinated both leagues - minimum overlap time.

I am honest, I have currently more important things on my agenda. Can not give you an exact date but at some point next week all dates should be visible.

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Eh, I just saw myself on main roster for the Season. I signed up as a wildcard so please give my spot to someone who can race more frequently please.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Eh, I just saw myself on main roster for the Season. I signed up as a wildcard so please give my spot to someone who can race more frequently please.

All the others are reserves as well. Live with it Jerry^^

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
If anyone requires help with a custom livery please pm me with any preferences and team name. Unfortunately i am only gunne be able to do 5 or 6 due to work so its a 1st come 1st serverd basis. Just incase i dont get round to you please have a back up selected. Cheers. John.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Ok so im off on some of the races so i was thinking i may stream some races i know theres a few apps avalible for broadcasting so if anyone knows were an how to use em please let me know.cheers

Stokemon

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Being a bit dumb... Can someone please point me in the direction of the skin pack to edit for livery? Cheers
Post automatically merged:

Being a bit dumb... Can someone please point me in the direction of the skin pack to edit for livery? Cheers

And I immediately find it myself anyway haha

Noztra

Community Member
Reaction score
Ok so im off on some of the races so i was thinking i may stream some races i know theres a few apps avalible for broadcasting so if anyone knows were an how to use em please let me know.cheers

This is what we used at the "other place". :)

Noztra

Community Member
Reaction score
> LODs improvements by Battenberg

What does LOD stand for? :)

It stands for level of detail.

Its how every game optimize performance. So when you look at an object close up it will be 100% quality at LOD1. Then lets say you move 10m away, then the object will use LOD2 and the quality will be 75%. Then you move 50m away and it will switch to LOD3 at quality will be 25%. This is of course at simplified way of explaining it.

Last edited:

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
The ones I've made are not elegantly done or in line with the loose standard of the official Kunos cars (I was learning as I went), but they should produce a FPS performance boost nonetheless. In the hands of a proper modder (get in touch if you are!) there should be more gains to be found, but hopefully this update will help see us through the season.

The original mod had only 2 LODs, the 2nd of which was still hyper detailed and was rendered even when hundreds of meters away - Causing an unnecessary performance hit. I've made 2 more optimized models, with simplified meshes and objects not visible from the outside deleted (stuff in the cockpit, ducts, radiators, hidden body parts, layers of carbon etc.). As Noz said, these are loaded at progressively further distances, so you can't see the details anyway. Here's what they all look like at the same distance:
unknown.png

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread