Project CARS 2 Chit Chat (1 Viewer)

Topsie

Community Member
Reaction score
Do I need to clear something out of Steam in case it throws a wobbler from dev time to real game. It's picked up my hours played after the 28mb pre-load lol...that probably isn't the whole game :) it's only 50-odd hours, I can quickly make that up when it goes live.
It was brought up on the WMD forums - I had to uninstall Project Cars 2 (23mb) in steam and allow it to start the preload again. Think I right clicked the game and started pre-load again that way. Worked fine after that.

ramiboo

Community Member
Reaction score
Do I need to clear something out of Steam in case it throws a wobbler from dev time to real game. It's picked up my hours played after the 28mb pre-load lol...that probably isn't the whole game :) it's only 50-odd hours, I can quickly make that up when it goes live.
I had this too. I uninstalled and removed the Pheonix folder (not sure why that was still there) and then hit the play button and bingo a 35GB download started.

SharkyOB

Community Member
Reaction score

I just made sure everything from the WMD version was removed before doing the pre-load. So that's the PCars2 directory under Documents and also the main game directory under Steam, which didn't get removed automatically after the WMD key was revoked. It might not have been necessary to do this, but I'd rather have a clean install and my internet connection is fast enough that re-downloading wasn't really an issue for me.

rillo7105

Community Member
Reaction score
Can i VPN to Alofi UTC -12 and launch the game in Steam. It is almost midnight there now.. #readytoracepc2now :)

SharkyOB

Community Member
Reaction score
Nope, release is the same time worldwide.

MikeyTT

Community Member
Reaction score
66.6GB here, but then that is over 2 PCs, so 33.3 GB each.

Interested to know how many of you that were on the fence have been convinced yet, based on the reviews and video content over the past 3-4 weeks or so.

Last edited:

Gxbbs

Community Member
Reaction score

Interested to know how many of you that were on the fence have been convinced yet, based on the reviews and video content over the past 3-4 weeks or so.
I’m not going to lie, I was kinda on the fence about getting it. I tried the game at sim expo and there is a night and day difference from the first game. I purposely hit a puddle at high speed and the car just tried to wash out which resulted in me going sideways having to recover the car :p

SharkyOB

Community Member
Reaction score
Yeah, the first time you aquaplane on a dynamically created puddle/river in the game (mine was in the dip between McLean's and Coppice at Donnington) is quite something.

G

Gopher04

Well there's no doubt I am in that category, I've been keeping a eye :mooning: on all I can get my hands on, reviews, vids, and personal opinions of a few, the more I've seen the more I like, don't get me wrong I'm still not 100% convinced, but I want to race with the team again so I've taken the plunge, I've have faith, but I have got everything crossed as well, I've even managed to cross me plums :arghh:.

35gb, mine was 48gb..
I did have to take my horse tablets last night so I'm guessing my vision was bad, my download was 35gb.:eggface:

Last edited by a moderator:

Thomas Sikora

Community Member
Reaction score
Stupid question, i have Pcars2 in my steam games. Is it preloaded or not? how i get the information or how i activete the preload?

I never deinstalled my Phoenix or Pcars2, must i?

G

Gopher04

Pre-load will self activate tonight when officially released, it will just do another small download when it's ready, and then it wont say Pre-load anymore just Play.

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
Stupid question, i have Pcars2 in my steam games. Is it preloaded or not? how i get the information or how i activete the preload?

You don't have to, but it would be better to start clean. I just deleted everything on my pc regarding Pcars 2 (except screenshots) and started a clean, new download.
And deleting the settings and profiles of pcars 2 is mandatory imho.

Eugene Flerko

Community Member
Reaction score

If it's pre-loaded, then in your games list it should look like below:
Untitled-1.jpg

If no pre-load is shown then you should uninstall it from steam and start pre-load again

Feanor

Community Member
Reaction score

Even the videos didn't do the trick for me.:meh:

To convince me it took two developers and a bunch of WMD2 members taking me to the Nürburgring, giving me a nice PCars2-shirt, go karting with me, talking me through all the things that were improved and how stable the game runs, attending a motorsport event, letting me play the game on some cool rigs, taking me for an amazing lap on the Nordschleife and being great guys alltogether...:D
Then I bought the game.
#bestsalespitchever

Eugene Flerko

Community Member
Reaction score
Feanor, you already got much more for what you paid than rest of us :)

G

Gopher04

Nvidia have released 385.69 game ready driver for PC2..

The new GeForce Game Ready 385.41 WHQL drivers are optimized for Destiny 2's PC Open Beta, the NVIDIA HBAO+ and ShadowPlay Highlights PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds update, ARK: Survival Evolved's official release, F1 2017, Pro Evolution Soccer 2018, and Quake Champions' Early Access release.

GeForce Game Ready Driver
Game Ready Drivers provide the best possible gaming experience for all major new releases, including Virtual Reality games. Prior to a new title launching, our driver team is working up until the last minute to ensure every performance tweak and bug fix is included for the best gameplay on day-1.

Game Ready
Provides the optimal gaming experience for Project Cars 2, Call of Duty: WWII open beta, Total War: WARHAMMER II, Forza Motorsport 7, EVE: Valkyrie – Warzone, FIFA 18, Raiders of the Broken Planet, and Star Wars Battlefront 2 open beta

http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/geforce-385-69-whql-driver-download.html

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Nvidia have released 385.69 game ready driver for PC2..

The new GeForce Game Ready 385.41 WHQL drivers are optimized for Destiny 2's PC Open Beta, the NVIDIA HBAO+ and ShadowPlay Highlights PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds update, ARK: Survival Evolved's official release, F1 2017, Pro Evolution Soccer 2018, and Quake Champions' Early Access release.

GeForce Game Ready Driver
Game Ready Drivers provide the best possible gaming experience for all major new releases, including Virtual Reality games. Prior to a new title launching, our driver team is working up until the last minute to ensure every performance tweak and bug fix is included for the best gameplay on day-1.

Game Ready
Provides the optimal gaming experience for Project Cars 2, Call of Duty: WWII open beta, Total War: WARHAMMER II, Forza Motorsport 7, EVE: Valkyrie – Warzone, FIFA 18, Raiders of the Broken Planet, and Star Wars Battlefront 2 open beta

http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/geforce-385-69-whql-driver-download.html
Any use for 9xx series?

Eugene Flerko

Community Member
Reaction score
Any use for 9xx series?
It's not about use for separate series. The drivers are supposed to deliver better GPU optimization for all supported series.

Users who are viewing this thread