Project CARS 2 Chit Chat (3 Viewers)

Stitch

Community Member
Reaction score
I don't have that but every time I refresh servers, I get a different selection.

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Is it just me or do cockpits look a bit "narrow" in VR? What are optimal fov settings?

Feynman

Community Member
Reaction score
I find the gearbox reluctant to change down ( not using clutch pedal ). It seems inconsistent because there are times when it seeems fine, but most of the time it feels like the game doesn't want to change down to early..

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I find the gearbox reluctant to change down ( not using clutch pedal ). It seems inconsistent because there are times when it seeems fine, but most of the time it feels like the game doesn't want to change down to early..
Good to read this, gearbox protection is a huge improvement from pc1 where you could go down 5 gears with an autofire button in 0.5s for hotlapping and felt so arcadish...

Eugene Flerko

Community Member
Reaction score
When this feature was first implemented in the game I didn't like it. But the more I played the more I felt it works just right! Now I love this feature!!! :)

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
Downloaded Project Cars 2 yesterday and ever since my PC has been unbearably slow. I can't open any programs now.

Feynman

Community Member
Reaction score
I fully understand the issue about the rapid downchanges people were using to slow the cars...but for me there are times when it's like the game is deciding how you should drive, of course it does vary from car to car. When driving the GInetta gt4 there are times where I WANT second gear but I need to wait till the rpm / speed drops before I can engage it. I've chatted to a number of people who have been a bit frustrated with this change so it's not just me :).

Stitch

Community Member
Reaction score
I fully understand the issue about the rapid downchanges people were using to slow the cars...but for me there are times when it's like the game is deciding how you should drive, of course it does vary from car to car. When driving the GInetta gt4 there are times where I WANT second gear but I need to wait till the rpm / speed drops before I can engage it. I've chatted to a number of people who have been a bit frustrated with this change so it's not just me :).

The down-shifting is incredibly annoying imo. It's feels really unresponsive and delayed. You tap it a couple of times and will only register half the shifts, causing you to be out of gear. I don't mind a down-shift protection but the one in place at the moment is too strict. I've quite literally got to the point where I'm tapping the shifters like someone with Parkinson's disease to get it to register the gears. I'm just hoping it gets changed because it just feels sluggish.

SillySausage

Community Member
Reaction score
I'm tending to agree. I like the idea to remove the exploit from the first one but it just feels to inconsistent to me at the moment, sometimes you can downshift when and as much as you like but the next lap at the same corner you run wide trying to wait to downshift. If you shift to much anyway the rear locks up anyway so it's a bit of a double-whammy.

Stitch

Community Member
Reaction score
For those having issues with joining lobbies:

We're rolling out Patch 1.1.2.0, to fix the problems we've been having with joining multiplayer lobbies.
Lobbies between versions are incompatible, so if there's a mixture of pre- and post-patch participants in a lobby, the multiplayer session will never start. Please be sure to patch your game to the latest version as soon as possible, and help spread the word to your pals.

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Funny iRacing guys saying the FFB feels numb in pc2 o_O no seriously as opposed to iRacing you don't need to download 50 additional programs to make it feel good, just fidle a bit ;)

Last edited:

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
The downshift protection will get further tweaks. It was introduced very late in the development, just need some refining. In general, I like the idea of having it.

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
Have now managed to uninstall PC2 and re-download and install again and PC problems seem to be fixed now. Another problem now is that my HE pedals are not being recognised. Whenever I select to calibrate them it tells me that some settings haven't been set, but not what they are. I've tried to set them in the other block, but it's not picking up when i'm pressing them. Any thoughts?

SharkyOB

Community Member
Reaction score
I have no issues with the downshift protection at all. It completely works with my style of driving (changing down as I would in a real car), IMO people have picked up bad habits downshifting too early in other sims.

Stitch

Community Member
Reaction score
I have no issues with the downshift protection at all. It completely works with my style of driving (changing down as I would in a real car), IMO people have picked up bad habits downshifting too early in other sims.

I agree with the down-shifting too early, as others have called it 'machine gunning', and preventing that I don't have an issue with - it's more to do with the gears being unresponsive. I've seen this brought up a few times, but sometimes pressing the gear does nothing, or skips gears. Say you're in 4th, you press, it'll either stay in 4th or go to 2nd, for instance. I find myself repeatedly tapping the shifter paddles to anticipate it not shifting gears now, which is just odd and unnecessary.

That's what I'm hoping gets fixed. :bored: Was doing races last night and every corner I had to go into 1st for, coming out of the corner, the car absolutely refused to shift up into 2nd unless I spammed the shifters, causing accelerating out of corners to be much, much slower than other drivers. It's frustrating :I

SharkyOB

Community Member
Reaction score
Yeah, that sounds a bit weird tbh mate. It's not a problem I've had at all though, including the entire time in WMD. Definitely not a hardware/driver issue?

Stitch

Community Member
Reaction score
Yeah, that sounds a bit weird tbh mate. It's not a problem I've had at all though, including the entire time in WMD. Definitely not a hardware/driver issue?

It's not, I can load up any other game, no issues, just with Project Cars 2. I've heard a few others having similar issues too. I mean, it's playable, I can still drive, It's just I'm having to use weird habits which feel wrong to do so.

I should probably add, I was using some rallycross cars this morning, the fast ones, and I didn't seem to have as much of an issue with them. So, perhaps it's car specific? Idk.

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
Funny iRacing guys saying the FFB feels numb in pc2 o_O no seriously as opposed to iRacing you don't need to download 50 additional programs to make it feel good, just fidle a bit ;)

I have to say sarcasm or not there's no need for this. I can come up with a witty reply as well and thrash PC2. People will have opinions and we must respect their own no matter what. We are better than that. :)

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Yes @Puffpirat, please do not hurt the feelings from our iRacing chaps! Last warning :p

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
This is your chicken overlord speaking. Topic. Stick to it.

Users who are viewing this thread