Project CARS 2 Chit Chat (3 Viewers)

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Quick question, does monitor resolution affect VR performance?

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
Yes. Best would be to set the monitor-mirror resolution as low as possible.

Stitch

Community Member
Reaction score

It does. If you think, when you're on VR, your GPU is rendering the two individual eyes + the visuals on your monitor. Since you won't be using the monitor version, it's best to set the resolution and all the graphics for that to absolute minimum, and only put them back up when you're not using VR. The VR and monitor versions of the games save their settings individually so it's best to give the VR version the optimal performance.

The only reason you might want to have better performance outside of the VR version is for streaming or for viewers who might be sat around you, watching.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
As I recall, the early versions of pCARS1 VR implementation had the resolution set to something like 720p.

The one downside to setting a low resolution, however, is if you are recording your races - the footage will end up looking worse. I keep meaning to set my to the old 720p value, as that worked very well on lower spec video cards in pCARS1 :)

Gxbbs

Community Member
Reaction score
As I recall, the early versions of pCARS1 VR implementation had the resolution set to something like 720p.

The one downside to setting a low resolution, however, is if you are recording your races - the footage will end up looking worse. I keep meaning to set my to the old 720p value, as that worked very well on lower spec video cards in pCARS1 :)
So if I set the resolution to 720 it won’t effect the rift?

B

Blue Monkey

Got my collectors edition today
Alone the artbook was worth it. It is so beautiful and gives you a good look into development.
There are so many beautiful screenshots in it - also thanks to @Cluck, who contributed some of them.
IMG_20170925_160623[1].jpg

SharkyOB

Community Member
Reaction score
Yes. Best would be to set the monitor-mirror resolution as low as possible.

I didn't think it made any difference, as the monitor is just showing the image from the left hand lens of the rift.

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
Well, finally got Project Cars 2 working after uninstalling and reinstalling again, it finally recognised the pedals. So disappointing to find that i'm feeling no FFB whatsoever, the odd notchy clunk through the wheel, undriveable. SimXperience need to get their act together and sort out support. PC1 was just fine. No PC2 racing for me until this happens. :arghh:

G

Gopher04

Is there away to make more than 1 wheel profile? I mean like for the CSW so I can have one for the Formula rim and one for the GT2 rim, you can make as many as you want in R3E which is a big advantage.

ramiboo

Community Member
Reaction score
I would say you map the FFB volume button's, so when you are using the Formula rim you just turn it down a bit to compensate for the smaller lighter rim.

G

Gopher04

Doesn't really work like that as the button mapping between the two rims are different, as in places the way I have them labeled, just seems odd that they didn't implement this into the game, especially since the other main sims do..

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Doesn't really work like that as the button mapping between the two rims are different, as in places the way I have them labeled, just seems odd that they didn't implement this into the game, especially since the other main sims do..

C:\Users\XXX\Documents\Project CARS 2\savegame\42318371\project cars 2\profiles\default.controllersettings.v1.03

Maybe this helps somehow

G

Gopher04

Yeh did look at that, which obviously is encrypted, guess you could make a new one with another rim, but then you have to change rims and file, just looking at the button mapping on the F1 to see where it would put my assigns in relation to the GT rim, so different, maybe you could use your powers of persuasion Manu and get them to give us the feature..;)

Pamellaaa

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
Yeh did look at that, which obviously is encrypted, guess you could make a new one with another rim, but then you have to change rims and file, just looking at the button mapping on the F1 to see where it would put my assigns in relation to the GT rim, so different, maybe you could use your powers of persuasion Manu and get them to give us the feature..;)
If swapping the file works it should be easy enough to write a quick script to swap that file from BMW to Formula and vice versa.

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Can somebody explain the safety licence on pCars2?
I just lost F licence with only 1 slow down warning, no contact or penalties.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
Can somebody explain the safety licence on pCars2?
I just lost F licence with only 1 slow down warning, no contact or penalties.
Things that have negative effect on your safety rating are:
- Contact with other cars
- Contact with walls or other track environment
- leaving the track
- cutting the track

... I feel like I forgot a thing on the list...

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Things that have negative effect on your safety rating are:
- Contact with other cars
- Contact with walls or other track environment
- leaving the track
- cutting the track

... I feel like I forgot a thing on the list...

Well, I read through them before, but I still don't get how I can drop a safety licence with only 2 slow down warnings (which I did) over an hour long race. Literally the only 2 warnings were slowdowns. I posted it on the WMD forums aswell considering it just puts me off driving online.

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
If you lose against lower ranked drivers you can still lose points.... thats probably why Dutch...

Diluvian

Community Member
Reaction score
I'm still irritated a bit too, stuck on D and had 3 races with almost no incidents (once leaving the track). On all 3 races I was first all the time (qualified first). Looks like you have to skip the Qualy and show some clean overtakings by starting at the rear end of the field or so. So we propably need to talk what to do and not what not to do on track :D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread