Project CARS 2 Chit Chat (2 Viewers)

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
What were you up to yesterday @Cluck? I saw your tweets, where did you come on the leaderboard?

I bet that he beat the stig:D:stig:

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I didn't :( . Even Ben was convinced I'd beat him.

I did when I got home and used my own setup. I set a time 1s faster than Yorkie's time. But last night? Nah, I didn't even get my name on the board (although I would have ended the night 6th or 7th I think)

My way of learning a car and track doesn't suit trying to set a quick time with that combo in the 4 laps I had available. I always overdrive a car and dial back from there. Fine from the comfort of my home, not when you've got 4 laps to do it in.

Here's a game for you though. It's called "spot the chicken"

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
What were you up to yesterday @Cluck? I saw your tweets, where did you come on the leaderboard?

I was invited by SMS to go to their press event last night, giving press, car industry folks and youtubers/streamers/etc the chance to get hands-on with the game. They had 4 motion rigs set up - 2 running rallycross (different track and car on each), 1 running the indycar at Long Beach (which is what that leaderboard is for) and 1 for something else (sorry, not sure if it's been announced officially yet). I didn't even see that there was another room with a bunch of machines set up for recording footage for press types.

Met a few more SMS guys - @Pete Morrish was there :D - and some other interesting people (Neill Briggs from BAC for instance, who has offered me a factory tour whenever I want to head up there \o/ ). Ben Collins and Nic Hamilton were also there and as nice as ever (although Nic's mood changed when @Yorkie_065 beat him in the time trial :D)

All in all, a fun evening and a privilege to get the invite :)

PatatorJohn

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Very interesting indeed.

Looking at all new features, I think that the next RSR International season should be on Pcars 2 and have a different track, car and different race styles (including rally cross, ice, circuit, etc.) at every race. That would be so much fun :D

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Can't post the pic in here (even though the car and track have been revealed, we're still not allowed to post anything that SMS haven't posted themselves) but I just posted my latest laptime in that combo on the WMD2 forum. 1m07.1s on a default setup, albeit with push-to-pass (1m07.6s is my fastest without, which is what we were doing last night - I never found the button to try and be sneaky :D)

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Rally.x looks amazing really cant wait to get my hands on this game now getting alittle excited about it lol..

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Who is keen for Project CARS 2??!!

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
Who is keen for Project CARS 2??!!

Does this mean that McLaren will handle like a real car, and other cars ingame won't (because there was no test driver as adviser)?

And, for you who drive now PC2, one question: Is physics and handling of cars better in PC2 than in PC1?

GioVtec

Head RSR Designs
Community Member
Reaction score
I think the plus side is that they can get a lot of data from the mclaren to other cars..

So it's a win-win :smug:

Well played guys, well played. :smuggrin:

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Does this mean that McLaren will handle like a real car, and other cars ingame won't (because there was no test driver as adviser)?

And, for you who drive now PC2, one question: Is physics and handling of cars better in PC2 than in PC1?

Mostly every company is providing test drivers to test the actual cars ingame. The stuff with McLaren was something special which helped a lot with the overall tire understanding as far as I understood the video correctly :)

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

To answer the first question, it was with help from McLaren and, more specifically, Pirelli that the tyre model improved and added a new level to the feel across the board so, no, it's not just the McLaren 720S that will be excellent as a result. That's all explained in the video, I'm not disclosing anything new there :).

To answer the second question. Yes. I drove the McLaren something-or-other (not sure if it's officially been announced it's in pCARS2) at the (as yet unannounced, I think) circuit last night and had a massive, dirty big smile on my face :D. 3rd and 4th-gear, controlled, powerslides through sweeping corners, were very much the order of the day :D. That it also sounded a massive step-up from the pCARS1 version was the icing on the cake. This is the thing I'm finding, namely, a lot of cars are a pleasure to take out onto the track and just drive. Not racing, not even time-trialling, just enjoying the experience of driving them.

Are all cars this fantastic? I have no idea, I haven't driven more than a handful but, if they polish all the cars to the level of the ones I've tried in the last few days, then it's fair to say we're in for a massive treat on release, certainly as far as driving goes.

As much as I love pCARS1, as much as I enjoy the exhilaration of nailing a near-perfect lap, I've never had as big a smile on my face as I've had with 2 cars recently in pCARS2, just driving them around a couple of the new circuits. Both are cars that were in pCARS1.

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
Kind of the same experience I've had. I've never been into drifting in pcars 1, and always preferred to keep the car at the lowest slip angle possible. In pcars 2 my lap times usually go to hell because after a few corners I throw the cars around, going sideways just because it's fun. It just feels natural.
On the other hand, to be fast in pcars 2 you will need more discipline and really focus on being fast because otherwise you'll end up going sideways for funsies again.

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
Thanks for explanation. Now I really can't wait for PC2 to be available for purchase :)

GioVtec

Head RSR Designs
Community Member
Reaction score
Hope were not getting birds on tracks, really dont want to do a pit stop cuz of a bird :D

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't mind some birds on the grid holding grid numbers :D just to increase the immersion you understand.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Get your orders in :D

http://www.projectcarsgame.com/preorder.html

It looks like the Ultra edition is 430€. Now, before anybody faints, you have to consider that there's a model in there that's almost certainly worth 200€ or more by itself. There are also only 1000 of them, worldwide, across all platforms. I want one, absolutely, I'm just not paying 430€ for one.

Gxbbs

Community Member
Reaction score
Get your orders in :D

http://www.projectcarsgame.com/preorder.html

It looks like the Ultra edition is 430€. Now, before anybody faints, you have to consider that there's a model in there that's almost certainly worth 200€ or more by itself. There are also only 1000 of them, worldwide, across all platforms. I want one, absolutely, I'm just not paying 430€ for one.

Where did you get the price from? I couldn't find one.

Users who are viewing this thread