Project CARS 2 Driver Etiquette (1 Viewer)

UberMongo

Community Member
Reaction score
Evening all.

Would just like to clarify what seems to be generally accepted as fair play. Earlier this evening I was on a GTS dedicated server and I defended my 3rd place finish on the final straight of SUGO by blocking 4th place that had entered the final bend and was carrying slightly more speed on its way out. The speed difference was hardly anything but last time I remembered a race is a race!
No contact was involved and it was litterally the home straight. Now if this was in the earlier laps then yes I would of given way. Ultimately I was kicked for it, which personally I thought was harsh

Whats your thoughts?

SBart_uk

Community Member
Reaction score
It would depend how you blocked...if you moved over(changed line) to block once then that'd be fine. Anymore movement than that wouldn't be fair

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Blocking is something quite subjective.
If you are really switching sides (several times) in braking zone or when he's making a charge then yes, that's kind of blocking.
Parking it on the apex aswell

The Wayfaerer

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
as far as i know there are two approaches in terms of if it is considered blocking:
1. in Europe it's standard that you are allowed to do 1 defensive move, any more moves as @SBart_uk already said could be considered as blocking
2. over the pond in the states they are a little bit more liberal in terms of blocking, as far as i know you are allowed to change your line more than once as long as it is done in action and not in reaction to block an overtaking attempt

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
We don't like seeing more than 1 move in defence, our driving standards say:

1.3 Defending
  • If another car is alongside you going into a corner, you must adjust your line to avoid contact. For the avoidance of doubt, if any part of the car attempting to pass is alongside the rear wheel of the car in front, this will be deemed to be "alongside". The following types of manoeuvres are prohibited:
    • More than one change of direction to defend a position
    • Forcing a driver to exceed the track limits
    • Any other abnormal change of direction

You can read the rest here. Most other communities go along similar lines, maybe more specific or more vaguely worded, but as the others say it usually revolves around only making 1 defensive move.

UberMongo

Community Member
Reaction score
Ok thanks for the clarification. I did defend from side to side and completely stopped him from overtaking and make him brake. It was however my first defence of my position so a tricky one to judge.

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
There are many different ways of defending from a faster car that dont involve excessive blocking or weaving. This is something you will figure out the more you race :)

fab. ICEMAN

Staff iRacing
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Opinions differ a lot about this topic, but some time ago I heard someone saying "it is blocking when the attacker can't avoid contact". (Besides the one-move rule ofc)

I find this statement pretty accurate and easy to follow. But in the end it's up to the stewards :)

Users who are viewing this thread