Automobilista 2 Early Access Launch Party (1 Viewer)

Early Access Launch Party
Posted by Tom
Automobilista 2
Thursday, April 2, 2020 - 18:30
Until: Thursday, April 2, 2020 - 23:00
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score
I got the mail from steam that it's realesed on 1. April 2020 at 0:12 UTC :D :D :D TROLOLOLOL Realease March missed slightly TROLOLOL.

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
i got it at 01:19 aha

SBart_uk

Community Member
Reaction score
I won't jump the train yet. If you guys come up with a review like "It's pCARS2.5", then I just won't buy it...

More like Project Cars 2.1 from the bit of testing I've done. :(
Wet weather still completely broken, 60's f1 aquaplanes at 30mph. Puddles exactly the same as pc2.
General driving & ffb does feel a bit better though I think.

Edit: Just discovered something that transformed the game from an understeering mess to something much better. 50% steering sensitivity is nowhere near linear. 100% seems to be linear in this and made a huuuuuge difference. Also sliders don't seem to work and you have to click the arrow to get it to keep your setting.

Last edited:

Ben Watkinson

RSR Academy
Reaction score
is their season pass really 79.99?? haha dont reiza realise how season passes work, cheaper price on content gets people to buy

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Prehaps a feed back thread might be in order lol..

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Edit: Just discovered something that transformed the game from an understeering mess to something much better. 50% steering sensitivity is nowhere near linear. 100% seems to be linear in this and made a huuuuuge difference. Also sliders don't seem to work and you have to click the arrow to get it to keep your setting.

I noticed my wheel rotation wasn't matching the one in game no matter if set and calibrated 1080 or 900, i've set my dd1 to auto and seem to work fine

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I have a feeling I need to spend a number of hours to get the config set for me & my trusty controller...
Graphically, I feel the whole thing is weaker than pCars2, surprisingly.
The lack of information for what each setting changes, which direction slider changes what is extremely poor.
think @SBart_uk noticed that the steering config settings have no "typical" correlation to what the majority would expect...
be interested to see how it progresses from where it currently is :pompous:

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I have a feeling I need to spend a number of hours to get the config set for me & my trusty controller...
Graphically, I feel the whole thing is weaker than pCars2, surprisingly.
The lack of information for what each setting changes, which direction slider changes what is extremely poor.
think @SBart_uk noticed that the steering config settings have no "typical" correlation to what the majority would expect...
be interested to see how it progresses from where it currently is :pompous:
mate your current pc2 settings will work the exact same..

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
they really dont :rolleyes:
braking feels like I'm hitting the pedal with a freight train.
acceleration was initially non responsive...
steering is still like trying to maneuver a 300m long ship, long & slow. :confused:

Eugene Gajkin

RSR Academy
Reaction score
tried out 3 fv10, supercar v8 and Opala OldStock cars. I liked them

SBart_uk

Community Member
Reaction score
I used to really like Curitiba on Race 07/GTR Evo. Also the V10 F1 at Monaco sounds pretty amazing going through the tunnel. The sense of speed is intense round there as well! I wouldn't feel right if i didn't suggest something Historic ;), 60's Style F1 (no wings) at the Osterreichring (no silly chicane).

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score
The list is somehow from worst to best what I have seen.

I tried a few cars, the 2 smallest open wheelers, Formula Trainer and Formula Vee, their are both unfinished (wip) imo, so avoid them for now.
The "SprintRace" Car is bouncing around quite badly, needs a damper and spring overhaul.
Ultima GTR is sensitive on the throttle and needs at least some small setup tweaks. The road version is just hard to get around the lap, in a not really fun way.
I tired the P1-P4. With varying results, some default setups are nice, some are meh. P4 was quite nice. I think P3 was a complete mess as a "class". P2 is just one ugly car and not a LMP2 either. P1 class is quite nice with 3 cars? 2 somewhat comparable.
The F1 V12 was pretty riveting, (you need to increase rear DF!) but already a really quick thing and maybe not the right car to start for everyone.
I found the Caterham Seven 620R to be fun to drive and also the Caterham Superlight are really good to race with less power and more grip they are fairly easy to control but engaging to race.

A problem are the tracks. Jerez is nice and Velo Citta was funny in a track day kind of way but apart from that you have the most complete collection of Brazilian kart tracks. And some tracks don't even have a track map.

SBart_uk

Community Member
Reaction score
I tried a few cars, the 2 smallest open wheelers, Formula Trainer and Formula Vee, their are both unfinished (wip) imo, so avoid them for now.
The Formula Trainer is actually pretty good, much closer to reality than the PC2 version.

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Formula v10 is nice

Ricardo

Staff Assetto Corsa
#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
trucks @monaco

Havocc

RSR Academy