Endurance Championship - R5: Le Mans - 17th June 2018 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Abe has informed us he will not be participating today a moment ago. There should be a place now.

In this case yes. But I had to fill the empty gaps on Friday in order to give all the drivers a headsup. I would suggest next time an earlier sign up than 90 minutes before the driver Briefing starts ;)

GosuNoob

Community Member
Reaction score
In this case yes. But I had to fill the empty gaps on Friday in order to give all the drivers a headsup. I would suggest next time an earlier sign up than 45 minutes before the driver Briefing starts ;)
All good. He signed up yesterday so it's our mistake for not letting you know sooner so you can make adjustments.
No trouble.

Antony Brown

Community Member
Reaction score
i'm in for the race. but looks as though i have been taken off the list

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Fatih Kursat

Community Member
Reaction score
I can't race tonight. I fell sick. I fell like throwing up. Sorry everyone. it is my favorite combination

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
I maybe late for the driver briefing as I have to bring my son to bed now. But I will definitely join Lobby 2 if there is one (fingers crossed :p)

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
had a unplanned family lunch, tried my best to get home but still 40 minutes late
well, :(

Thomas Sikora

Community Member
Reaction score
Thanks @Darksi for the side event, was really funny...ok...8 people not much fights...but it was lemans….you drive agains the time...nice training for next time.
Maybe we get for Lemans and Nordschleife a 64 grid size ? ;)
make a little bit trubble @ sms for this :D

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Yep, sweaty face as expected! Great race guys. Too many silly mistakes took me out of contention, with even 1 less spin I could have finished P4 (watch the last lap!). Oh well, still a lot of fun and I learned some things ready for the big one in a few weeks ;) Thanks again to Meaty Treat teammate @SillySausage for the setup!

22:10 - Qualifying Lap. Not perfect with no tow, I abandoned my quicker laps due to track limits.
51:18 - Race Start, up to 6th.
52:00 - Spin #1. Cold tyres & curb caught me out. Down to 12th.
53:06 - Double overtake. Up to 10th.
55:40 - Overtake for 9th.
1:00:50 - Overtake for 8th.
1:05:00 - Overtake for 6th.
1:10:05 - Overtake for 5th.
1:17:50 - Spin #2, down to 7th.
1:56:10 - Pit stop #1. Fuel only.
1:58:10 - Just about avoiding a spinning car, lucky to get no damage. Down to 8th, back to 7th soon after.
2:13:20 - Spin #3, down to 7th. Hit the curb too hard and lost it.
2:56:40 - Spin #4.
3:00:35 - Spin #5. A bit embarrassing this one...
3:02:35 - Pit stop #2. Short fuel to the end.
3:06:20 - Spin #6.
3:15:30 - Final lap. Car ahead is drastically fuel saving, there's a chance I could get P4...
3:19:30 - Final corners, not close enough. With 1 less spin I might have had him!

Last edited:

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Beer time :D

Great race everyone, super stoked :) beetesjuices kept me honest, great racing!

Col_McCoy

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@fab. ICEMAN you got any footage of our crash?

Everybody having same problem with the replay?
Both me and Nighttiger can't open/view it

Mearcat

Community Member
Reaction score
I had a great race, completely car>car impact free (WAHHOOOO)......

Until the game screwed me over.:mad:
With 30-40 mins to go had a slippy moment and only tapped to wall, 14 FR suspension damage and 19 wing. Set to go into the pits and then it cancelled :wideyed: saying the pitbox is busy, and it never reset. So I could not pit to either repair or refuel.

So never got to finish. :grumpy:

fab. ICEMAN

Staff iRacing
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

CatchAGlimpse

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Average race from myself finishing 8th in LMP2 - had 3 half spins that cost me 10seconds a piece and two minor taps while lapping GT3s that left me with damage both times - without those definitely could have come higher.

Looking forward to the proper Le Mans on the 1st.

Thanks to all the staff and other racers. Congrats to @Puffpirat for another fine drive and unlucky @fab. ICEMAN for his early race crash, I was right behind it so very unlucky!!

Col_McCoy

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Thanks @fab. ICEMAN

So our cars are relatively somewhere else on the track on both ours videos.

I sticked to the white line, so didn't move my car relatively to the right side of the track... but we probably both should have kept more space there. For me it just felt you crossed left to pick up a slipstream whilst ur car was still very small part beside me. Ayway, guess racing incident.

Crappy when 3 people go wide in tetre rouge and try to pick up each others slipstream ;-)

GoDATP

Community Member
Reaction score
Sorry for that weird dive I put on you, McCoy, I felt bad lol you had me by a mile. The P2 midfield was like 20 sec apart from each car but it felt so intense. Gosu and I were battling strategy the whole time but never looked at each other.

Sorry Philip for rear ending you, happened to be my only incident, I was pressing my push to talk to thank you and didn't turn in enough.

Amazing race for my first time out with you guys, started 12th and finished 6th. Thanks for the great race, good win Puff.

Zemke

Community Member
Reaction score
Thanks for hosting the second lobby, @Darksi! It was a fun 30-minute race. Sorry to @Mark for the bump in the bum on the first lap. Glad you went on to win in dominating fashion! The best back-and-forth I had was probably with @Shepard. Sorry I spun in front of you, blocked the racing line, and caused front-end damage for you. It was very gracious of you to let me by afterwards.

Thanks guys! Fun stuff. Sure makes me wish I was able to attend the next couple weekends.

Anto

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Great race, thanks everyone. Another steep learning curve though - must remember to hold line and not try and get out of the way of the faster cars but, kept consistent, lap times were OK (for me), clawed myself up 2 places to top 10 finish, scuppered myself with a 1 pit stop strategy and ran out of fuel on the last lap while the end of race timer was counting down = DNF. :mad:

Oh, replay also refuses to work as has been mentioned above..

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I feel a bit bad now doing the extra lap, seeing how many cars ran out of fuel :oops: on the other hand it would have been close with BeetesJuice if I would have waited.

I calculated a 42 lap race (including formation lap) and was surprised to get so close to only making 41. Guess the pitstops took more time than expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread