- May 13, 2017
- Reaction score
Good result tho pal.. Our turn tomorow lol.. Or later what ever way you wanna look at it lol.I've never driven an endurance race like that one. I was on the limit every single lap trying to make up places and came so close to 5th. Gutted I made a silly mistake which cost us that place.
Overall a fun experience with @CatchAGlimpse. Having a new team mate so often can be challenging but Catch was really easy to work with
good job guys. Sorry I had to bail, but it was for the best.@Stokemon has summed it up pretty well.. I've never done an endurance race where every lap felt like it was on the edge.
Mixed feelings from my own performance
- First endurance race on iRacing on my own account
- Since Suzuka I'm now B3.99 and 2229 iRating, what considering 2 weeks ago at Daytona I was a Rookie license, I feel this has been an achievement in itself. I set myself the aim of being ready and I was
- Fast consistent driving for 95% of the time, especially my first 29/30 laps on my first stint
- First race at Suzuka other than in an F1 game (totally different in a GTE car on iRacing)
- Defending from the faster cars behind (mainly during the early part of the first stint when running in 3rd)
- 3 or 4 silly spins/mistakes in my first stint probably losing us about 1 minute in total time
- Suzuka doesn't really suit my driving style, I think I'll have a higher chance of less incidents at Bathurst?!
I'm always pretty critical on my own performance and I feel I've taken a lot away from this event to build on moving forward.
Big thanks to @Stokemon for inviting me to replace @UnstopaPaul due to illness - massively enjoyed the race and I think we actually did quite well to finish 6th, shows the big drives we had in the last 4 hours. Great team mate and would drive with him again in a heartbeat. Also, as usual, big thanks to RSR staff for the preparation and organisation.
Bring on Bathurst!
Unlucky Team Yellow! Congratuations @t0daY and @Raigore for their 2nd place in the LMP1 on top split (checked results in the pub) - great result for the community. Especially Manu who came into Teamspeak at 5pm GMT on raceday with "no practice" - what a hero!not the best race for Team Yellow unfortunately, got of to a great start battling in the lead group as we got killed in L6 by a LMP1 car
during repairs i forgot to switch of the engine which made the engine pop with 5 mins of repair left and added another 45 mins of repairs
at this point we decided to withdraw the car