Project CARS 2 Ginetta Challenge R4: Spa-Francorchamps - 21st June 2018 (1 Viewer)

Sonic

Community Member
Reaction score
Name: Sonic
Do you understand and accept our Driving Standards? Yes
Do you intend to attend and complete the race?Yes

Eugene Flerko

Community Member
Reaction score
^^
Wow, this was really fast series of jump-ins :)

kaleeb42

Community Member
Reaction score
In future, can you please make sure you use the correct signup format, as per your post as it is now (I edited it ;)). It makes it a lot easier to make sure we don't miss anybody when reading through the thread :)

I apologize. I was too excited to be back racing that I completely forgot how to post appropriately.

Also, thanks for editing my post. I'm an idiot sometimes.

Last edited:

Jomba

Community Member
Reaction score
I'm backing out. The previous application was a little hot-headed, but since then i have decided i am too tired. :)

Sorry for the hassle.

Stokemon

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Name: Stokemon
Do you understand and accept our Driving Standards? Yes
Do you intend to attend and complete the race? Yes

Eugene Flerko

Community Member
Reaction score
My car was completely destroyed in the very start of lap1 race2, it wasn't even possible to go whole lap to the pits so I was forced to retire :(

P.S.: Congrats to @Battenberg, @t0daY and @Alex Salmon with great podium!

Last edited:

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Oof, what a nice way to end a tense evening :D On top of the usual mayhem avoidance, my wheel began to malfunction in race 2 by randomly and rapidly triggering buttons. So my wipers were randomly going off, camera changing and resetting, brake bias trying to change, headlights flashing, even gear shifting without warning (I got stuck in 2nd when crossing the finish line :O). Very pleased it held up to the end though :)

12:45 - Qualifying hot lap
15:35 - Race 1 Start 1
29:50 - Race 1 Start 2
34:50 - Bus Stop incident
1:07:22 - Race 2 Start 1
1:12:35 - Race 2 Start 2
1:18:50 - Pass for the lead
1:37:10 - Finish!

Last edited:

Jesper Ramsberg

Community Member
Reaction score
I have been this community since Yorkie recommended it(not that I contributed much) and I joined becuase of 2 fantastic things: Driving test to drive and Varied cars. This is a fantastic and positive community but the crashes in every race kills motivation. 30 starting, 15-22 finishing. I want races where close to all finish, thats whats fun and exiting. We dont need crazy or risky overtakes, let it go. Crashes happening so often at the moment I will only do cars I really like in sunny weather.

Last edited:

Eugene Flerko

Community Member
Reaction score
I think I'll skip the races for a month or two. Maybe I'll just attend some induction races. That has nothing to do with today's race, I just have much less free time before my vacation.

Mearcat

Community Member
Reaction score
Minus the big crashes, one of the weirdest set of races ever.

Wasn't meant to be in this one but as there was (at the time) only 20 or so drivers signed up I thought I should join to bolster the grid. A sudden surge of applicants at the last minute meant a full 32 grid at event start :wideyed:.

Testing earlier I noticed people near my skill level pulling 2:44's..... I managed 2:49's pushing it with low qualy fuel..... :wtf: "WTF is going on here?" couldn't figure out what they were doing so went into the qualifying intending to line trace someone see where I was going wrong.

Qualifying finished, 2:48. People were streaming past me on the faster sections and I couldn't think why? My wheel was fine pedals and shifter all working ok (or so it seemed;)) so started to think the unthinkable.

Race 1 starting 29 :eek: running down the grid straight towards the dreaded 1st corner :bag:, saw some bits fly above the cars and then :banghead:, yep crash incident 1st turn. Lucky for me this time I wasn't collected and managed to snake through the wrecks (I feel for the ones involved as I have been there) up to P19. Race start 2, tried to hold that position but everyone was just able to breeze past me on the straights with little effort :bigtears: finally ending in 24th :grumpy:.

With the break between races I quickly checked everything, wheel, shifter, pedals, all working so recalibrated. Wheel done, shifter done, pedals... :shifty:

....not calibrated properly. I had done qualy and race 1 with 15% brake applied :meh:, so not the unthinkable.

All stuff working properly AND CALIBRATED CORRECTLY :rolleyes:, Race 2, starting 3rd I got a good start and no incidents in T1 for P1-3 and got a good run out of T1 and with no brake drag I was 1st by Eau Rouge :jawdrop: but had to slow due to the second crash. Start 2, I got another good run out of T1 and by the time I was at Les Combes, 1.8 seconds ahead :wtf:. But I knew it was only a matter of time before I was caught. @Battenberg passed at Les Combes, I stayed with him best I could until I clipped the outside kerb before Double Gauche sticking the car sideways. Recovered quickly but now had the 3rd-7th pack on my A**. Had a little bump with @t0daY :nailbiting: round T1 :nailbiting::nailbiting: but both cars were good :cigar:. Staying with this pack for the next few turns until a mistake almost wrecked it.

Approaching Les Fagnes I brake a little too hard and combined with @Born2BSlow 's draft as he closed towards the apex it became a lock on the fronts :sour:, sliding into his rear right inevitably spinning him off (sorry :sorry:). Hopefully it didn't damage anything on his but mine had 2 front damage which curbed my top speed so lost the chance to keep up with the top 6 :( but had a great battle with @Mark for P9.

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
....not calibrated properly. I had done qualy and race 1 with 15% brake applied :meh:, so not the unthinkable.

Guess I had the same issue... 2:44 during online testing, 2:49 last night ... will check my calibration a.s.a.p. ... closing in on the cars in front of me at Eau Rouge and in other corners ... and have them pull away from me on the straights ... very frustrating.

Luckily I wasn't involved in any crash during the starts... maybe it was because I focused on not losing a position during the start and not to crash into anyone. Also inspired by Michael Krumm's book 'Driving on the Edge', quote ->
Rolling Start Rule.png

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score
Gotta love the game glitches, after my huge flip and roll the only damage showing on the HUD was 1% engine...despite the fact half the body panels had gone. I suppose if they're not there then they're not damaged lol.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Gold! :D That's how we (Staff) dealing with it at a friday night :D

Was made by our chicken moderator @Cluck

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
Watching the start of the French Grand Prix, the suspicion rises that we had some very experienced undercover f1 drivers among us ;-)

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

kobusnell

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Gotta love the game glitches, after my huge flip and roll the only damage showing on the HUD was 1% engine...despite the fact half the body panels had gone. I suppose if they're not there then they're not damaged lol.

Ah man, this explains how the bonnet-less man came flying past me! That was the weirdest thing ever.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I thought it was just pCARS that had the 'sticky bug', turns out real life is bugged to hell too (/sarcasm)

I suppose we can also be thankful that our computers don't burst into flames when we have a crash.

Taorminator

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I thought it was just pCARS that had the 'sticky bug', turns out real life is bugged to hell too (/sarcasm)

I suppose we can also be thankful that our computers don't burst into flames when we have a crash.
Next gen VR

Users who are viewing this thread