Assetto Corsa Graphics settings for VR (1 Viewer)

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

So they did reveal the S today.
What are your thoughts?
Tbh I expected more of a technology jump. Resolution upgrade is very minor, LCD displays instead of OLEDs, no ASW2.0 etc.
Only thing which is an advantage could be the Inside Out Tracking as it lowers your USB occupatation and thus is in favor for our FFB wheels. At least it didn't get more expensive.
At the end this feels like building almost the same product for less production costs and same earnings...

But let's wait for the first tests :)

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score

So they did reveal the S today.
What are your thoughts?
Tbh I expected more of a technology jump. Resolution upgrade is very minor, LCD displays instead of OLEDs, no ASW2.0 etc.
Only thing which is an advantage could be the Inside Out Tracking as it lowers your USB occupatation and thus is in favor for our FFB wheels. At least it didn't get more expensive.
At the end this feels like building almost the same product for less production costs and same earnings...

But let's wait for the first tests :)
if the only thing oculus did was reduce the barrier to entry then than would still be great longer term. Current problem with a lack up uptake is that even games that see themselves as car "sims" (I'm looking at you codemasters) don't see that they'll get a return on investment for VR support. Cheaper VR headsets improves the uptake (I hope).

If you are a "hobbiest" like many of us, I think looking at the Pimax is the high fidelity route. Though I'll wait for a bundle that actually comes with sensors.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Lol does this mean then the current rift will be no longer suported by oculus in a years time lol.

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Any idea on how to fix horrible cylinder shaped ui while in vr? It's a pain to manage car settings with that...

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Update for @xImJakeyy

1587150450857.png

Jakeyy

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Thanks @Battenberg, put your settings in and able to hold constant 80 on classic Monza now.

Probably won't once we have more cars on the session but I can deal with that.

Users who are viewing this thread