How did you find your way to RSR.. (1 Viewer)

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Well as it says guys how did you come across RSR
How did you find em..

Myself....i was looking for somewere that actualy raced on pcars and i found rsr at the top of my google search clicked on it and here i am now... Still as bad as i was then only i know more lol still dont help me be quicker...but id like to think thoes who know me know i dont care about racing fast or hard im here for the fun and laughter. After all its only a game...

So what about you what is your story of how you found rsr..????

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
My story is rather short, I founded RSR with the other admins :p

ramiboo

Community Member
Reaction score
My journey into Sim racing was really just a mid life crisis. After partying my way through my twenties I fortunately arrived at my thirties with a wife and 1 child. I was well and truly into my mid life and as such time was becoming available as going out was less of an option (Other Parents may concur). I'd worked my way through most of the good TV I could find and was starting to feel a bit bored with what was on offer. I caught wind of Gran Tourismo 5 coming out for the PS3 and thought it was about time to get into a bit of gaming. I knew a few guys a work playing and thought I'd join the fun.

At the time we only had one TV in the house so my wife was very good and allowed me to have the TV on Tuesday's to play games with my friends :D. This developed over a few weeks before my work friends started to think about buying wheels to drive with instead of the controllers. Not wanting to be outdone, and craving for manual gears I bit the bullet and bought a T500 and a Playseat, was pretty expensive so I had to market it as my Wife Christmas present, luckily she didn't want it so I thought I'd use it instead. A bit ungrateful I thought! :eek:

I continued with my Tuesday night fun for a few years and into Gran Tourismo 6 with the same crew before starting to think I'd outgrown the little 6 - 10 people league we had. It was a friendly bunch but not that competitive anymore. We had some work done on our house at the end of 2014 which gave us more space and another TV allowing me to move my Rig into a more permanent place, it was then that I started looking into other games that I could use my expensive toy with. I thought I was ready to give PC Sim Racing a go (after consuming a lot of the Empty Box, @Yorkie_065 and @TonyR content). In Jan 2015 I was bored of waiting for this new amazing game to come out and bought my first Gaming PC. Took me a month to research the options and come up with a decent bang for buck system (Still the same one I have now details in Sig). It was at this point that my wife started to become suspicious that my childish racing games had become a little more serious.

iRacing was, on the face of it, very structured, and looked focused on clean, quick driving. My Initial iRacing subscription was good fun, I think it was 3 months and I was pretty disciplined at not buying any content as I didn't want to let this explode into a money monster. I was a Mazda MX5 racer, there were ups and downs, but I got pretty quick and consistent. I was probably more focused on speed rather than Safety rating but I think after 3 months I'd gotten to 2000 iRating and a C License. During this time I'd also been keeping an eye on Project Cars and in May, after some very off putting delays, it was realised. I ordered it on both PS4 (which I had to buy purposely) and PC (as is was only another £20 on pre-order) and started my Project Cars adventure.

I initially went back to the PS4 for my racing, I didn't have a steam account then as iRacing didn't need one. PC league racing still seemed a bit scary and serious and I had my racing buddies over on the PS4. I thought it would liven things up a bit and get a few more people out racing again. It did for a few weeks, the game looked amazing but the bugs were shocking. We lost people in the first few months very quickly and our little league was dying before it had really begun. I still loved many aspects of the game and found a new PS4 league to race with. Was a good bunch of guys, still speak to some of them, and I had some really good racing with them, but again after a few months the numbers started falling off, and the competition was not always there.

It was then, in October 2015, I turned to the PC. I'd been on the PCars official forums a lot by then and has seen regular names on the forum and the multiplayer leagues thread seemed pretty dominated by the TGC. I'd remembered it from @Yorkie_065 's content and thought if anyone is going to have good numbers then they will. I thought I'd be a little outclassed as it all seemed a bit serious (rolling starts and admins and stewards enquiries) but I applied to be a member anyway. Ziggy took a while to respond but when he did he was keen to get me into the next induction, this is where I first got introduced the some of the crew here. A few weeks after me joining and running my first few events with TGC it all collapsed. :( I was really starting to think PCars was dead, here was one of the big leagues dropping out.

Out of the ashes came RSR, I let things get started in November and joined in December 2015. I've not looked back. Amazing group of people with a great ethos for Sim racing, a year on still going strong. :p

Sorry the above is a bit OTT, but you did ask!

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
Blimey Ramiboo, he didn't expect an essay, when they said at least 2000 words in English Literature I bet you wrote 5000. :D

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I found RSR under a bush at the end of my road. True story :)

(I raced with TGC, the virtual ashes of which RSR was formed)

Hobbnob

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
Ziggy approached me a few months before release with this plan of making this group called tgc a big deal and getting me to set up a training program and get some bods on board to become admins. Kman and Pam were the first, then t0day came in later after I'd finished laughing at him for accidentally ruining a GT practice session by guessing the password and hopping in with a formula A car :p

Alex du Plessis

Community Member
Reaction score
I found RSR under a bush at the end of my road. True story :)

(I raced with TGC, the virtual ashes of which RSR was formed)
I think I will take a pinch of salt with my chicken, maybe even spice it up.......

Photonenbert

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
, then t0day came in later after I'd finished laughing at him for accidentally ruining a GT practice session by guessing the password and hopping in with a formula A car :p

no one ever seems to.remember but he took me with him like "yeah its fine just join too" and i drove around in the lykan hyperspeed :D lucky.me.i guess

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
I knew about TGC when pCars came out and even before then during development but never joined. After the game came out I mainly stayed pub racing and pretty much destroying the competition. That obviously got old quick and I decided it was time to move to a league to race against better people who were just as passionate as I was about racing. Still remember my first induction race where as I was racing my buddy decided he wanted to watch my game play. So my steam broadcast started and my whole screen went black lol. Practically destroyed the car. Lesson learned on that and I disabled my steam broadcast forever haha.

Competition was pretty steep. Yorkie was my first rival. We had a lot of fun battling each other. Later came most of the @Admins, @miagi, and of course @Puffpirat who is my main rival now lol. It's always good to have rivals as it pushes your race craft to new levels and that's what I had during those TGC days and still do with RSR. The best part though is that through those rivals I've made very good friendships. That to me is what makes this community so great.

Sadly though TGC fell and as everyone has said out of the ashes came RSR. Maybe one day @t0daY will tell the story of how everything came to be. I still have fond memories of our Ginnetta Series. Battling with everyone till the last lap. Still brings a smile to my face when I think about it.

G

Gopher04

Yep I was part of TGC close to the start, good days and alot of fun:D , then a big nasty German man :nailbiting::pompous: came along with his followers :blackalien::punch::vamp::rage::wacky:, and beat the crap out off Ziggy :dead:, and gave the rest of us a bag of sweeties :couchpotato: to come over to RSR...true story as well..:muted:

Users who are viewing this thread