Looking for Advice - New Sim Racing Rig! (1 Viewer)

SillySausage

Community Member
Reaction score
Does the rig your looking at not have a list of compatible wheels etc..???
It does but it doesn't seem to have a stand to mount my shifter. I remember seeing a while ago that one of the Fanatec wheels wasn't compatible with it but it says now all are.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
It does but it doesn't seem to have a stand to mount my shifter. I remember seeing a while ago that one of the Fanatec wheels wasn't compatible with it but it says now all are.
tbh i think the playseat looks a tad arcade style for me hence why i went with the gt omega<---- that one i know for a fact fits pretty much any wheel and the shifter mount comes in 2 diffrent options. Also its alot more sturdy than the playseat... Imo id got for the gt omega i cant fault mine and theres allways the option to buy extras for it..

ramiboo

Community Member
Reaction score
Ok! I'm revisiting this topic of mine as the time has come, my new setup is the next thing on my list of things to buy. I should be looking to buy in the next 3-4 weeks. I've already got most of my components selected, I just need some advice on a few small things.

1. What's the story with the ClubSport Pedals V3 Damper Kit and ClubSport Pedals V3 Brake Performance Kit? Are they worthwhile, what's their impact like, etc.

2. How does one go about mounting the Fanatec gear? Is the ClubSport Table Clamp V2 and ClubSport Shifter Table Clamp essential or just an upgrade to one that's already included?

3. What are my best options for a seat/stand? I was looking at the Playseat. Is this compatible with my components? Is there a better option?

4. Am I missing anything?

Would love any and all feedback. I'm in no rush, just need it in time for PCars 2. :)

Hey Sausage!

So used to use a Playseat Evo and the Fanatec V2 base fitted fine. There is a little flex in the wheel deck post but it's not that noticeable when you are driving. I had to mod the pedal deck to make it wider for the v3 pedals though. It is an old Playseat and I know they have updated the pedal plate on the newer ones, so that may not be an issue for you. My opinion of the Playseat is that it's ok to start you off but it's got a bit too much flex in it. With the load cell brake I found that the pedal deck would flex and I never really could get a great feel for the brake so it could do with a brace to stop that flex. From the photo's of the new pedal deck I can see it having the same issues.

Fanatec V3 Damper Kit, personally this is a waste of money. It gave me no better feel for the brakes, It's back in the box.

Fanatec V3 Brake Performance Kit, this is a must. With this you can tune the amount of travel you have on the brake pedal. The feel is much more direct than the standard hard foam in the pedal tensioner.

Mounting, if you are using a playseat or equivalent then you don't need any desk mounts. You'll need the Playseat shifter mount, not the G25 one, but the GearShiftHolder PRO, that's what I used with the Fanatec SQ1.5.

If you want to look at an 80/20 rig I can take you through that too. If you have some space restraints I can model it for you to see if something can fit. Then you could price it up to see what the costs are like in Australia.

SillySausage

Community Member
Reaction score
Ok, the Oculus is in the mail, I've finalised my Fanatec gear setup thanks to some help from @ramiboo and now I just need to decide on a cockpit. Having looked more at the Playseat that centre bar between your legs just looks like the worst so I'm now tending towards the GT Omega Pro w/ RS9 Seat or perhaps a Next Level Racing GTultimate V2. Basically it comes down to the price I can get the GT Omega including postage to Aus verse the more expensive one from Pagnian Imports who are in Australia already.

I know @Jonno has got a different version of the Omega and loves that, has anyone had any experience with the GT Omega Pro w/ RS9 Seat or the Next Level Racing GTultimate V2? Just after some final thoughts before I buy.

steveg200

RSR Academy
Reaction score
If you buy the GT Omega pro ,get the extra support bars to stop it flexing to much.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
My decision was made after i watched/read many many reviews of both the pro looked very smart but on the videos the tube design seemed flimsy. Were as the one myself and steve have is square tubing and its got alot more strength to it imo the pro was to expensive for what i was after
The pro is £309 standard you would need the fanatec shifter brackets thats an extra 18.99 plus the brackets to stiffen it at an extra 19.99 grand total £348
The art with fanatec shifter brackets included £318.
Thats in british pound
Tbh it was the price that swayed me more...

SillySausage

Community Member
Reaction score
From what I'm seeing in the pictures the support bars just come with the rig. You can buy them on their own as well but I don't see how they're any different to the ones pictured already installed.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
From what I'm seeing in the pictures the support bars just come with the rig. You can buy them on their own as well but I don't see how they're any different to the ones pictured already installed.
It depend of what one your looking at the cheeper pro wont come with the bars but the more expencive one will however non of them come with the shifter brackets..

steveg200

RSR Academy
Reaction score
It does look like it is shipped with the extra support bars now,the more expensive one will be with the better seat

Users who are viewing this thread