Looking for Advice - New Sim Racing Rig! (1 Viewer)

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
If you decide to pull the trigger again, give me a holler. I might be interested in your G29 :D
My DFGT needs to replaced in the next few months (well, it doesn't NEED to, but you know what I mean).

IT DOES NEED!! It is literally screaming: "REPLAAAACE MEEEE" :D :D :D

InsaneBase

Community Member
Reaction score
Hm, OK, PM me Invincible. If I know someone wants it and I don't have to eBay hustle hassle...:angelic:

InsaneBase

Community Member
Reaction score
Oh my, it feels so plushy. Also, I might be a little high from the smell.:bucktooth:

InsaneBase

Community Member
Reaction score
So far I really like it.:happy:

Pros:
- FFB is incredibly smooth -----> I honestly wouldn't have thought it'd be that much of a difference.
- So much FFB detail -------/
- Excellent shifter paddles
- I feel like I can steer with more feel. Must be due to the rim size.
- Ze feelz of ze Alcantara

Cons:
- FFB feels a little weak sometimes
- I think I need to wear gloves now
- The pedals. I feel slightly insulted. I guess I might get used to them, but I see the Pros in the future. The brake pedal is alright-ish with the rubber mod thingy, but overall I like the G29 pedals much more.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
For gloves, ask @t0daY what he thinks of the ones he got :)

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Ok i thought id high Jack this thread. Pointless making a new one..
Im after a new sim rig (something that comes with a seat and is able to hold one monitor up to 50") as most of you know i have a computer desk (youv seen it the one with the pretty pink flowers on the wall lol). Well i want rid of that and have a rig instead i dont have a masive budget and could go up to £500. Im probbly asking alot for that budget but if anyone has thougjts id gladly hear em...cheers in advance.

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
I would say go 80/20 as it's the most versatile, have a look at what @ramiboo is building and you will see what I mean. If that is out of your range then I would look at GT Omega. I use the seat it's really comfortable.

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score

ramiboo

Community Member
Reaction score
@jonnotheone 500 isn't too modest a budget. My new rig in parts is about that, the only thing missing is the seat. I've used some larger pieces in mine that can be slimmed down on to reduce the price. As for seats, you can get something for 80 - 400 so it depends on what level you want. You can start somewhere and build it up with 80/20.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Im looking for something like this..
gt-omega-pro-racing-simulator-professional-rs6-seat-a20245-700x700.jpg

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Well after making a cardboard mock floor plan of that above i can honestly say i wont be getting that lol. It fits in the room i just wouldnt be able to get in the door to get in it lol. Ill be looking for something a tad smaller in length..

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
Take the door off and use a curtain, or a sliding door, or western saloon doors :p

ramiboo

Community Member
Reaction score
What are your measurements for the room Jonno? Do me a floor plan for the room and include the door and I'll do a quick mock up.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
gt-omega-art-racing-simulator-cockpit-rs6-seat-89-500x500.jpg

This is the one im going for. Its adjustable in length and will fit... I have to decorate the livingroom first and take my wife out shopping and butter her up and then its mine lol...

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

steveg200

RSR Academy
Reaction score
That's the one I use @jonnotheone .It's a good piece of kit

SillySausage

Community Member
Reaction score
Ok! I'm revisiting this topic of mine as the time has come, my new setup is the next thing on my list of things to buy. I should be looking to buy in the next 3-4 weeks. I've already got most of my components selected, I just need some advice on a few small things.

1. What's the story with the ClubSport Pedals V3 Damper Kit and ClubSport Pedals V3 Brake Performance Kit? Are they worthwhile, what's their impact like, etc.

2. How does one go about mounting the Fanatec gear? Is the ClubSport Table Clamp V2 and ClubSport Shifter Table Clamp essential or just an upgrade to one that's already included?

3. What are my best options for a seat/stand? I was looking at the Playseat. Is this compatible with my components? Is there a better option?

4. Am I missing anything?

Would love any and all feedback. I'm in no rush, just need it in time for PCars 2. :)

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Does the rig your looking at not have a list of compatible wheels etc..???

Users who are viewing this thread