grobi0815

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
And the price of the DD2 is....... 1499€. That's insane :banghead:

Last edited:

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
Roughly as I expected. Maybe a 100 quid more than I thought the DD2 to be.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
As a 'plug and play' solution, I don't think the price is too outrageous. I won't be buying one, I really don't take my sim-racing anywhere near seriously enough to bother with that sort of product, but if I was in the market for that level of product, I'd definitely be taking a look :)

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
Most of us pretty much agreed at the SimExpo that if they came out with this at 1500 euros they would price themselves out to compete with the OSW and Accuforce and they just did lol.

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
How much is the OSW with the big mige?

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
A complete kit from simracingbay around 1100€
If I see it correctly on their site that’s the small mige. I can only find a big motor kit for 400€.

Either way I’d pick the Fanatec solution as it’s plug and play and I already have the Fanatec eco system :)

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
@Puffpirat Large with absolute encoder and the acrylic base is 1184 euros. Plus all you need is the SRM adapter for the Fanatec wheels and you have a “plug and play” system that is more robust than what Fanatec offers. If you get a small MiGe which is what the dd2 Fanatec is comparing itself to its even cheaper.

Surprised no one mentioned how they are going to first sell the DD1 via auction instead of a fixed price. Which is laughable. I’ll give them props for selling these wheels with a 3 year warranty but selling an extra 2 year warranty at 300 euros is crazy.

Last edited:

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I’d say DD1 = small mige, DD2 = big mige. But that’s nitpicking and you have an osw xD

And we don’t know the price of the DD1 since it can only be had through auction. Which starts at 1€ so that’s cheaper I guess :p

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
I’d say DD1 = small mige, DD2 = big mige. But that’s nitpicking and you have an osw xD

And we don’t know the price of the DD1 since it can only be had through auction. Which starts at 1€ so that’s cheaper I guess :p

Small MiGe outputs to 20nm. Large MiGe outputs to 30nm. DD2 doesn’t give you the full 24nm. It “boosts” itself to that for a short time.

Common you know what happened last Christmas with those auction stuff. Server crashes etc etc. People will intentionally drive the auction prices on those DD1 and I’ll feel sorry for those folks who buy it in excess of 1000 euros.

It’s too bad they didn’t show any new rims though. When I talked to Thomas last year he did say they were coming and he did confirm in the iRacing forums they have some in development.

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
They announced a new F1 rim since they are now the official partner of F1 eSports. They didn’t show it though.

If it has a fancy display I may skip it, pretty useless in VR.

Not a fan of the auction style for the DD1 either, but a clever move to push people into buying the DD2. I’m not interested in all that torque, small mige or DD1 would be more than enough for me.

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
I think it’s pretty shady they are doing that in the first place. They even mentioned the DD1 will have a fixed price later on. So they already have their price set they just want people to overpay for the DD1 via auction. Or as they said “We will let the market decide how much it’s worth” lol.

You know what they say once you go DD you never go back. ;)

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I mean if one gets lucky to get one for like 700€ that would be awesome but I guess that won't happen. I'll just wait till this all settles in. I said it in another thread, I'd need a new rig for a DD anyway... Maybe next year ;)

grobi0815

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I mean if one gets lucky to get one for like 700€ that would be awesome but I guess that won't happen. I'll just wait till this all settles in. I said it in another thread, I'd need a new rig for a DD anyway... Maybe next year ;)
me too

Hujkis

Community Member
Reaction score
sooo, anybody selling their non-DD fanatecs? :p

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
I still have my collection of all the Fanatec bases which I need to sell. But you're in Europe soooooo that won't work lol. :p

Users who are viewing this thread