Project CARS 2 Nords time-trial challenge discussion (1 Viewer)

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
This is what my laps should have looked like, had I not been a noob and binned it in the 1st sector :D

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
@Cluck is that the same FOV as on a flat screen? The sense of speed is so much bigger than with my settings...

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
This is what my laps should have looked like, had I not been a noob and binned it in the 1st sector :D

Big improvement Cluck!

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Yay TT challenge :D

The last sector isn't perfect but the first two were really good. 8:04.941

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@Cluck is that the same FOV as on a flat screen? The sense of speed is so much bigger than with my settings...
The monitor output always looks different to the view you get in the rift :)

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
The monitor output always looks different to the view you get in the rift :)
Cheers @Cluck . Way OT here...but what do you see in the rift when you just look forward? Is the left side mirror and rear view mirror completely visible for you? Did you adjust the seat position? According to FOV calculators I should set mine to 50 with my setup, but that just feels wrong. Cannot even see the dashboard then, and the immersion is far away from sensational, so I was running 70-ish up to now.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I run whatever the game sets it up as. I've never adjusted anything :) . As for what I see, I'll be honest, I'm not really looking so I'll try and make a mental note next time :)

Just took 1.3s off my previous time but was actually 2s up going into the Karussel. Still some way off Puff's time but I don't know if the Ferrari (or I, more importantly) have enough in the bag to beat his 8m04 lap. That is simply brilliant.

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
:joyful: Cheers for bringing that community challenge up, so awesome :D

@Shepard I guess it’s best described as what you would see in your or any car with a helmet on. The lenses take a bit of the viewing field away, but it’s where your vision gets fuzzy without focusing there anyway.

When you look straight ahead you see all the way down to the steering wheel (bit further than as it looks in my video) and you can make out the left hand and central mirror. For the right one you need to turn your head. The rift video only takes the left eye, so you can see more to the right than what the video shows :)

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score
I run whatever the game sets it up as. I've never adjusted anything :) . As for what I see, I'll be honest, I'm not really looking so I'll try and make a mental note next time :)

Just took 1.3s off my previous time but was actually 2s up going into the Karussel. Still some way off Puff's time but I don't know if the Ferrari (or I, more importantly) have enough in the bag to beat his 8m04 lap. That is simply brilliant.
You can try my highly suphisticated Ferrari setup for Nords. I'll upload it the next few days.

Pushing in a RSR TT Challenge on Combined Nordschleife to make the most out of the extensive preparation this event demanded sounds like a good idea.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I'll happily look at your setup miagi :)

I just made a hash of the final sector in my latest run, otherwise I would have beaten Puff's time by a tenth. Had I not messed up a bunch of other corners, I would have been close to 8m03. I'm not finished yet :D

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your input @Cluck and @Puffpirat, I will fiddle with the settings to get what you described. :)

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Since @Hujkis asked and I’m not really sure how to: is there an easy way to show throttle/brake input without running the telemetry HUD in pCARS? I’m recording my desktop with shadowplay as the game isn’t being picked up in VR somehow.

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
Since @Hujkis asked and I’m not really sure how to: is there an easy way to show throttle/brake input without running the telemetry HUD in pCARS? I’m recording my desktop with shadowplay as the game isn’t being picked up in VR somehow.

Shadowplay for me also record only Desktop mirror of VR.

I even tried to in Dirt Rally record Oculus display output, because monitor mirror has funny view angle, but there were no option (in OBS and Shadowplay).

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Nah I mean I know it can only pick up the mirror, but shadowplay isn’t even picking up the mirrored desktop window. I only have two options, windowed borderless or complete desktop recording.

Anyway back to my original question, input recording :p

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I've moved all the Nords time-trial and Rift discussion posts from the 'Cold Day in Hell' thread to this new thread :)

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score

When you have the speedometer on the HUD you can see throttle (green bar) and brake input (red bar). Don't know how its in VR though.

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Unless a 3rd-party app will also show the output in the mirrored monitor display, it's not going to be possible without something that records the info and can overlay it post-recording.

fab. ICEMAN

Staff iRacing
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I'm using something called Wheeler for my stream. That shows your steering input and the clutch/brake/throttle input, if that is what you're looking for. But works only in combination with OBS I guess. (Which is still pretty good for recording) @Puffpirat

https://billiam.itch.io/wheeler

Last edited:

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
"Nords time-trial challenge"

@Cluck Is this PC2 community contest or RSR? Official TT settings or...? :)

Unless a 3rd-party app will also show the output in the mirrored monitor display, it's not going to be possible without something that records the info and can overlay it post-recording.

All HUD elements regarding Throttle brake and wheel, are only useful for someone to watch stream, or video of driving. I don't see any advantage for driver from that. Or am I wrong?
I like nothing to have on my screen - pure immersion :)

Users who are viewing this thread