Project CARS 2 Nords time-trial challenge discussion (1 Viewer)

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
"Nords time-trial challenge"

@Cluck Is this PC2 community contest or RSR? Official TT settings or...? :)
It's an official Project CARS 2 Community Event. Launch the game and go to community events. You'll find it in there :). You can pick any GT3 car you like and setups are open.

It was only because we'd just run the combo that I thought to give it a try and mention it in here. Since it should be fresh in many people's minds, it might be fun to try it in slightly better conditions!

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I'll try that

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
All HUD elements regarding Throttle brake and wheel, are only useful for someone to watch stream, or video of driving. I don't see any advantage for driver from that. Or am I wrong?
I like nothing to have on my screen - pure immersion :)
I think Puffy wants it for his recording to show off his awesome throttle and brake skillz yo :D

Thinking about it, though, you can see the throttle and brake inputs using the large speedo thing. So if you enable just that in your hud, that will allow the world to see your fancy footwork at play. It doesn't show steering of course, but we can see that in the video anyway :)

Last edited:

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I have a little bit more tidying to do before you can use this :)

upload_2018-5-8_9-3-40.png

Reactions: Tom

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
I think Puffy wants it for his recording to show off his awesome throttle and brake skillz yo :D

Yes, I know... :) I just watching his video and by feeling I see that he is braking a lot more later than I am :) I would also like to see indicators of braking

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Cheers for the input guys :) I’ll see if I can work something out.

Yes @Cluck I just wanna show off :D and Hujkis asked on Twitter :p

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
"Cheers for the input".... and they say Germans don't have a sense of humour :p

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Yes, I know... :) I just watching his video and by feeling I see that he is braking a lot more later than I am :) I would also like to see indicators of braking
Puffy is what we call "a late braker". I have never seen anybody else brake so late and with such precision as Puff, it is both agonising and frustrating to watch (because I can't do it ;)). If you ever look at his setups, he usually seems to run 100% brake force and knows precisely how much pedal pressure to apply. Contrast that to my technique, which is "Oh crap, corner, BRAKE SO HARD MY RIG IS GOING TO BEND, turn, dammit brake a bit more, correct the oversteer, apply the throttle, oops, too much throttle, dab of oppo, keep the foot planted and off to the next panic-filled corner". My laps are nothing if not exciting :D

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Too bad I can only give one rating for this post :D

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
... Contrast that to my technique, which is "Oh crap, corner, BRAKE SO HARD MY RIG IS GOING TO BEND, turn, dammit brake a bit more, correct the oversteer, apply the throttle, oops, too much throttle, dab of oppo, keep the foot planted and off to the next panic-filled corner". My laps are nothing if not exciting :D

Yap... If I would drive fast as you, I would also have DNF record in races .... :p .... So I go stady and slowly.

For serious, I think I first time saw Puff's drive now and it is rally smooth and fast.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
For what it's worth, this was my faster lap last night.

A bunch of silly mistakes (including a shocking final sector) meant I was left with an 8m05 lap. The back-end stepping out at Bergwek cost me precious time for the long drag up the hill to the hairpin at Steilstrecke too. I know I'd also lost at least a tenth by the exit of Warsteiner-Kurve (T11 on the GP layout) early in the lap. So, yeah, lots of room for improvement yet.

Eugene Flerko

Community Member
Reaction score
Cheers for the input guys :) I’ll see if I can work something out.

You can move your speedo ring in HUD to the bottom center of your screen, in this case it will be visible in the mirrored window

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I wanted to avoid editing my hud layout just for the recording, because it’s a pita to get right, but will do that if I can’t get anything external to work :)

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
I have a question, maybe not related to this forum-theme but even maybe it is :)

How can I prevent jump of front of a car? :)
edit: I mean setup-car-wise :)

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
I have a question, maybe not related to this forum-theme but even maybe it is :)

How can I prevent jump of front of a car? :)
edit: I mean setup-car-wise :)

Over such a crest at high speeds? It think only by destroying the aero-balance. You would have to add significant df to the front while lowering it on the rear, which would make the following fast right at the Flugplatz a brown-moment-turn. :p

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
So nothing else than front DF increase?

GosuNoob

Community Member
Reaction score
You can probably decrease your front fast bump and increase your front fast rebound. That should help, but again it'll throw off balance of car for the rest of the track.

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
But Ginetta GT4 doesn't have Fast Bump/Rebound changeable.(?)

Users who are viewing this thread