Oculus. Happiness short lived (1 Viewer)

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Well ok guys my rift Finaly arived today and for the past 3 hours iv been pulling my hair out.. I install everything correct plug it all in correct and open oculus runtime to be greeted with rhe same msg over and over ... This service is unavalible.. The rift is working as i can see my pc on it but the rift runtime just dont see it. What am i doing wrong.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Yup and yup yup and yup.. All to no avail im at a complete loss of what to do. Im close to packing it in the box and putting it on ebay.

I install the runtime and it should ask me to reboot but it never does

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Weird. Have you checked device manager to see if the hardware has been detected properly in there? I just wonder if one of the drivers hasn't installed?

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I got it working yay.. There was a cmd tool in the oculis file booted that up hit run and bang working like a charm. I need to do some serious graphics adjustments tho as it looks alittle blocky but wow i cant belive how great it is lol. Im deffantly saving for a cv now lol.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Well again it was short lived bloody steam playin up now saying composite not working iv tried everything avalible on the tinterweb. Im thinking something is saying no im not allowed vr.

Topsie

Community Member
Reaction score
May sound daft, but I couldn't use mine today. That is until I notice the Oculus software telling me there was a firmware update. Ran that and all was fine.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
^^^ jonno has, like me, has got a DK2 not the CV1. I'm pretty certain Oculus have stopped officially supporting the DK2, so we only get the Oculus Home updates.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I figured it out lol it was becouse i had my monitor plugged in to a diffrent graphics port it turns out they need to be both plugged in to the same card so all well now has deffo made me want a new one now tho lol iv had the taste of it and loved it im saving now for a new one.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
The Sorrows of Young Jonno

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Well i have been playing and playing all day with diffrent settings and i have now got to a comfy setting the distance is quite poor but aslong as i dont focus to much ahead its manageable. And i keep going cross eyed for some reason lol..

Users who are viewing this thread