Assetto Corsa Pre-Season #1: Lausitzring (1 Viewer)

Pre-Season #1: Lausitzring
Posted by m4nu
Assetto Corsa
Monday, December 3, 2018 - 19:30
Until: Monday, December 3, 2018 - 22:59
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@Noztra, @Ricardo Macieira: Put the results and replay files into post #2. Thank you :)
Post automatically merged:

Gutted I missed this one :(

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
I didn't felt this good about driving since always.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I'm sorry to be another one to pull out of this race. I was looking forward to it and I'm looking forward to the future ones.

A trapped nerve in my shoulder is causing too much pain so I can't turn the steering wheel :-(
✊✊

MATT1

Community Member
Reaction score
Sorry to all who drove into me after I've spun in corner 3 in first lap. Stress and inner curb didn't make me able to control the rear of the car :(

that ended my race unfortunately. unlucky me :(

Ulti

Community Member
Reaction score
I have to say that I don't think i'vr sweat this much after a race ever. Not even after 3 hour enduro stints... these cars are insanely fun to drive and so easy to push to the limits. I enjoyed every secod of tonight except for all the wheel noises bursting my eardrums mid corners:p

I'm super excited for the league to start as it seems we are going to have some really good battles. I also have to admit after driving DTM in R3E for quite some time, that DRS does play a big role in the racing itself. I found defending to be really easy. Not sure who was behind me for around 6-7 laps and then losing connection, but evrn with my front bumper completely destroyed and straight line speef a bit down. I could easily defend the whole time.

All i did was try to get a good exit on that last corner, because through the rest of the track it was quite difficult to overtake as you can just hug the inside line in these cars.

So I think having DRS would make the racing more competitive in some way. Never thought i'd say that as im not a big fan of DRS in general. Is it worth testing out though?

Noztra

Community Member
Reaction score
So after last weeks race, I was a little demotivated because of all the stuff going on.

With this many no shows tonight, I thought it would be a bad race, but everyone else proved me wrong. :)

Everyone seem to be really focused and in "league mode" which was really good to see. :) There was very little contact in the start of the race, but everyone seemed to be cautious and didn't try anything crazy.

I qulifying 9th, which was pretty decent and good a pretty good start. Down into T1 one I was on the outside and decide to go a little wide to make room to the guys on inside, which costed me a place or two, but no contact. During the start of the race I tried to keep up with @Nada, @Jeff[NL], @Exited, @Daz Oz, but the guys where just to fast. Then @Daz Oz for some reason dropped back and we had a decent amount of laps together with some nice battles. I ended up passing him, but made a mistake a couple of laps before my pitstop, so @Daz Oz and @hinesy32 passed me.

@Berserkmir and me pitted at the same time, but he passed me in the pit, due to I had to fix some damage. Rest of the race was just trying to keep up with him and in the end we had a little contact and I passed him.

Overall I am really pleased with race. Not because of my driving, but how the event went. Really nice to see people taken it seriously, while still having fun. :)

Congratulations to @JetPistol with the win.

Ricardo

Staff Assetto Corsa
#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
hello everyone,
46 signups, 26 joined, only 20 finished the race. tbh i felt trully demotivated and disapointed.
about the race i hadn't tried updated cars until last night so i wasnt as good as i could be so not a good quali time and the race wasnt good too.
it was really good to see a very clean rave from everybody just a little incident after t1 and then i saw a couple of solo spins no major carnage. teamspeak side was really great very quite and respectfull.
next race will be on the 17th @mugello i personally expect more people to show up and complete the race
see you guys around

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
After I saw for first time that in RSR will be Assetto Corsa as official races, I decided to give it a go because I tried few times Assetto and I liked how it feels (FFB, Feeling of car, physics, handling...). I really didn't tried much racing games, although I have all of them in steam library, only Raceroom when we in RSR had few unofficial races. Due to a lack of free time in my life, I just stuck with Project Cars 2 just because RSR is organize events with that game. But, after I tried Assetto Corsa last race with Formula cars at Watkins Glenn, I had difficult time to get back to PC2. Maybe my FFB settings is bad in PC2, I don't know, but I can't feel car the way I feel it in AC, or Raceroom Experiance. My friend, who is competing in iRacing long time ago told me that I will never learn drive a sim-racing cars with Project cars :)

So, as I finally "broke chains" that holds me to PC2, this last couple of days, I drove mostly Raceroom, AC and bought subscription to iRacing. OMG the difference.... I finally feels car.

For the race last night.... I really enjoyed it. First few laps I battled with myself and car, and was very unstable in corners (too much throttle...), and to mention that I have never drive on this track before. I learned it yesterday :) so I am very sorry if I caused an incident in few laps of a game. In I used to look at PC2 HUD and see who is where, but in AC couldn't do it, that caused me even more mistakes in driving. But everything came to its place after few (or maybe little more than few :rolleyes:) laps. I think that me and @Nada can get nice amount of points for our team in league.

Really looking forward for next race at Mugello (another track that I have never try before o_O).

Here is video of the race:

Edit:
P.S.
I am very sorry for my bad rejoin at 6:50 min in video (@cheekymunkey78 and John Wooldridge). That is what I have talked about. IN PC2 I would look at track map and see who is where, bu here in AC I am still totally confused where to look in HUD to see that :)
I will fix this kind of stuff soon as possible with a bit practice.

Last edited:

Mazy CZ

Community Member
Reaction score
To help you with space awareness, try to install Helicorsa app. You can move it in wherever you want (.ie. in you line of sight as it is transparent). it lets you know how close other cars are and if you are able to slot behind/between/in front of a car you are racing ;)
https://revolutionsimracing.com/threads/assetto-corsa-apps.1649/

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
@Mazy CZ
Thank you but I have already installed it, there is on video but maybe too low on screen, I'll play with it a bit to find best place on screen. :)

My problem is not technical side of things, but just getting used to something new :) I will nailed it later with practice ;)

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
Jonno is John Wooldridge?

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
Aaa... Ok I get it now (@Jonno ) :)

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@Noztra were is the dirty move... You on about when me and dama had a kiss lol.. He tapped me wide and was the gentleman let me back past and i then gifted it him back a corner later lol.. Or are you on about the first corner overtake a force the issue perfection overtake.

Noztra

Community Member
Reaction score
@Noztra were is the dirty move... You on about when me and dama had a kiss lol.. He tapped me wide and was the gentleman let me back past and i then gifted it him back a corner later lol.. Or are you on about the first corner overtake a force the issue perfection overtake.

Look at the timestamp in the video. :)

You slipstream @Ricardo Macieira, goes left of him, then goes right and gives him a little push so he misses the corner. I am not saying its on purpose or anything, just a little dirty. :p

Ricardo

Staff Assetto Corsa
#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
Look at the timestamp in the video. :)

You slipstream @Ricardo Macieira, goes left of him, then goes right and gives him a little push so he misses the corner. I am not saying its on purpose or anything, just a little dirty. :p
yeah we had this little touch and yeah we can avoid things like that. but still small contacs will be allways part of racing
as most of you know im not that kind of guy tgat complains about everything and i believe @Jonno didnt done that on purpose so we are good

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@Ricardo Macieira mate i had zero contact on my side if we did i apologise and would of at the time if i felt anything. On my side it was a clean but forcefully done overtake...

Ricardo

Staff Assetto Corsa
#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
@Ricardo Macieira mate i had zero contact on my side if we did i apologise and would of at the time if i felt anything. On my side it was a clean but forcefully done overtake...
mate with had contact and i ended up with light damage but thats ok. like i said contacts like we had will be allways part of racing and nobody is pointing fingers at you.overall people had a very clean race thats what matters in the end:)

Users who are viewing this thread