Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Noticed a lot of cars spinning in the last 2 corners before the main straight ... for me this was a ride height issue (set too low) ... I think it is called 'travel' in telemetry view, shows red when you hit the ground. Luckily I raised the ride height just before the race .... after some short testing I understood why my team mate @Nakor had a much higher ride height.... saved my race.
As far as I know the travel is how much the suspension moves up and down and not directly related to ride height.

Corentin_Bergès

Community Member
Reaction score
As far as I know the travel is how much the suspension moves up and down and not directly related to ride height.

I think it is {Ride height} - {suspension stops}
Do you know btw a free telemetry software that allows you to see this ride height, without having to look at it in real time with the in game telemetry ?

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Considering the disaster that was round 1, I sat out Q2 in quiet confidence knowing my tyre issues weren't an issue that they were in race 1.
Starting dead last I was upto p14 in lap two. had a good battle with @MarkyPea going 3 wide into T1 & continuing that battle for the next 5 corners where we came across several cars pointing the wrong direction. I never even noticed such was my focus on his rear bumper till I had to avoid him on the brakes & somehow managed to avoid the carnage around us into the chicane. Unfortunately I then got knocked about a bit, first by @Corentin_Bergès then later by @Determined Hangman. I then had a real life emergency in that my 4 year old had knocked his TV over trying to change the volume (their tv remote is temperamental) which put me 2 laps down by the time I returned. I was happy enough to have some slow fun bringing the car home.
Hopefully I wasn't too much of a road block for the leaders!
Apologies if I was.
Lol seems we both had a great start i went from 24th to 6th in one lap lol..

Corentin_Bergès

Community Member
Reaction score
--- Stickos Madness Team Interview ---
by T.Yesterday, journalist for RSR

After a disaster in FP2, with the #83 being destroyed (fortunaly the driver Taorminator got no injuries) after a very harsch hit in the wall at the second before last corner, which will see a lot of bumpers during the week end, the only remaining driver was #82 driver @Corentin_Bergès. We wanted to have the point of view of the driver himself, and we manage to got some images. But enough talk, let's begin with our first question :

T.Y : What were your expectation for this race at Fuji ? We've seen you training hard in FP, despite your teammate crash.
C.B : Well, to be honest my expectations were not as high as for Road America. We struggled a lot concerning the setup for this track, and we decided at the last minute the setups for Q1 and R1.
For Q1, we decided a middle DF setup, however i overheated my tires during the first fast lap, and spinned, i was basically done. Came back to the pits to change the tireset and try a second flying lap, was better but a few tenth of a second slower than my normal quali pacen managed to end up at the 9th position.

T.Y : 9th position is not bad. However by the end of the start finish line you had already lost a few positions. What happend ?
C.B : I can only blame myself for it. I was quite nervous, and i basically floored the pedal as soon as the lights turned green. However @AJlewis1988 was slower to react, i was following close already and despite evasive action on the right i hit him in the rear, telemetry showed us i had some aero damage already. I got lucky though, that @kobusnell avoided me, this could have ended in a start overall disaster.
The the first corner was challenging, we got three wide on the exit, me in the middle, got pushed a bit from both side, but i got out of this trap behind @Nakor now being in 14th position.

T.Y : What a hell of a start ! You managed to gain of few position till the middle of the race. Can you tell us more ?
C.B : Well, after a short fight with @Nakor in the first lap, who i passed in the dunlop chicane, and benefitting from various spins in frot, i was back to P9 at lap 4. However i lost the rear in the 13th corner, and lost some positions. Back to P13 behind @Eugene Gajkin, who i passed after a spin.
By the middle of race i was 8th behind @Owfier who i follow for 4 or 5 laps, we had the exact same pace.
However, 19minutes remaining on the clock, @Blue Monkey deliberately ignores the blue flag for more than one lap, thus containing @Owfier and me. He lost it alone in the hairpin, and made a collateral victim, @Owfier who is hit and spins as well. I managed to take evasive action and passed.
I now have a two second gap to my follower @AJlewis1988 and 3s gap to @Nada in front.

T.Y : But you never caught him...
C.B : Indeed. I almost did it, increasing my gap to Andrew and closing it with Nada. However i attacked too hard and i begun suffering a lot of understeer, which wasn't the case in FP. I battled against the car for the next 10 minutes, with the car behaviour getting worse and worse. 9 min before the end, @AJlewis1988 was only 1 sec behind.

T.Y : The battle with @AJlewis1988 was very entertaining
C.B : Well i can tell you i wasn't in a joke mood as he was getting closer and closer (laugh). We had an awesome battle in the last 7 minutes. I was locking up the front a lot, and we even made contact in the Hairpin, but no damage. We keep going, he passes me in the straight with a brilliant move in the inside of the last corner, i manage to take in inside and stay in front. Next lap he's in front, taking the outside of the first corner in another brilliant move. Just one lap remaining, i'm behind.
Hairpin, still too far.
Dunlop Chicane, i know this is my last opportunity, because i'm a bit slower in the next laps. I break as late as i can, @AJlewis1988 got conservative on his breaking and i'm now close, i've better speed on the exit, i get on the inside of the left hander ! I take the inside as much as i can, not knwing if andrew had seen me ! In fact, he hadn't and we hit. Not so hard, but the rear wing was already weaker due to the initial contact at the start, and it breaks. We fight side by side till last corner, where the lack of downforce makes him lose it. Andrew, if you read this, i'm sorry it ended up like that, but i think it's a racing incident.
I finish 6th

T.Y : There has been quite a polemic on the social medias about this last minute move. Do you feel guilty ?
C.B : Well you know i was sweating hard, and i don't think the move was dirty? It's unfortunate, i think we both would have liked fighting till last corner, which we did, only i had the advantage still having my rear wing ! (laugh) Honestly i think the move was legit, but i'd be happy to have the opinion of your readers.
And you know, karma got me in race 2, with @Determined Hangman making the exact same manouvre, but a bit late, i got spinned.

T.Y : Race 2 was not as good as race 1, despit a god qualification, where you make 5th position on the grid
C.B : We changed the setup for a high downforce setup, and i made three fast laps, so i was happy. With an odd position number i still had the insife line, and managed to pass @Determined Hangman in the first corner quite easily.
The car was behaving like a charm, but well, after the spin i lost control on a stupid attempt to be faster, got big damage in the front, end of the race.

T.Y : Your attempt to pass @FuBii earlier shocked a lot of spectators.
C.B : Unfortunate move. I had way better exit and was literaly a meter from his rear wing, he lost it a tiny bit on the exit, i was carrying way more speed than he was, so in a split of a second i took the offtrack on the right, then got major understeer and came back on track with a punsch that i'm not proud of.

T.Y : Do you apologize ?
C.B : Of course i do. I even waited for him, but he hadn't spin. A miracle, truely.

T.Y : Plans for next week race ?
C.B : Well, first i'll have a teammate back into the ship. I don't know the track at all, so i can't tell anything. A top 5 would be fantastic, But i'd be still happy with a top 10

T.Y : Well, thank you for the insight in your race, and good luck for next week.
C.B : Thank you

TLDR : R1 was fun, R2 not that much.

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
I'm a noob....
During testing I spun a lot of times in the second to last corner before the straight.
Front right showing this image just before spinning... so what does this tell setup wise?
After increasing ride height the issue was solved.... so I thought there was a relation between the two?

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
That’s odd, you have more travel left than ride height. Which means you can bottom out before the spring reaches the bump stop. Maybe that’s why it’s red, the other occasion would be if travel goes to 0.

And don’t run Hards, they’re bad on this car.

Corentin_Bergès

Community Member
Reaction score
--- Stickos Interview (bonus) ---

And because it is always more entertaining with pictures, i suggest you an illustration of the interview with a few pictures, made by the RSR crew who was alongside the track. Legend is under the picture.

ss185347.jpg

Race start, Fuji, 12 o'clock
A field of 30 cars is eady to start in Japan
First two rows :
- Meisterjäger maFIA #27 @Puffpirat
- CatchASlowGlimpse #72 @CatchAGlimpse
- Us, Ourselves and We Together #63 @Elodyr
- CatchASlowGlimpse #73 @Born2BSlow

ss190419.jpg

First lap tension is maximum between #82 driver @Corentin_Bergès and #26 @Nakor of the Oculus Drifters team.
Car are centimeters from each other.

ss190553.jpg

Meanwhile, the gap is already big and @Puffpirat is already far, followed by @CatchAGlimpse and @Elodyr The podum is already settled.

ss191742.jpg

LM Motorsport #3 @Eugene Gajkin spins in the early laps of race 1. He will be one of a long list to lose the car in one of these terrifics curves

ss192802.jpg

#82 cockpit view.
@Blue Monkey, in the car #41 of Me him and we crash together team takes out Jombow-jet on fier driver @Owfier in the #80, although he
had had a blue flag for more than one lap.

ss194200.jpg

@Nada in the #24 of the Severija team is cruising away. The #82 car will never be a threat

ss195216.jpg

The fight for 6th position is very intense between Team Atomic @AJlewis1988 in #14 and @Corentin_Bergès of Stickos Madness Motorsport in the #82
here, at the exit of the first righthander. @AJlewis1988 will complete the move on the next lap

ss195532.jpg

Bit lockup and contact between the two guys. This shows well how burning the fire was between the two cars. 6th position was gold, i tell you.

ss200520.jpg

Last lap, 5 corners remaining, maximum tension ! Drama catches up in the Dunlop chicane . @Corentin_Bergès had sneak into the inside, but focused on the next corner, @AJlewis1988 had not seen it. Contact is harsh, fatal for the rear wing of the #14. They will still battle till last corner.
@82 will finish 6th, and #14 on 8th position.

{If you guys enjoyed it, please let me know ^^ and what i could do better :p}

kobusnell

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Everyone's feedback is great. I'll have a go as well.

Quali 1
Again disappointing. I don't know why I have so much trouble getting my qualifying pace to match my practice pace. Started in 11th. Might be too tentative. Very frustrating.

Race 1
Started on the inside, got away okay, but as @Corentin_Bergès said there was a small incident in front of me, and had to take immediate evasive action. Got past okay, carry on to first corner, which went quite well.
At this stage I think me, @Determined Hangman and @Red_Fox is busy battling. Still first lap, all close together, I totally missed my braking point on the way to Dunlop corner. See @eagle s stream @31.15... As soon as I realised I wasn't going to make the turn I eased off the brakes to try and get past the corner before the other two turned in. I think I just about managed it, but I had to leave the track. I waited alongside, and went from ~10th to 26th. Oh well, rather that than ruin someone's race.
I thought it could still be fun racing from the back. I'm not a big overtaker , this is far and away the series where I've attempted the most overtakes. I must say, even though my race was totally compromised, I had many fun battles along the way. Unfortunately @Jonno spun in the second to last corner, and as he was coming around I had nowhere to go. I saw he started to lose the rear, so I tried to take a slower and tighter line, but his spin ended up going to where I tried to avoid, and we hit. Had some suspension and aero damage, but soldiered on.
What followed was a very enjoyable battle with @Eugene Gajkin . He had a lot more pace down the straight, so I had to nail the final sector each and every time. Too much pressure, and when he overtook me I couldn't keep up. Must say that I think we showed a lot of respect for each other, hope the feeling is mutual.
Overtook quite a few cars that were recovering from spins. Somehow managed to end up in 10th place! 11th to 26th to 10th with damage.

Quali 2
Somewhat better, finished in 9th I think. Managed faster in practice, but I guess I should expect that by now.

Race 2
I started on the inside again. If I remember correctly I made up a position with a or two at the first corner. There was an incident or two in front of me, and I found myself in 4th! I was between @Elodyr and @Red_Fox . Really focused hard on consistency, trying to keep the gap to behind and wondering if there was ever a way that I would catch a driver as obviously faster than me as @Elodyr . He had a small moment, and from then on the gap was around three seconds. Gap to behind was increasing, and I saw on the relatives that @Red_Fox and @Blue Monkey must be having an epic battle. Anyway, I can't drive these cars without overheating the tyres, and could not drive at 100% to try and catch in front. In any case, I felt that the gap was being managed, so I tried just being close enough in case something happens. Things got interesting during some lapping manoeuvres, caught a bit, but never within 1.5 seconds.
Anyway, it finished like that, and I'm very happy with 4th! I know, based on pace, I don't belong there. I was very proud managing a result like that.

On to the next one!

Last edited:

AJlewis1988

Community Member
Reaction score
T be honest I didn't notice you untill somebody pointed it out.

Ahh that's good, you and me excluded I only p***** off 30 people

After a disaster in FP2, with the #83 being destroyed (fortunaly the driver Taorminator got no injuries) after a very harsch hit in the wall at the second before last corner, which will see a lot of bumpers during the week end, the only remaining driver was #82 driver @Corentin_Bergès. We wanted to have the point of view of the driver himself, and we manage to got some images. But enough talk, let's begin with our first question :

T.Y : What were your expectation for this race at Fuji ? We've seen you training hard in FP, despite your teammate crash.
C.B : Well, to be honest my expectations were not as high as for Road America. We struggled a lot concerning the setup for this track, and we decided at the last minute the setups for Q1 and R1.
For Q1, we decided a middle DF setup, however i overheated my tires during the first fast lap, and spinned, i was basically done. Came back to the pits to change the tireset and try a second flying lap, was better but a few tenth of a second slower than my normal quali pacen managed to end up at the 9th position.

T.Y : 9th position is not bad. However by the end of the start finish line you had already lost a few positions. What happend ?
C.B : I can only blame myself for it. I was quite nervous, and i basically floored the pedal as soon as the lights turned green. However @AJlewis1988 was slower to react, i was following close already and despite evasive action on the right i hit him in the rear, telemetry showed us i had some aero damage already. I got lucky though, that @kobusnell avoided me, this could have ended in a start overall disaster.
The the first corner was challenging, we got three wide on the exit, me in the middle, got pushed a bit from both side, but i got out of this trap behind @Nakor now being in 14th position.

T.Y : What a hell of a start ! You managed to gain of few position till the middle of the race. Can you tell us more ?
C.B : Well, after a short fight with @Nakor in the first lap, who i passed in the dunlop chicane, and benefitting from various spins in frot, i was back to P9 at lap 4. However i lost the rear in the 13th corner, and lost some positions. Back to P13 behind @Eugene Gajkin, who i passed after a spin.
By the middle of race i was 8th behind @Owfier who i follow for 4 or 5 laps, we had the exact same pace.
However, 19minutes remaining on the clock, @Blue Monkey deliberately ignores the blue flag for more than one lap, thus containing @Owfier and me. He lost it alone in the hairpin, and made a collateral victim, @Owfier who is hit and spins as well. I managed to take evasive action and passed.
I now have a two second gap to my follower @AJlewis1988 and 3s gap to @Nada in front.

C.B : Indeed. I almost did it, increasing my gap to Andrew and closing it with Nada. However i attacked too hard and i begun suffering a lot of understeer, which wasn't the case in FP. I battled against the car for the next 10 minutes, with the car behaviour getting worse and worse. 9 min before the end, @AJlewis1988 was only 1 sec behind.

C.B : Well i can tell you i wasn't in a joke mood as he was getting closer and closer (laugh). We had an awesome battle in the last 7 minutes. I was locking up the front a lot, and we even made contact in the Hairpin, but no damage. We keep going, he passes me in the straight with a brilliant move in the inside of the last corner, i manage to take in inside and stay in front. Next lap he's in front, taking the outside of the first corner in another brilliant move. Just one lap remaining, i'm behind.
Hairpin, still too far.
Dunlop Chicane, i know this is my last opportunity, because i'm a bit slower in the next laps. I break as late as i can, @AJlewis1988 got conservative on his breaking and i'm now close, i've better speed on the exit, i get on the inside of the left hander ! I take the inside as much as i can, not knwing if andrew had seen me ! In fact, he hadn't and we hit. Not so hard, but the rear wing was already weaker due to the initial contact at the start, and it breaks. We fight side by side till last corner, where the lack of downforce makes him lose it. Andrew, if you read this, i'm sorry it ended up like that, but i think it's a racing incident.
I finish 6th

T.Y : There has been quite a polemic on the social medias about this last minute move. Do you feel guilty ?
C.B : Well you know i was sweating hard, and i don't think the move was dirty? It's unfortunate, i think we both would have liked fighting till last corner, which we did, only i had the advantage still having my rear wing ! (laugh) Honestly i think the move was legit, but i'd be happy to have the opinion of your readers.
And you know, karma got me in race 2, with @Determined Hangman making the exact same manouvre, but a bit late, i got spinned.

T.Y : Race 2 was not as good as race 1, despit a god qualification, where you make 5th position on the grid
C.B : We changed the setup for a high downforce setup, and i made three fast laps, so i was happy. With an odd position number i still had the insife line, and managed to pass @Determined Hangman in the first corner quite easily.
The car was behaving like a charm, but well, after the spin i lost control on a stupid attempt to be faster, got big damage in the front, end of the race.

C.B : Unfortunate move. I had way better exit and was literaly a meter from his rear wing, he lost it a tiny bit on the exit, i was carrying way more speed than he was, so in a split of a second i took the offtrack on the right, then got major understeer and came back on track with a punsch that i'm not proud of.

C.B : Of course i do. I even waited for him, but he hadn't spin. A miracle, truely.

C.B : Well, first i'll have a teammate back into the ship. I don't know the track at all, so i can't tell anything. A top 5 would be fantastic, But i'd be still happy with a top 10

T.Y : Well, thank you for the insight in your race, and good luck for next week.

Racing incident completely mate. No hard feeling from me. I loved the battle as did the @fab. ICEMAN whilst commentating. Again awesome race 1.

Owfier

RSR Academy
Reaction score
@Corentin_Bergès , I love this part
#82 cockpit view.
@Blue Monkey, in the car #41 of Me him and we crash together team takes out Jombow-jet on fier driver @Owfier in the #80, although he
had had a blue flag for more than one lap.

Not to be rude @Blue Monkey, but it did piss me off a little at that moment. After the race I do didn't care, what happens just happens.

Last edited:

Owfier

RSR Academy
Reaction score

Hairpin, still too far.
I finish 6th

I love these posts, so well build in a story!

CatchAGlimpse

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Good night for me - I aimed for a top 3 finish for both races so finishing 2nd in both is a great feeling.

Q1: Got stuck in the pits waiting for the other cars to leave their pit boxes so this put me on the back foot slightly initially but managed to put in a good lap (albeit 0.3 off what I had done in the practice session). Finished the session 2nd with Puffy on pole.

Race 1: Had a terrible start. I was quite conscious of jumping ahead of @Puffpirat before the start with a limited view of his car next to me so I had to hang back a car length more than what I needed. Puffy called the start maybe 1/2 seconds before I was anticipating so it took me by surprise and allowed @Elodyr to get ahead. After recovering the position a few turns later I started to hunt down Puffy getting the gap down to 0.5s. Chasing hard I made a small mistake on the 2nd to last corner and lost 1-1.5s and then 3 laps later I had the issue return where the frames dropped quite considerably causing me to lose around 7/8s - luckily this only lasted a few laps. After this the race was pretty uneventful with a gap to 3rd increasing to 15s at its peak. I was spun out while overlapping the 2 lap down @Blue Monkey with 5 mins until the end, he was battling to try and unlap himself from 17th and 18th place. Fortunately I managed to keep 2nd place until the end.

Q2: Set a strong lap initially with @Puffpirat then beating the lap by under 0.1 seconds then with Puffy not improving on his second run, I managed to get 0.2s up before getting a snap of oversteer with 3 turns to go losing 0.5s therefore handing pole to Puffy.

Race 2: Same terrible start but managed to hold off @Elodyr in turn 1/2. As Puffy said in the post race interview on the stream, I felt his had the race in control so I wasn't pushing massively hard knowing that 2nd was big championship points and not worth spinning pushing to get an unlikely position. I felt if I had pole for the 2nd race then giving @Puffpirat a taste of the dirty air could have given me a chance for a win but Q2 and the early laps of Race 2 were crucial and well executed from Puffy.

Big congrats to Puffy on the double poles, fastest laps and race wins.

Never driven a lap of Zhuhai before so I will have to put in a lot of practice for the next round. Practising the night before with 5/6 other people was really beneficial so I hope between us something similar can be arranged for the next round.

Great job @fab. ICEMAN and @ovivoJR for the stream!!

EDIT: Thinking about it... I could be leading the championship... **waiting for results to be updated** ;)

Last edited:

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I would refer to our driving standards rule on this one

1.2 Overtaking
  • 1.2.1 - As the chasing car, it is your responsibility to avoid contact with the car in front. The following types of manoeuvres are prohibited:
    • Bump drafting in general
    • Forcing a driver to exceed the track limits
    • Dive bombing into corners
  • 1.2.2 - Although not essential when overtaking, we encourage you to make your opponents aware of your position via TeamSpeak.
1.3 Defending
  • If another car is alongside you going into a corner, you must adjust your line to avoid contact. For the avoidance of doubt, if any part of the car attempting to pass is alongside the rear wheel of the car in front, this will be deemed to be "alongside". The following types of manoeuvres are prohibited:
    • More than one change of direction to defend a position
    • Forcing a driver to exceed the track limits
    • Any other abnormal change of direction
Everyone should pay attention to this. People have told me directly that RSR does not have a "more than one direction change" rule. Yet there it is in 1.3...
It feels to me like recent drivers have not even reviewed the rules before coming on track. My experience at the back of the pack this week saw some pretty shocking driving.

Nolitnax

Community Member
Reaction score
Again a pretty solid performance if I'd say so myself, considering my skill level. ;)

Still shat the bed in the qualifying runs! Can't remember correctly but got arround pos. 25 in both.
Race again went more than excellent for me! A 17. and 14. Pos finish and if I wouldn't have fucked up the first Turn, near the end of the first race, It would have been a double 14th finish for me!

Am really glad that I took the time to tinker a bit with the setup on this one, felt way more comfortable for me then on COTA, thanks to that I had much more confidence in pressuring by staying behind some folks!

Hopefully for the european tracks I can use my new wheel! :D
A sweet T300 Alcantara Edition with my Playseat challenge! For Zhuhai I'll probably use my pad again for the last time!

Last edited:

Sonic

Community Member
Reaction score
A round to forget...
Both qualys were meh, couldn't even get close my times from practice.
In R1, after the green, i was right in the pack heading for T1. @Sonic and me had a slight door rub (again the two of us :oops:), I spun off and hit the wall on the right side. So back to pits in L1... I checked the replay directly after the first race, as I was pretty pissed after that disastrous start, but it looked like we just were in each others blind spot. Sorry for that @Sonic, I hope it didn't affect your race too much.
R2 ain't no better... I could climb some places up to lap 11, then I went wide on the last turn, spun, and damaged my rear suspension while reversing...again to the pits... I was thinking of dropping pCARS afterwards, as I do not see any progress in my race craft, no matter how much I practice, whereas in rFactor I improved quite a bit over the VEC season... I am lost somehow...mimimi
I have already begun to get used to the fact that in every race someone knocks me out of the track :(. At this time, though not fined and thanks for that:).

AJlewis1988

Community Member
Reaction score
Everyone should pay attention to this. People have told me directly that RSR does not have a "more than one direction change" rule. Yet there it is in 1.3...
It feels to me like recent drivers have not even reviewed the rules before coming on track. My experience at the back of the pack this week saw some pretty shocking driving.

Some really terrible driving. I understand everyone's adrenaline is running high and nerves are kicking in but people just need to calm down. It's clear that being able to put in a fast lap and actually having some race craft are two massively different skills.

Users who are viewing this thread