Project CARS 2 Race Ideas (1 Viewer)

Jesper Ramsberg

Community Member
Reaction score
Hi

Starting this thread to share race ideas for Project Cars 2.

I will start with one of my own ideas.

Jesper Ramsberg

Community Member
Reaction score
A WEC style race in miniformat.

I want to see:
Radical style cars together with the Ginetta GT5 G40 on track.

I would like this to be an endurance race. The nice thing with this I think is the beauty of a lemans style race with simplier and slower cars to drive.

And for me its great to see the car I race in real life in a community race. But I think I would choose a Radical style car for this event.

Please help me with the track choice.

The Wayfaerer

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Maybe Circuit Bugatti in Le Mans, then i would be a kind of Mini Le Mans race

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
A British touring car championship would be cool, the BTCC uses most of the British circuits in Pcars2.

Similar to the last revolution cup in terms of season layout:
Brands Hatch Indy,
Donnington,
Silverstone short,
Oulton,
Snetterton,
Knockhill
finishing with Brands Hatch GP.

Each event could consist of 2-3 races as in real life, first race grid is from quali, and last race is a reverse grid

I would also like to see custom liveries more in Pcars2 races but only for big events/seasons for example.

The Wayfaerer

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
i would definitely suggest an Indycar season:
Long Beach
Texas Oval
Watkins Glen
CoTA
Sonoma/Road America
The Grand Season Finale: Indianapolis 250 or even 500 (when doing the 500 maybe even with double points like in real Indycar series)

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
i would definitely suggest an Indycar season:
Long Beach
Texas Oval
Watkins Glen
CoTA
Sonoma/Road America
The Grand Season Finale: Indianapolis 250 or even 500 (when doing the 500 maybe even with double points like in real Indycar series)

lets go with the full indy 500 as a finale!

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Kind of some ideas for Revolution Cup in Pcars 2:

BTCC with "Touring Car" class (4 cars), then Clio Cup as tier 2/Am class race
Basically follows BTCC's calendar and race structures, then replace Thruxton with Silverstone-Classic GP, then Rockingham with Indianapolis-Road Course (since there are some similarities between them:p)

Classic DTM with DTM cars in Gr. A class
(Roughly follow DTM and later ITC's schedule over the years)Zolder, Nurburgring-GP(without Arena), Donington-National, Hockenheimring-Classic, (maybe Nurburgring-Nordschleife), Brno, Silverstone-National, then Sakkito

And yeah, maybe a short Stock car season:
Daytona, Texas, Watkins Glen, Sonoma, Indianapolis, then Daytona again, Texas again

Jesper Ramsberg

Community Member
Reaction score
Maybe I have starten something bad now(with tagging everyone). I got @t0daY telling not tog tag all members as that is for important only messages.

Saying so others van learb from my mistake
--- Double Post Merged, Jul 26, 2017 ---
And dont write on your phone as every word gets spelled incorrectly

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Still want to do an open wheel (FC) league/ sprint series. Would love to do it on the old, original/ 'retro' F1 tracks
All the downforce, or none at all, the thing is pretty good, not insanely powerful either, so the emphasis is on the driver handling through the corners, though the 'engineers' will be more suited once they figure out a good car setup/ baseline to work from.
Only issue is minor contact *will* damage the car (or it does in pCars1)

Stitch

Community Member
Reaction score
I'd personally quite like to see two things; multi-class races, since this is now being supported from the get-go, allowing up to four classes and the ability to pick those four, and team-based racing. Always liked the idea of having teammates on the field trying to fight with and work with you.

The Wayfaerer

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
we were already doint this also in pCars 1, and as it made the events even more interesting i think this things will also return for pCars 2

Stitch

Community Member
Reaction score
we were already doint this also in pCars 1, and as it made the events even more interesting i think this things will also return for pCars 2

Awesome, love the idea. Also, I know this is a little off-topic, but is there a reason you guys favour teamspeak over something like discord? I only bring this up because I know very few people who still use TS seeing as discord does everything TS does, only it has more options for implementing roles, and events and so on. Seems like it would be a better option.

SlowBloke

Community Member
Reaction score
Multiclass is a no brainer - but would love the faster guys in the slower cars - let them worry about being lapped and it gives the slower guys a really welcome change (and also gives them experience of overtaking vs looking in the mirror all the time).

Endurance not my thing - I cant concentrate that long but I'm all for sprint races with reverse grids. 2nd race definitely will be an exciting start as the fast guys try to get past the slower ones up front.

Now we have some modern Touring Cars maybe replicate a BTCC season with 2 or 3 races a day - again with the reverse grid for the last race as per the real thing.

Although I love driving some of the faster cars they tend to end up in more contact as the reaction time is reduced.

We should give the ovals a go but I suspect it will be a painful experience as I believe this is a whole different skill set required.

I do worry it will be a snoozefest though for some of us but at least lets try it.

Stitch

Community Member
Reaction score
Multiclass is a no brainer - but would love the faster guys in the slower cars - let them worry about being lapped and it gives the slower guys a really welcome change (and also gives them experience of overtaking vs looking in the mirror all the time).

Endurance not my thing - I cant concentrate that long but I'm all for sprint races with reverse grids. 2nd race definitely will be an exciting start as the fast guys try to get past the slower ones up front.

Now we have some modern Touring Cars maybe replicate a BTCC season with 2 or 3 races a day - again with the reverse grid for the last race as per the real thing.

Although I love driving some of the faster cars they tend to end up in more contact as the reaction time is reduced.

We should give the ovals a go but I suspect it will be a painful experience as I believe this is a whole different skill set required.

I do worry it will be a snoozefest though for some of us but at least lets try it.

I personally love endurance races purely for that reason. It's no longer a measure of just driving ability, but more so about strategy and the mental endurance. Ovals, personally, yeah - I think that'll be a snoozefest. Just constantly turning left, it's just lifting off the throttle a little here and there for certain corners, I can imagine that would become incredibly boring really fast.

Alex Salmon

Community Member
Reaction score
Where do I start, the obvious ones have been mentioned in the TCR/ BTCC and the Indycar championships (duh) and I also would like to see a mini-ranking for endurance races, we have the capability to do the majority of the 24h races and we can feed them into a wider championship so for example the Daytona 2.4h could take place in January to coincide with the actual race and then we can do, say Lemans in July or Dubai before Daytona in early January and it could feed into the same ranking system for modern endurance races. You also have lots of class options with the different events running to different rules, the touring cars and the GT4 can be used for the 2.4 of Nords and Dubai with the gt3 and we can run IMSA at spec at Daytona with P2, GTLM and GTD (gt3). In my head its the perfect mini championship that spans a year long.

I also want to see a take on the classic 1000km of Monza with the Ferrari 330/p4 and the Ford gt 40 mk4 as I think classic endurance will be mad.

oh and group C racing

...and kart racing

.......and RX events

the list continues.... :D
--- Double Post Merged, Monday at 11:19 AM ---
Oh, also on a side note if I dont get to race long beach at least once every month, I will get violent... :D :D :D

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Awesome, love the idea. Also, I know this is a little off-topic, but is there a reason you guys favour teamspeak over something like discord? I only bring this up because I know very few people who still use TS seeing as discord does everything TS does, only it has more options for implementing roles, and events and so on. Seems like it would be a better option.

One of the main reasons is that we are sponsored by TeamSpeak. We tried out Discord for couple days (when our teamspeak server was down) and most of our members disliked it, me included. So we are staying with TeamSpeak :)

And that Discord has more and better options is a rumour IMO ;)

Stitch

Community Member
Reaction score
One of the main reasons is that we are sponsored by TeamSpeak. We tried out Discord for couple days (when our teamspeak server was down) and most of our members disliked it, me included. So we are staying with TeamSpeak :)

And that Discord has more and better options is a rumour IMO ;)

Fair enough, wasn't aware you were sponsored either. :)

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Well after seeing nearly all the cars and tracks i have a list as long as the earth lol...
And if the admins need anymore people to run up coming events i shall put my name forward..

SlowBloke

Community Member
Reaction score
Not Race as such - but I used to really enjoy the TT challenges we did in the past when - that was always a nice goal driven thing you could do in your own time but still feel part of something. Ofcourse Cluck tends to rule the roost (see what I did there...) but it was still an enjoyable alternative to racing.

Users who are viewing this thread