Project CARS 2 Race Ideas (1 Viewer)

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Could only restore the first out of three pages. Apologies, but better than nothing I guess :)

Stitch

Community Member
Reaction score
Only two requests I'd personally like to see would be a GT3 endurance series, (I know GT3 is common, but it's a personal favourite for me) and team races. I heard they're giving support for team races, so perhaps mixing these two would be possible. Having an endurance series in which we have teammates, for both individual driver points and team points.

Don't know exactly how the team works, though they confirmed on Twitter and Youtube there would be support for it. That's the only things on my wishlist. :oops::oops::oops:

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Only two requests I'd personally like to see would be a GT3 endurance series, (I know GT3 is common, but it's a personal favourite for me) and team races. I heard they're giving support for team races, so perhaps mixing these two would be possible. Having an endurance series in which we have teammates, for both individual driver points and team points.

Don't know exactly how the team works, though they confirmed on Twitter and Youtube there would be support for it. That's the only things on my wishlist. :oops::oops::oops:

What do you mean exactly with "Team Racing"?

Stitch

Community Member
Reaction score
What do you mean exactly with "Team Racing"?

Team racing, as in, each driver is competing for a win towards a driver standings, like a regular championship. Your position earns you points, but in addition to this, there's a separate championship for teams, or manufacturers. You see this a lot, especially in GT racing, where you would have two cars per team. Honestly, to me it doesn't matter how it's done, I just like the idea that we're not alone in a race, that instead, you have a teammate you're competing with and working with, and can tune cars together etc.

I'll see if I can find the Youtube video where you spoke about it, because I don't remember exactly how they said it would be implemented, though it was confirmed.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Team racing, as in, each driver is competing for a win towards a driver standings, like a regular championship. Your position earns you points, but in addition to this, there's a separate championship for teams, or manufacturers. You see this a lot, especially in GT racing, where you would have two cars per team. Honestly, to me it doesn't matter how it's done, I just like the idea that we're not alone in a race, that instead, you have a teammate you're competing with and working with, and can tune cars together etc.

I'll see if I can find the Youtube video where you spoke about it, because I don't remember exactly how they said it would be implemented, though it was confirmed.

You mean something like that? - https://revolutionsimracing.com/threads/split-1-results-standings.702/

Stitch

Community Member
Reaction score

Yeah, exactly.

That's the video, it's an hour long video so I don't remember exactly in it where they spoke about it, but at the time stamp of 36 Minutes, 54 seconds, on the online championship screen you have the option to add drivers, but then also add drivers to a team roster. So, yeah. Drivers and teams have individual standings, that's personally what I would love to see, perhaps mixed with a GT3 class and as endurance races, so it's as close to the real thing. :):):)

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Yeah, exactly.

That's the video, it's an hour long video so I don't remember exactly in it where they spoke about it, but at the time stamp of 36 Minutes, 54 seconds, on the online championship screen you have the option to add drivers, but then also add drivers to a team roster. So, yeah. Drivers and teams have individual standings, that's personally what I would love to see, perhaps mixed with a GT3 class and as endurance races, so it's as close to the real thing. :):):)

We do that already for 2 seasons now :p But I also doubt we will use the Online Championships, we will do again our own "thing" :)

Stitch

Community Member
Reaction score
We do that already for 2 seasons now :p But I also doubt we will use the Online Championships, we will do again our own "thing" :)

Why wouldn't you use the online championships? From what they've shown and said about it, it's supposed to make it easier for leagues like us to host championships. It tracks points for drivers and teams, shows upcoming events etc. I really liked the idea personally, if it's as good as they say, it just makes tracking events much easier. :oops:

Edit: They also mentioned the ability for admins to award penalties after races, change events/times etc as you need. Sounds ideal? No?

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Why wouldn't you use the online championships? From what they've shown and said about it, it's supposed to make it easier for leagues like us to host championships. It tracks points for drivers and teams, shows upcoming events etc. I really liked the idea personally, if it's as good as they say, it just makes tracking events much easier. :oops:

Edit: They also mentioned the ability for admins to award penalties after races, change events/times etc as you need. Sounds ideal? No?

We do this already a long time with Project CARS^^ I do think it will make things easier for a loose group of people creating a Championship without any hassle. But for a rather big and structured community like us, it won't be needed, again in my opinion.

Happy to give it a try once the game is out, but I do not think it will satisfy our needs :)

Stitch

Community Member
Reaction score
We do this already a long time with Project CARS^^ I do think it will make things easier for a loose group of people creating a Championship without any hassle. But for a rather big and structured community like us, it won't be needed, again in my opinion.

Happy to give it a try once the game is out, but I do not think it will satisfy our needs :)

Hm, I think it's worth trying. I've not seen what's it's like, perhaps I'm on odd one here, but I personally find it much easier and more engaging to use features similar to the proposed championship series, purely because all the information regarding the championship will be there and visually, because it's officially implemented into the game, it'll likely be cleaner. I might just be an odd one out in that regard, but idk, your the boss. :pompous:

Gxbbs

Community Member
Reaction score

This is all stuff we have had to create ourselves and it has worked for a long time and will work for even more time. It may be good for viewing on the game but how would it integrated with the website? Simple answer, it probably won’t. So it’s probably the best idea to continue using our own methods which IMO still looks pretty damn good.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Hm, I think it's worth trying. I've not seen what's it's like, perhaps I'm on odd one here, but I personally find it much easier and more engaging to use features similar to the proposed championship series, purely because all the information regarding the championship will be there and visually, because it's officially implemented into the game, it'll likely be cleaner. I might just be an odd one out in that regard, but idk, your the boss. :pompous:

No no, it is totally fine. As I said, once the game is out and it is fully implemented we can have a look into it. Never shoot something down before you tried it out.

This is all stuff we have had to create ourselves and it has worked for a long time and will work for even more time. It may be good for viewing on the game but how would it integrated with the website? Simple answer, it probably won’t. So it probably the best idea to continue using our own methods which IMO still looks pretty damn good.

That is one of my main argument, the implementation into the website will be rather difficult. And simply screenshot it and display it somewhere does not satisfy me :D

Stitch

Community Member
Reaction score
This is all stuff we have had to create ourselves and it has worked for a long time and will work for even more time. It may be good for viewing on the game but how would it integrated with the website? Simple answer, it probably won’t. So it’s probably the best idea to continue using our own methods which IMO still looks pretty damn good.

Can I make a suggestion? If you guys choose to continue with doing it via website, for people like myself who are more visual based, could we have like, proper graphics and charts made opposed to basic grid boxes? I always find the forum formatting for these kind of things really awkward to read.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Can I make a suggestion? If you guys choose to continue with doing it via website, for people like myself who are more visual based, could we have like, proper graphics and charts made opposed to basic grid boxes? I always find the forum formatting for these kind of things really awkward to read.

Proper graphics? Okaaay...

Gxbbs

Community Member
Reaction score
Define proper graphics

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Time to introduce @t0daY to MS Excel :smuggrin:

Stitch

Community Member
Reaction score
Proper graphics? Okaaay...

I don't know how you guys normally do it, but based on the link you showed me it's formatted within the forums as like a table? That's the kind of thing that for me personally, I find very awkward to look at. I just mean what you could do instead is have a standings sheet made as an image, in Photoshop or InDesign or something, and have the standings put onto that, so functionality is still there, but the presentation is much, much cleaner. So you combine the functionality and freedom of having a website with the crisp visuals and display that something like the championships in game would offer. I used to do this with the old league I was in, made them custom banners and such for each event. It just added presentation and ease of use to the functionality.

Define proper graphics

See stuff like this? It might not offer freedom a website can give, but visually, it's much easier to look at and know what's going on, at least in my opinion. It's nicer on the eyes. Just something like that, where you would have a custom standings table like the one in the image, and perhaps individual banners for track/car combinations, and time and such. It's not that much work, honestly, something like this you could make as a template and just edit it for each event. If it's something you guys are open to, I could see about doing some test samples over the next few days and send them over, just to give an idea of what it could look like. Like I say, it's just about presentation for me. Something like this is much easier on the eyes than an excel sheet.

No offence @t0daY, your sheets are beautiful. :oops:

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I don't know how you guys normally do it, but based on the link you showed me it's formatted within the forums as like a table? That's the kind of thing that for me personally, I find very awkward to look at. I just mean what you could do instead is have a standings sheet made as an image, in Photoshop or InDesign or something, and have the standings put onto that, so functionality is still there, but the presentation is much, much cleaner. So you combine the functionality and freedom of having a website with the crisp visuals and display that something like the championships in game would offer. I used to do this with the old league I was in, made them custom banners and such for each event. It just added presentation and ease of use to the functionality.

See stuff like this? It might not offer freedom a website can give, but visually, it's much easier to look at and know what's going on, at least in my opinion. It's nicer on the eyes. Just something like that, where you would have a custom standings table like the one in the image, and perhaps individual banners for track/car combinations, and time and such. It's not that much work, honestly, something like this you could make as a template and just edit it for each event. If it's something you guys are open to, I could see about doing some test samples over the next few days and send them over, just to give an idea of what it could look like. Like I say, it's just about presentation for me. Something like this is much easier on the eyes than an excel sheet.

No offence @t0daY, your sheets are beautiful. :oops:

I get your point but I am happy with what we have right now :)

Lets maybe try to stay a little bit more on topic, race ideas was the name of the thread or?^^

I get your point but I am happy with what we have right now :)
Lets maybe try to stay a little bit more on topic, race ideas was the name of the thread or?^^

I have to revoke my first sentence! I am happy to see some examples, maybe something good gets out of it!

Sent you an Inbox message :)

SharkyOB

Community Member
Reaction score
A British touring car championship would be cool, the BTCC uses most of the British circuits in Pcars2.

Similar to the last revolution cup in terms of season layout:
Brands Hatch Indy,
Donnington,
Silverstone short,
Oulton,
Snetterton,
Knockhill
finishing with Brands Hatch GP.

Each event could consist of 2-3 races as in real life, first race grid is from quali, and last race is a reverse grid

I would also like to see custom liveries more in Pcars2 races but only for big events/seasons for example.

This sounds pretty much perfect to me, although I wouldn't see any need to stick to the exact circuit layouts used in the BTCC, as we don't need to worry about keeping crowds happy.

For example, I'd rather use the International layout of Silverstone as the National one isn't that interesting to drive. I'd also prefer to use Snetterton 200 instead of the 300 layout which just adds length and nothing else to the track!

Maybe we could throw in Cadwell as a wildcard too?

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
This sounds pretty much perfect to me, although I wouldn't see any need to stick to the exact circuit layouts used in the BTCC, as we don't need to worry about keeping crowds happy.

For example, I'd rather use the International layout of Silverstone as the National one isn't that interesting to drive. I'd also prefer to use Snetterton 200 instead of the 300 layout which just adds length and nothing else to the track!

Maybe we could throw in Cadwell as a wildcard too?
true, we dont have to but it would be nice to drive the circuits. your right about silverstone however i wouldnt use the international but instead the silverstone classic then we would have a high speed thruxton like circuit. hmm maybe cadwell too

Users who are viewing this thread