Project CARS 2 Race Ideas (1 Viewer)

SharkyOB

Community Member
Reaction score
true, we dont have to but it would be nice to drive the circuits. your right about silverstone however i wouldnt use the international but instead the silverstone classic then we would have a high speed thruxton like circuit. hmm maybe cadwell too

Maybe both? International instead of national and classic instead of Thruxton :)

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Maybe both? International instead of national and classic instead of Thruxton :)
yeh why not. once pcars 2 is out i will suggest it properly as a mini series

Stitch

Community Member
Reaction score
Classic or GP, personally I think national and International versions are incredibly dull.

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Classic or GP, personally I think national and International versions are incredibly dull.
well my vote is with classic

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Remember that Cadwell has only 12 grid slots. Won't work in a league :(

Stitch

Community Member
Reaction score
Remember that Cadwell has only 12 grid slots. Won't work in a league :(

Does the game not adjust depending on the amount of cars, similar to how pcars 1 did it? I mean, so long as you don't go mad and put 32 cars, it should be ok? Then again, I don't know what size you typically host lobbies as.

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Does the game not adjust depending on the amount of cars, similar to how pcars 1 did it? I mean, so long as you don't go mad and put 32 cars, it should be ok? Then again, I don't know what size you typically host lobbies as.
no it doesnt. thinking about it Silverstone classic only has 18slots. Most lobbies are set to max 32

Stitch

Community Member
Reaction score
no it doesnt. thinking about it Silverstone classic only has 18slots. Most lobbies are set to max 32

Hm, well, perhaps 2 lobbies is an option if you wanted to do smaller grid tracks?

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Hm, well, perhaps 2 lobbies is an option if you wanted to do smaller grid tracks?
maybe but i would expect it to remain as 1 lobby with tracks capable of full grid.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Normal events we can do for sure but for a league with regular 20+ starters per split it won't be possible to drive such low numbered grid tracks.

Our last season we had 50+ sign ups. That would be 5 lobbies for Cadwell, no thanks :D

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Speaking of next season of Revolution Cup, maybe we can study the method of our American neighbour--PRD, to do a race on week day and another on weekends? Or maybe a weekday championship and a weekend championship
(yeah I just can't drive on weekdays at all, otherwise I have to quit school for racing XD)

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Normal events we can do for sure but for a league with regular 20+ starters per split it won't be possible to drive such low numbered grid tracks.

Our last season we had 50+ sign ups. That would be 5 lobbies for Cadwell, no thanks :D
my thoughts exactly hence my track suggestion. 5 lobbies....combining results would be a long process

Speaking of next season of Revolution Cup, maybe we can study the method of our American neighbour--PRD, to do a race on week day and another on weekends? Or maybe a weekday championship and a weekend championship
(yeah I just can't drive on weekdays at all, otherwise I have to quit school for racing XD)

Weekday/weekend races wouldnt work too well for big events as some people would loose out if they are busy on weekends. for league its good having it set to 1 day

Stitch

Community Member
Reaction score
Kind of on and off topic, with team racing, how do you guys do the point system? Say, 2 drivers per team, what if one doesn't make it? How do you guys normally handle that?

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Kind of on and off topic, with team racing, how do you guys do the point system? Say, 2 drivers per team, what if one doesn't make it? How do you guys normally handle that?

If you do not attend a race, 0 points.

Nighttiger

Community Member
Reaction score
I don't know how you guys normally do it, but based on the link you showed me it's formatted within the forums as like a table? That's the kind of thing that for me personally, I find very awkward to look at. I just mean what you could do instead is have a standings sheet made as an image, in Photoshop or InDesign or something, and have the standings put onto that, so functionality is still there, but the presentation is much, much cleaner. So you combine the functionality and freedom of having a website with the crisp visuals and display that something like the championships in game would offer. I used to do this with the old league I was in, made them custom banners and such for each event. It just added presentation and ease of use to the functionality.

See stuff like this? It might not offer freedom a website can give, but visually, it's much easier to look at and know what's going on, at least in my opinion. It's nicer on the eyes. Just something like that, where you would have a custom standings table like the one in the image, and perhaps individual banners for track/car combinations, and time and such. It's not that much work, honestly, something like this you could make as a template and just edit it for each event. If it's something you guys are open to, I could see about doing some test samples over the next few days and send them over, just to give an idea of what it could look like. Like I say, it's just about presentation for me. Something like this is much easier on the eyes than an excel sheet.

No offence @t0daY, your sheets are beautiful. :oops:

#offtopic Well I am pretty skilled with Illustrator and building infographics and such, if you need help I can help out with teaching or helping somewhere else

Neyrox

Community Member
Reaction score
What about a Kamel GT league with the GTO class and Group C's at American high downforce circuits.

Users who are viewing this thread