Project CARS 2 Revolution Cup - Rd 1: Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya (1 Viewer)

Revolution Cup - Rd 1: Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya
Posted by m4nu
Project CARS 2
Thursday, May 28, 2020 - 19:30
Until: Thursday, May 28, 2020 - 23:59
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Iceman07

Community Member
Reaction score
First corner crash

I was a little bit upset that I got crashed out in the first corner, but after watching the repay I was just having bad luck and was in the wrong place :rolleyes: (im in the red Merc on the outside of the corner).
I went from p2 all the way back to around p20 :(

Last edited:

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
First race I had a good quali starting 8th, and a good start....then as i lost the front left I started making mistakes. Dropped a lot of places and ended up 21st. Apologies to anyone I got in the way of or hit, I think @The Breeze got the worst so very sorry to him.

Race 2 starting in 21st I just wanted a clean race, took a gamble, and fuelled up my Quali setup tweaked the rads and brake ducts and went for it. Went around the outside of turn 1 and just drove through all of the carnage completely unscathed, in P10 or P11, very lucky indeed. I was praying there wouldn't be a restart :p. Drove a pretty steady race, keeping it clean and ended up in a great battle with @UnstopaPaul after my pitstop, managed to pass him with the fresh tyres. I'd been doing really well into t1 then someobe took out the 100m board and I didn't notice it wasn't there until it was too late, and Paul managed to pass me. I fought hard to get back at him but he had far superior drive out of the final corner, and even though I could catch him slowly around the rest of the circuit there was not a lot I could do, but still managed to finish P10. Really enjoyed race 2, feels like I'm getting back into the groove. Hope I can be a bit more consistent next round.

Thanks guys a pleasure as always.
A fun battle for sure! You kept me honest the whole way to the end

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score
First corner crash

I was a little bit upset that I got crashed out in the first corner, but after watching the repay I was just having bad luck and was in the wrong place :rolleyes: (im in the red Merc on the outside of the corner).
I went from p2 all the way back to around p20 :(
I also checked my replay and it was absolutly not your fault, but you were destroyed in the first corner nearly as badly as I was :(

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Puh, tough 2 races. First race was awesome, finished in P2. Second race, well lets come to race 2.

First of all apologies to all for turn 1. I broke a tad too late and tapped @Puffpirat which added to the pile up in turn 1 :(

Last 3 laps @CatchAGlimpse chased me down and this happened:

I was quite frustrated at the point but after reviewing it again and talking to Catch I think this is a racing incident. I am not defending completely and Catch goes for it. I also would like to apologize for calling you out in TeamSpeak that this was not a nice move without taking a proper look.

See you all next week :)

Laiders

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Had good fun again tonight guys. First race was a good scrap.

Unfortunately second race didn’t go to plan, @daniel v looks like the lag caught us out/turned a door rub into sending me into the barriers. Then I had the wrong pit strategy selected so had to stop a second time to get the tyres.

Looked like @Jonno and @Raigore were having a fantastic battle when they lapped me at the end :D

Looking forward to Silverstone, will have to get some more practice in and remember to select the correct pit strategy!

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score
All in all it's good to be back finally with a steering wheel that does not wobble around. First Race was good hard sweaty fun ^^
Really nice racing with @FuBii, @Explousion, @Eugene Flerko in R1
R2 was let's say not an argument for reversed grids. Ppl that were reversed back are too eager, ppl that were reversed to the very front find themselves in an unfamiliar positions with eager ppl in their back. However I had to pit and repair the car but hustled back to P13 in the end.

Last edited:

daniel v

Community Member
Reaction score
Total dissaster for me being crashed on both races, the 2nd was the one that most hurt me. I started 20, and was able to go up to 12, then someone crashed me and again down to 21, i recovered my self up to 12, but then my pit stop was bugged, it didint changed my tires and i try it 2 times. Also i watch the race from the pit box, and i can tell some of the front row wasnt respecting the track.
Post automatically merged:

Had good fun again tonight guys. First race was a good scrap.

Unfortunately second race didn’t go to plan, @daniel v looks like the lag caught us out/turned a door rub into sending me into the barriers. Then I had the wrong pit strategy selected so had to stop a second time to get the tyres.

Looked like @Jonno and @Raigore were having a fantastic battle when they lapped me at the end :D

Looking forward to Silverstone, will have to get some more practice in and remember to select the correct pit strategy!
Yeah, i was going to ask you what happened until you guys call lag, because i was pretty sure i did not touch you and give you plenty of space. Sorry about that mate

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
well what can i say... RACE 1 went great after my super p'16 in quali :woot::woot::woot: in haste i hit start race and had 4'l of fuel to play with i may of been a rocket at the start gaining 10 spots on the 1st lap it was soon short lived when i had to pit and ended up dead last race over...

RACE 2
Well this is were it turned around for me i was p'22 at the start by the end of the 1st corner i was p'7 got up to 6th i believe and held it for awhile i then come across people leaving pits either from earlier crashes or just wanting to pit early with 12 minz gone i decided to dive in the pits let them pass and come out clear track. it kind of worked i managed to jump a few people and made my way back to 7th..i had a very quick @CatchAGlimpse catching me and alto track limits were a bit err-mm shall we say shaved by us(i wont hold it against you lol) i managed to fend him off for a few laps he then sold me a dummy and stupidly i accepted lol leaving the door open i tried to fight back but this completely ate my tires (being on practically stock setup) i finally though i'm good here until @Raigore come out the pits just behind me and @Taorminator was close behind him we had a fantastic battle and @Taorminator got the best of us both down to my own stupidity. i could manage the gap to @Raigore and was happy with that until i put a wheel on the grass and speared off in to the gravel.. luckily found some tarmac but let @Raigore go as i cut the track and would of gained an advantage.. but man what a fight to the end with him try as i might i couldn't place the car to pass i had far superior speed and exit speed but that Astra was so nimble he could cut me off before i could get a run on him.. great racing guys was real fun..

Last edited:

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
lol the moment abit of poo come out

and the remaining battle between me @Taorminator and @Raigore

daniel v

Community Member
Reaction score

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
dont suppose anyone would be kind enough to share replay of race 2 please want to see if our battle looked as good externaly as it felt lol

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
I lost 5 to 7 positions during my pit stop because someone occupied my pit box. Pitted in 4th position, finished 11th :confused:
For next race.... if pit crew doesn't show this sign..... it's not your pit crew! :rolleyes:

20200529_162022.png

Didn't have all of the luck yesterday but overall I'm still improving :woot::woot::woot:

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score
I lost 5 to 7 positions during my pit stop because someone occupied my pit box. Pitted in 4th position, finished 11th :confused:
For next race.... if pit crew doesn't show this sign..... it's not your pit crew! :rolleyes:

View attachment 9083

Didn't have all of the luck yesterday but overall I'm still improving :woot::woot::woot:
If you request the Pit Stop it should show you in advance that your Box is occupied. Am I right or was that just dream I had about a SimRacing-Game with good HUD and UI somewhere far far away in the distance future?

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
If you request the Pit Stop it should show you in advance that your Box is occupied. Am I right or was that just dream I had about a SimRacing-Game with good HUD and UI somewhere far far away in the distance future?
Not a game issue... was a human error. My pit setup was ok. Someone else's wasn't. Probably not correctly saved or selected before the race. I had that once... nowadays I select my pit stategy and make sure I won't hoover with mouse cursor over any other strategy before I hit the back button. Also check and select pit strategy always just before race start.

Eugene Flerko

Community Member
Reaction score
Not a game issue... was a human error. My pit setup was ok. Someone else's wasn't. Probably not correctly saved or selected before the race. I had that once... nowadays I select my pit stategy and make sure I won't hoover with mouse cursor over any other strategy before I hit the back button. Also check and select pit strategy always just before race start.
I believe it has nothing to do with your saved and selected pit strategy. Before going to pits you should request a pit stop from your crew (assign a key for it) and if they are not ready to serve they'll inform you. So you always aware if they're not ready and you have to wait.

Users who are viewing this thread