Project CARS 2 Revolution Cup - Rd 3: Circuit of the Americas National (1 Viewer)

Revolution Cup - Rd 3: Circuit of the Americas National
Posted by m4nu
Project CARS 2
Thursday, June 18, 2020 - 19:30
Until: Thursday, June 18, 2020 - 23:59
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I feel like this is the first race in a long time where we are missing @Eugene Gajkin in the race :eek:
I do believe the last race he missed was in the mini season with the Ferrari's...

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score

Erik

Community Member
Reaction score
We have quite the cold front here, resulting in power cuts as people overload the system. Going to say I won't be able to make it.

I'm having the same problems as Kobus, doubt I will be able to make the race

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Well that is disappointing.

Had an enjoyable first race finishing in P11. Tried to challenge @Imthecrabby but my tyres were getting too hot to stay with him.

Then race 2, started P11. Up into the first corner and on the exit was hit 3-4 times really hard, and flipped onto my side. The cars are only doing like 50mph at this point, so it was some effort to turn me over. Unfortunately I don't have a reset button mapped, so race over for me. I know it's touring cars and rubbing is racing....but that was a bit excessive.

See you at the next round.

Pierre CREUSEVAULT

RSR Academy
Reaction score
A race day to forget :(

Race 1 : Almost stalled, i lost too much time trying to recover but i enjoyed some good fighting with @Born2BSlow and ended up P14

Race 2 : The start wasn't bad but i got caught in the crash at Turn 1, however i recovered quite fast. I found myself fighting against @Born2BSlow (again) for position. With @daniel v in front i tried to take every opportunity but i got a bit too confident and went off track trying to overtake them so i had to give them back the position. 20 minutes before the end i went to pit, just to realise i didn't took the good strategy. I had to go back to the pit in order to change tires which cost me a big amount of time. i was going P15/P16 with my teammate @xIbraGiox but then @The Breeze had his connection lost which promoted us to P14/P15.

Sh*t happens, but we will go back stronger for next race ! ;)

Last edited:

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score
Had a great battle with @Pierre CREUSEVAULT in race 1, my best defensive drive ever. Parking on apexes and using the Mercs grunt to pull away each time. Sorry Pierre, I hope you didn't think I was blocking too much I tried to move early all the time.

Second race a good early battle with Pierre again, but he seemed t olose a lot of time pitting earlier, and I was following my team mate @daniel v for most of the race, our different barking styles (wheel vs controller) meant we got in each others way a bit so sorry for that man, but Pierre was not far behind. I think I'll turn up not having turned a single lap of practice again next race.

@FuBii thanks for the setup I used from your TT ghost it worked well with a little tyre nursing.

Good racing tonight chaps, I enjoyed thar. Cya next time!

Eugene Flerko

Community Member
Reaction score
Short summary of the second race: I still wonder how I managed to get it home in one piece!

On my PC this game freezes in VR from time to time, not in every race but once in two or three races, and usually the freezes are short enough not longer than 1 second. Yesterday I had three quite long freezes within the second race. Two times I almost lost the car due to them. The first dangerous freeze happened when @Taorminator was just behind me in the middle of second sector after sharp right turn, and when I got control over the game my car was behind Tao just before sharp left. I have no idea how my car didn't go straight into wall while the game was frozen.
The second freeze after which the rest of my hair turned gray happened when I was in front of @Imthecrabby just before the esses. (How it looked from his perspective)When the game unfroze I saw me heading sideways towards the walls. Somehow I managed to get control over my car back and avoid the crash.

To summarize what I feel after the race: I love the game, I really love it in VR (imho it's the best VR racer at the moment), but on the other hand I hate it with all my heart for all the small and big bugs it still has (and obviously will never get rid of them).

PS: @The Breeze Sorry for your disconnect. I feel your pain as I had the same issue at silverstone. It was joy to fight with you yesterday!

Last edited:

Taorminator

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Short summary of the second race: I still wonder how I managed to get it home in one piece!

On my PC this game freezes in VR from time to time, not in every race but once in two or three races, and usually the freezes are short enough not longer than 1 second. Yesterday I had three quite long freezes within the second race. Two times I almost lost the car due to them. The first dangerous freeze happened when @Taorminator was just behind me in the middle of second sector after sharp right turn, and when I got control over the game my car was behind Tao just before sharp left. I have no idea how my car didn't go straight into wall while the game was frozen.
The second freeze after which the rest of my hair turned gray happened when I was in front of @Imthecrabby just before the esses. (How it looked from his perspective)When the game unfroze I saw me heading sideways towards the walls. Somehow I managed to get control over my car back and avoid the crash.

To summarize what I feel after the race: I love the game, I really love it in VR (imho it's the best VR racer at the moment), but on the other hand I hate it with all my heart for all the small and big bugs it still has (and obviously will never get rid of them).

PS: @The Breeze Sorry for your disconnect. I feel your pain as I had the same issue at silverstone. It was joy to fight with you yesterday!
Tbh Iracing feels very good in VR as well and eats less ressource. I can stream in Iracing but get very bad stutter when doing the same in pcars2

Eugene Flerko

Community Member
Reaction score
Tbh Iracing feels very good in VR as well and eats less ressource. I can stream in Iracing but get very bad stutter when doing the same in pcars2
Their pricing is too much. I don't like subscription payment scheme

Taorminator

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Their pricing is too much. I don't like subscription payment scheme
Me neither but now that I made the jump I enjoy it for everything it does well. Just wanted to point that you re right pcars 2 does very incredibly well and I just found Iracing does as well. ACC on the other hand is not doing well I get nausea and the game doesn't look has good as pcars in VR

Eugene Flerko

Community Member
Reaction score
Me neither but now that I made the jump I enjoy it for everything it does well. Just wanted to point that you re right pcars 2 does very incredibly well and I just found Iracing does as well. ACC on the other hand is not doing well I get nausea and the game doesn't look has good as pcars in VR
Kunos just f...d up with VR implementation in Unreal Engine. Their excuses that the graphics engine is the cause of bad VR performance are BS. To be honest I'm really surprised that they managed to f...k it up with the most VR friendly game engine :)

Taorminator

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I was really not in good shape yesterday... 0.5s off my own practice pace, no grip in any phase of the corner. The setup felt like crap to me but since my teamate @CatchAGlimpse managed to be on top I guess the blame must be on my own bad driving. I had an excellent battle with @t0daY in R1 so at least the fun was there :) R2 was a bit boring, I didn't have enough pace to challenge anyone so I gambled to pit early which kinda work on the short term but left me agonizing towards the end. I hope I feel the car better next round

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score
I had a phase in the first race where the car was very weird. At about half race when the tires overheated badly as expected it was more predictabel. Really bad and unenjoyable to drive, but predictable. Just glad we are thru with this tack and conditions not a good combo for a FF-car.

Users who are viewing this thread