Project CARS 2 Revolution Cup - Rd 5: Oschersleben (1 Viewer)

Revolution Cup - Rd 5: Oschersleben
Posted by m4nu
Project CARS 2
Thursday, July 9, 2020 - 19:30
Until: Thursday, July 9, 2020 - 23:59
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Eugene Flerko

Community Member
Reaction score
Confusing race for me. To be clear, during practice withing same weather/time conditions my engine didn't receive more than 25 damage after 45 minutes with radiator open at 50%. To be safe I set radiator opening at 55% for the first race and was really surprised to see 20% damage after 10 minutes of race. A started to shift up much earlier and due to that had no choise but to let @Puffpirat and @t0daY go ahead. On top of that there was a moment when my game froze for couple of seconds, but it was between the turn 3 (Hasseröder) and hairpin, so I didn't crash into anything :) Luckily the gap to @miagi was still big enough to secure the 3rd place in R1.
For R2 i opened radiator up to 75% but as result I didn't manage to have the same pace as I had in practice and I was about 1 second slower. @miagi 's exit out pitlane right in front of me crushed my hope to finish within the first 5 as we had more or less the same pace all the remaining laps of the race.
Despite engine damage confusion and slower pace the both races were clean and nice on my side, hence no disappointments ;)
I'm really happy for my teammate's second win during this cup. Well done @Explousion!

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
My Qualifying lap, went better than expected on my first attempt. Such that I didn't bother going out for another attempt till the very end but having set the wrong setup (I'd already selected for the race) I had to return to pit & lost time. Eventually I missed out on doing another lap by 6s:

Turn one, was a bit of heart break, I'll be honest aha, a small lockup & a slight nudge saw me into the gravel trap. Unable to safely rejoin till after T3 ruined my chances slightly.

The rest of the Sprint Race was a messy affair for me, for those I may have tapped, nudged/ hit, I do apologize. Like @Eugene Flerko, my setup's weren't working quite as they should, both in terms of cooling & braking which caused an unusually large number of lock up's.
Happy for any incidents to be taken to the stewards.
Below is a clip of an incident between myself, @daniel v, @Imthecrabby & also @RdMracer as I came back onto the racing line. I moved to the inside early so my intentions were clear, upon braking had to take avoiding action as Dan moved across which caused me to lock up & go over the kerb sailing into Crabby.

This was a nice little move...

Another mistake on the brakes cost me & poor Danvel dearly, I am so very sorry man

My best overtake of the night maybe?

Race 2 was a much better affair, though having to be defensive against @Puffpirat for the majority of the race was exhausting haha
So everyone can see what a single mistake looks like when you're racing against the legends of RSR... I wanted to cry but was also laughing haha

Last edited:

Pierre CREUSEVAULT

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Highs and lows were there on this race

Quali : I wasn't thinking about making a Quali setup but looking at @FuBii 's lap times i though it was a good idea, and i was pleasantly surprised with a 6th place !

Race 1 : I think i had my first decent start, not spinning the wheels too much, then Super Smash Brawl Turn 1 got a few people in front. Fortunately for me i managed to avoid contact and ended up P4, imagine the panic for a midfielder like me being 4th ! :eek: @miagi quickly gained time and overtook me, leaving me with a strong P5.

Race 2 : @hinesy32 's problem promoted me to P5 and in the left lane, i had a good start and was quickly approaching @Explousion which led me to try overtaking on his right but then... the accident : My proximity sensor wasn't triggered and i went straight into @The Breeze , sending him on a painful crash :( Waiting for him granted me the 13th position so i decided to do an early pit and then maximum attack for the remaining 40 minutes. With a lot of time lost, i was most likely to be second to last if not last but i kept focused and it proved rewarding as more and more drivers got overheating issues. I was happy to have my traditionnal fight with @daniel v but unfortunately his engine was too damaged, which granted me with an 8th place in the end.

I'm very sorry @The Breeze for that accident, i wasn't expecting a sensor issue and that ruined your race :( On a positive side, i feel like i've finally managed to make decent setups for this car, hopefully i can make an even better one for the Bugatti Circuit ! :D @xIbraGiox You did an amazing job making the most of a wheel-based setup with a controller, let's do our best for the last round ! ;)

See you next week ! :)

P.S. Das Schneider Weisse schmeckt gut @t0daY :p

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Championship looks rather interesting just now haha

Users who are viewing this thread