Project CARS 2 RL Event: Sim Racing Expo / Blancpain Series @ Nürburgring | 15-17 Sep 2017 (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
As plans for the next US test trip stand, I probably won't make. I'll only be back one week later. Let's see how this pans out but it doesn't look good.

@falcon2081 how long are you in Germany?

Feanor

Community Member
Reaction score
Nürburgring, Blancpain, Expo, meeting you guys... I'm interested !:)!
No car available :(... so train it is :meh:... about 400 kilometers ... calculating route .... ... ... 10HOURS o_O ????
... last time I checked the Nürburgring was still IN Germany :confused:
... searching some more ... ... LOL, even falcon could be faster to the ring :sour: (well, if he parachuted out of his plane at least)
sometimes public transport sucks:grumpy:
ok, new plan required:cool:
I could rent a car ... ... ... or maybe someone could pick me up somewhere half way ... I CAN be in every major city between Hannover and Frankfurt along the A7/A5 Corridor easily...

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I can pick you up! Is that now 100% in? :D :D

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score

MelBonkers

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I would like to finalize few things this week. Please tell me, by the end of the week, if you are in or not :)

Manu, I can't confirm for 100% at this moment in time. I'm 80% in. Even if I can't make it the whole weekend, I will try to come for at least 1 day. But as I said, at this moment I can't confirm for 100%.

Are you guys camping or renting hotelroom(s)? Let me know what you want to do for places to stay.

BTW: Tickets for the races + racing expo are:
  • €10 for Saturday
  • €20 for Sunday
  • €25 for the whole weekend
That's seriously cheap!

Last edited:

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Important Information

I am extending the deadline. Please let me know until the 26th May if you are to 100% in or not. At a certain point we need to rent something to stay (Hotel, House, etc). So hurry up guys ;)

So far we are 4 people:-

@Elmo @t0daY @Cluck @Blue Monkey

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
95% in. @t0daY , if I go, I could also pick up @Feanor in Frankfurt easily.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
Just asked my wife....
She said a men-weekend is long overdue for me and she's looking forward to have a weekend of silence and peace without me. :p

So make that 100% in. :D

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Just asked my wife....
She said a men-weekend is long overdue for me and she's looking forward to have a weekend of silence and peace without me. :p

So make that 100% in. :D

Winner winner chicken dinner!

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

ramiboo

Community Member
Reaction score

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I AM IN!

Sausage I assume..... :dummy1:
And, with Manu with us, we'll have all the sauerkraut we need.

Sauerkraut. Sour Kraut. No? Nothing? Not even a titter? Surely somebody smiled, somewhere. No? Ah, whatever, I thought it was funny.

Also, ramiboo, when you go to order the Polish sausage, at one of the many eateries, it's pronounced Crack-Whore :). And when you have paid your money and turn to leave, say "Shoes". That should get you through most of the weekend without any trouble.

For the other English amongst us, here's a quick guide to talking in German.

Replace all 'th' with 'z'. Ergo, The becomes ze. Other becomes ozer. W become V and V becomes W. Never, ever, say Volkswagen, say Wolksvagen. Finally, never let the letter 's' be heard clearly, it is absolutely a 'z' in Germany.

Cluck's guide to pronouncing numbers in German. English on the left, how you say it in German on the right.

One - ONE
Two - TWO
Three - THREE
Four - FOUR
Five - FIVE

Basically, it's the same word but shouted. It also helps to hold the correct number of fingers up and thrust them 2cm from the other person's face, that helps. A lot. If that fails and you absolutely must resort to German, here's how you do it.

One - einz (it's like Heinz, but without the h)
Two - ssvai (hiss the first two s's then say legendary guitarist Steve Vai's surname)
Three - Dry (Don't make the mistake of ordering 3 martinis, when the waiter asks you how you would like yours served)
Four - Fear
Five - foooooooompfsydaisy
Six - Sex (then giggle, they appreciate that)
Seven - zeeben (as in, you can zee Ben, he's over there)
Eight - act (like, "act like we're not German, we might get away with it")
Nine - noin (pronounced loin of pork but with an 'n' instead of an 'l'. Again, careful asking for 'loin of pork' in a restaurant, or you might be served 9 crack-whores)
Ten - zayn (as in, Zayn Malik is incomprehensibly famous)

Last edited:

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
Damn this could be THE RSR party of the year haha. :)

Elmo

SMS Developer
Community Member
Reaction score
Since a few guys asked where to rent cars for a few Nordschleife laps, I can recommend this place: http://www.rent4ring.de/en/rentals-for-the-nordschleife.html

They might not be the cheapest, but they don't screw you over with hidden fees or horrendous damage liability. Also their cars are always perfectly maintained.

The track will be open both evenings on Friday and Saturday plus the whole day on Sunday.

I will be offering a few passenger laps in my car, if anyone doesn't want to drive themselves.

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
@Elmo Dibs on being a passenger in your car! Better be ready to explain to me the history of the place lol. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread