Assetto Corsa Round 4 - Detroit Belle Isle (1 Viewer)

Round 4 - Detroit Belle Isle
Posted by Ricardo
Assetto Corsa
Tuesday, May 21, 2019 - 18:00
Until: Tuesday, May 21, 2019 - 23:00
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Bailey8443261

Community Member
Reaction score
Apologies guys. Could even get online so no point even trying to race. I am going to have to excuse my self from this series as my ISP has told me 6-8 weeks to sort my upload issues. I am stuck at 256 K for the forseeable.

MATT1

Community Member
Reaction score
Best race so far. People racing really clean,with respect and good pace. Good battles throughout. It just keeps getting better and better.

Looking foward for the next one.

David Siska

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Oh my! This car on this track was too much!
The understeer when I over-use the brake or gas is terrible. It caused bad situations. I really have to figure out how this car works. My feeling is maybe this car is have to be controlled with pedals rather than the steering wheel.
I don't know why, but this time I couldn't brake that late as everyone else. It surprised some of you behind be.
Sorry if It caused problems.

Last edited:

Stokemon

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Wow, quality racing guys. Great fun, exactly what I signed up for!

Jomba

Community Member
Reaction score
That was some poor driving from my side. Only had time for minimum practice this week, so race pace around 35:0 I was satisfied with. But what good is that when every other lap is 2 seconds slower. Overdriving, overcooking the tyres and hitting the walls, you name it. Just no consistency at all.

It was very frustrating, since "racing" part i did good. I was up in P9 in race two, but then fell down to P16, just by being terrible. :/

Hopefully I find more time to practice for the next round. I feel like I need a lot of practice with this car to be confident and consistent. (At Okayama i did 200 laps of practice, for this race i did maybe 20)

Stokemon

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@Jomba you were going full formula d in every corner! Maybe flicking the steering too harshly?

David Siska

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Oh, I almost forgot: I had some serious lag issues in race 2. My ping went up to 200, and everyone jumped around the track.
Sorry for this. I hope I realized it in time. I moved over when it became serious.

Jomba

Community Member
Reaction score
@Stokemon
It's a combination of different factors, but mainly a bad habit (which is hard to get rid of) of trying to take the corner too fast. This car does not want too be thrown around, it wants too be driven smoothly. That kinda feels counter-intuitive at first, so I really have to make the effort to do it. The less practice I have, the harder it is for me.

Mr AlcoN

Community Member
Reaction score
Hello guys!
Hope you all had fun tonight racing!
Really sry I could not make it.
Became a 16h workday today so had no chance to get home in time..
Will be there for next round though!

Was it a good track to race on?
Never raced it and looked forward to try it out, have to do it next time.
Have a good week chaps!

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Mazy CZ

Community Member
Reaction score
Good racing yesterday on that "not as good track as the others" :)
For first few laps of practice I was a bit down as I was quite inconstistent and especiall at last 2 fast turns it felt like somebody spilled some oil there. It felt so slow there and I was hitting the walls on the outside.

But then people joined and I found myself in the top group with my pace so I was quite happy.
On Qlay, I managed good laps and started 5th I think.

Race1:
start was ok, I jumped @JetPistol by my reaction and was following cars in front. @Alex Salmon drove to the distance and I followed @Puffpirat and @Jeff[NL] . They pulled some gap to me and I was keeping some gap to car behind me. @Jeff[NL] and @Puffpirat had soem battles here and there and that meant I closed the gap. @Jeff[NL] overtook @Puffpirat and soon I managed to overtake @Puffpirat aswell into the braking after the back straight. So I was 3rd with a gap to @Jeff[NL] in front of me and pulling away a bit from @Puffpirat . I settled for 3rd but when the info said "Final lap" I hit the inside wall before the long back straight just slightly and that throwed me into the opposite wall on the outside. I did a donut and luckily @Puffpirat and @JetPistol saw me and avoided me but I was down to 5th. :banghead:

Race 2:
Had normal start and came along with @t0daY. I was on the inside, he on the outside into T1 and T2, but I was driving on the kerb, @t0daY squeezed me just a little bit and we touched and did 90deg halfspin. We both saved it and cars behind us didn't hit us so kudos to all. Not sure if this turned into some pile up down the field.
Down to around 9th and had @JetPistol behind me. Basicly I could see P3 in fornt the whole race so there was some good battles. I think I overtook only @t0daY somewhere but other than that, It was really close driving with the pack. In the end I thin there was contact between me and @steveg200 into T1 , nobody crashed but @JetPistol was very cautious the whole race and always backed off. I came in front after the incident but I let @steveg200 to take my place again. It was like 2 laps to the end and @JetPistol could have been in front of both of us by some time so I eased of on the back straight to let him by. Really nice racing @JetPistol and it is always clean and fair.

Overall, at the beginning I hated the track but in the end it was a challenge to race here and quite fun aswell. Only the graphical side was a bit "last century" compared to other tracks but that is not the main thing in racing :) Looking to the next round.

Stokemon

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Only the graphical side was a bit "last century" compared to other tracks but that is not the main thing in racing :) Looking to the next round.

All tracks are a bit last century graphically when in VR :hilarious: it's fair to say I didn't notice!

kobusnell

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Quite an unforgiving track to join as first race. And quite a large jump from PCars2 LMP3... Still had some nice racing and cool battles I think, except for when I ran into the back of @Darksi :inpain: Sorry again. :(

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
That was a mixed night for me. I had a disastrous qualifying (had to reset my system and only had a bad banker lap); and a rough race 1 (Unlucky to get caught up in @Dangerous Gianetta's hardware failure, thanks for waiting twice though!). Race 2 was more eventful though, I had a enjoyable run from 20th to 13th. I also gradually found the track more and more rewarding as the evening went on, I wasn't much of a fan before. Here's my video:

12:10 - Race 1 start. Gained 4 places up to P14.
19:07 - Up to P13.
20:38 - @Dangerous Gianetta behind has a hardware failure. I get stuck in a bad position have and fall to the back. Followed by pitstop and lonely run around the back.
28:14 - Great sportsmanship from DG.
41:06 - A little bit of excitement, I catch P20 on the last lap, and almost fly into the back of him.
51:48 - Race 2 start. Gained 4 places up to P16
53:53 - Very close to @MATT1 in P15, nearly wipe out in T3. Rubber banding doesn't help!
55:00 - Battle with Matt, a ballsy and very close in T 1&2. I felt contract and saw him bounce off the ball, so I thought I was too rough on him. Like a good little boy I waited for him to have another cleaner crack at it, and fall back to P18.
57:08 - Up to P17.
58:30 - My favorite lap of the evening! Up 2 places in quick succession, with 2 around the outside overtakes in 2 corners.
1:00:00 - Trying to overtake @Darksi, I lose momentum to avoid pancaking him into the wall. @miagi sweeps by in a great opportunistic move.
1:05:06 - I narrowly avoid contact up ahead. More rubber banding making life difficult.
1:06:40 - Up to P12.
1:16:07 - Down to P13. Uneventful run to the finish.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Had normal start and came along with @t0daY. I was on the inside, he on the outside into T1 and T2, but I was driving on the kerb, @t0daY squeezed me just a little bit and we touched and did 90deg halfspin.
I checked the replay and it was such a small contact.. really a shame.. But we didnt really caused a bigger mayhem, was all very smooth although both of our cars were sideways.

Stokemon

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I checked the replay and it was such a small contact.. really a shame.. But we didnt really caused a bigger mayhem, was all very smooth although both of our cars were sideways.

No idea how it didn't get worse. I was almost completely out of control trying to avoid contact. Cracking driving by everyone.

Noztra

Community Member
Reaction score
Qualify: Did a good lap and ended P10, but was still a gap 0.300 up to @David Siska and 0.500 up to @DannyvdMeer and @miagi. Don't think I could have gone much faster, so was pleased with my lap.

Race 1: Was a bit cautious in the start and got jumped by @t0daY. Tried to keep up to the front runners, but they slowly starting to get away. @Ellisimo was in P12 and started to create a gap down to him. Only way I caught up to the guy in front, when they was start fighting. Mid race @miagi closed the gap to me, but down into turn 3, I think me missed his braking point or something and slammed into the rear of my car, sending me into the wall. He waited but i had front, rear and suspension damage. :/ It was a bit annoying since I was P10 at the time and he passed me a couple of corners later.
Later in the race I caught up to @David Siska and he might have braked early or I braked late, but I touched him and spun. I thought the gap down to @Ellisimo was big enough so I could do a 180 turn, but unfortunately I hit him. We battled for the last laps and I passed him and pulled away, but on the start finish straight on the last lap I waited and gave him P11, which was only fair enough since I crashed into him.

Race 2: Due to the crash in the start, I ended up on the left side of @Jeff[NL] going down to turn 3. @Jeff[NL] was getting squeezed a bit by @JetPistol which resulted in I got squeezed and hit the wall on the left, giving me damage right from the start. After that I had some really good battles with @miagi, @Stokemon and @Jomba. @Stokemon would probably have gotten me in the end, if there were 1 or 2 more laps. But great and respectful fighting by him.

Overall could have been much better, but ill take the points and looking forward to the next race. :)

Last edited:

Noztra

Community Member
Reaction score
Quite an unforgiving track to join as first race. And quite a large jump from PCars2 LMP3... Still had some nice racing and cool battles I think, except for when I ran into the back of @Darksi :inpain: Sorry again. :(

Yeah that is a tough one to start out on!

Mazy CZ

Community Member
Reaction score
Yeah and especially on this oily slippery track and T1/2 where you just slide on edge and after start on blue tyres it was just a small nudge but thankfully nothing major happened because of that :)

Users who are viewing this thread