Project CARS 2 Sep 1, 2018 - TT #1 - Caterham SP/300 @ Donington National (1 Viewer)

Sep 1, 2018 - TT #1 - Caterham SP/300 @ Donington National
Posted by m4nu
Project CARS 2
Sunday, September 30, 2018 - 23:00
Until: Sunday, September 30, 2018 - 23:01
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

kobusnell

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
donington.PNG

At last. Was stuck in 7th, gave up for a while, and after deciding to try again tonight, after 36 attempts I finally got a lap together that is basically my limit. At last. Got so irritated that I couldn't join the RSR guys at the top...
I think I'm done with default setup. What a blast, what a challenge. :wacky:

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score
Will have a crack at this tomorrow, not a good start to September, my back went last weekend and now I’ve got a stinking cold...lemsip with honey and whisky is the order of the day, drugs and alcohol ftw baby yeah!.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Current top 5 updated :)

Jomba

Community Member
Reaction score
Good luck and have fun, because fun is what this is all about!

TT event is a great idea, really nice. Only thing i dislike (and why i'm not having as much fun as i would like :)), is the limited push to pass thing. You only get enough for two laps, then you have to restart the TT and that really kills the rythm for me.

So for the future i would suggest a more careful car selection.

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
Almost changed my name into Sir Spinsalot... but after 36 minutes I finally got my first full lap in 1:06.360. With default loose setup the car is pretty nervous and difficult to drive in the beginning... a Formula Renault is very easy to drive compared to this.
I'm sure I should be able to go 3 seconds or more faster... will give it another try this weekend. Great fun, adapting to the car... instead of changing the setup to make things easier for yourself.

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
No time for racing last weekend so gave it another try this evening.
1:05.019, so 1.341 second faster. If the progress continues this way... I will top the default setup chart by the end of the month :)
Made it into the top 100 overall, current position is 61... so next ghost victim on my list will be nr. 60 @Shepard :D

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
No time for racing last weekend so gave it another try this evening.
1:05.019, so 1.341 second faster. If the progress continues this way... I will top the default setup chart by the end of the month :)
Made it into the top 100 overall, current position is 61... so next ghost victim on my list will be nr. 60 @Shepard :D

Oops... totally forgot about KERS... :banghead:

SteveO916

Community Member
Reaction score
on the front page, could we not have a table showing everybodys time to encourage a bit of competition further down the ranks?

kobusnell

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I would like to have a go at the custom setup. Can my current time be logged for the default challenge? I'm afraid I didn't record it, so I cannot give video evidence of the lap, but plan on beating it...

Attachments

• Custom Setup.PNG
    Custom Setup.PNG
    51.2 KB · Views: 414
Last edited:

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@kobusnell - times will be logged for either the default or custom setup, not both. If you want to beat your default setup time and still want your default time to stand in the default table, please wait until the 1st of October before trying a custom setup lap :)

kobusnell

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@kobusnell - times will be logged for either the default or custom setup, not both. If you want to beat your default setup time and still want your default time to stand in the default table, please wait until the 1st of October before trying a custom setup lap :)
Okay, cool, thanks

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
Found me some KERS... don't exactly know how it works but I press the button every time short before I accellerate out of a corner. Unfortunately not enough KERS for an extra lap... so restart the session and have 10 fresh KERS under the button.
Improved 0.6 second (1:04.419) so entered the top 50 :cool:... and still a lot of room for improvement. I think a low 1:03 should be possible for me.
Now on position 46 overall... next ghost to beat is nr. 45 @Owfier.... with KERS of course ;)

Owfier

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Found me some KERS... don't exactly know how it works but I press the button every time short before I accellerate out of a corner. Unfortunately not enough KERS for an extra lap... so restart the session and have 10 fresh KERS under the button.
Improved 0.6 second (1:04.419) so entered the top 50 :cool:... and still a lot of room for improvement. I think a low 1:03 should be possible for me.
Now on position 46 overall... next ghost to beat is nr. 45 @Owfier.... with KERS of course ;)
Pls don't beat my time! Probably the fastest I was able to go! :nailbiting:

Hujkis

Community Member
Reaction score
Hi,
the time I have there now should not be valid. After watching the replay, it is obvious that I had all 4 wheels over the white line in the last chicane.
Tried to beat that time with clean lap, but couldn't make it.
I'm moving now to the new apartment, so I'm not 100% sure I can :(

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Hi,
the time I have there now should not be valid. After watching the replay, it is obvious that I had all 4 wheels over the white line in the last chicane.
Tried to beat that time with clean lap, but couldn't make it.
I'm moving now to the new apartment, so I'm not 100% sure I can :(
For the purposes of time-trial, it doesn't matter. Of course, we'd prefer it if you kept your wheels inside the white lines but we are not going to police this, use the in-game limits :)

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
I made it :)

This is default setup time :)

Desktop Screenshot 2018.09.29 - 23.54.26.52.png

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
My final default setup time 1:03.978

DefaultDoningtonParkCaterhamSP300R.PNG

Unfortunately not a low 1:03 but should definitely be possible, potential showed under 1:03.

Btw, this challenge is a great way to learn new tracks and default (nervous) loose setup seems to be a good training for driving skills... I'm improving all over the place :D

Looking forward to the next RSR TT Challenge! :)

Last edited:

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
That's it for September folks, thank you to everybody for taking part. We'll compile the results shortly so please DO NOT try and improve on your time. Any times set after 23:59 last night will be excluded from the results.

We'll get October's challenge up soon :)

EDIT : We have the results from the TT leaderboards so you are now free to try and improve your times, if you want to run with a custom setup. Please note that your position in our tables will not change.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread