Show off your rigs! (2 Viewers)

Bassetts

Community Member
Reaction score
Holly ball bags batman, something just arrived that caused a small bit of seepage!

View attachment 684

I remember when I had a few packages very similar to that arrive :) fun fun fun :)
I'm going to cry, I was super excited to get the Ally Profile, it's my birthday on Saturday so it was all in at the right time to spend my birthday building my new rig!! Turns out someone in Germany can't measure, 7 of the pieces have been cut too short so it looks like I'll be trying to forget all about it for another week or so to get the replacement parts to me. :banghead:

Aww gutted to hear that, I didn't have a single mistake on mine everything was on the nose even down the correct number of bolts and t nuts, lets hope they get it sorted out for you.

ramiboo

Community Member
Reaction score
Ok boys and girls, I got the time to put my birthday present together yesterday. I'm really happy how it's come out, it's so solid compared to the Playseat Evo. I'm just using the seat off the Evo for now, but will get hold of something else soon.

IMG_3335.JPG IMG_3336.JPG IMG_3338.JPG

Hbuzz

Community Member
Reaction score
Here's mine. I've just recently replaced my trusty G25 wheel as it was beginning to smell electrical after years use. Can't say I'm faster with the CSL yet and preferred the G25 in some areas (yes really - it also seems like Fanatec items require a DIY project for each item!). Currently waiting patiently for the SHH shifter as heel and toe is where it's at and sorts the men from the boys. I expect the tempered glass to break and the whole lot to come crashing down at some point!

Attachments

• IMG_3879.JPG
    IMG_3879.JPG
    277.8 KB · Views: 403
Last edited:

Bassetts

Community Member
Reaction score
Ok boys and girls, I got the time to put my birthday present together yesterday. I'm really happy how it's come out, it's so solid compared to the Playseat Evo. I'm just using the seat off the Evo for now, but will get hold of something else soon.

Love it, have the same hardware as me :), did you sort your steering wheel plate out, was it machining error at the factory ?

ramiboo

Community Member
Reaction score
Love it, have the same hardware as me :), did you sort your steering wheel plate out, was it machining error at the factory ?

Thanks @Bassetts, yes I found a way to use what they sent me. I've been talking to Richard at Sim Labs over email about it. It seems the design changed for some reason, he's not sure why either and has thanked me for highlighting the issue. He's going to make sure the next batch get made to the old and original design and he said he'd send me one once they come in. I've had to use a couple of 90 degree brackets to mount the front. Richard asked me to send a picture of how I've done it so he can send it to others that may struggle.

G

Gopher04

Looking nice and neat Rami, can I ask what height you are? and a ball park figure what the rig worked out at please?

@Hbuzz aren't you a slight bit nervous having your wheel mounted on glass? I know I would be..:nailbiting:

ramiboo

Community Member
Reaction score
I think I'm Gopher sized, 6'4" and shrinking!! :D

Have you used Sketchup before? If so I can send the 3D diagram and you can measure the bits. There's plenty of room, I was worried that the wheel deck would be a little low for my legs, but it's perfect and in fact could move it down a bit and still be fine.

G

Gopher04

Haven't used it before, but would be handy to have the blue print for further down the line.

Hbuzz

Community Member
Reaction score
@Gopher04 I am slightly concerned but not enough for it to put me off. Though that is the reason for the build to spread the load. It's the speakers I've always been worried about at 15kg a piece!

Stitch

Community Member
Reaction score
Here's my setup for the moment, nothing amaaazing, but it works. :eek:

The left, mini monitor is a Wacom Cintiq 12wx, for digital painting and graphic design work; the middle monitor is a 27" ASUS PB287Q 4K UHD Gaming Monitor (3840x2160), which is what I use to to play games in 4K and the left monitor is a HP Pavilion 23" 1920x1080 monitor which is for telemetry, music and other things.

The wheel is a Logitech G29, I used Astro A40 headphones with a mix amp pro and the PC hidden away in the left has a GTX 1070, AMD FX-8350 Black, 16GB RAM and more.. stuff. Also have a 40" mounted to the wall behind, but that's really for movies or LAN games. Does the job, probably going to do a new water cooled build with the Ryzen and get 144hz ultrawide monitors soon-ish, we'll see.

As you can see, my cable management is A grade. :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
Here it is my setup. It is ok for driving but not so much for me entering and exiting this chair. My keyboard is there totally unuseable when in driving mode (I can't move it to the right black stool because of back-cable menagement), so I dont type anything :) Monitor is 27" 144 Asus and because of 70ish cm from eyes, FOV needs to be very small and I don't like it but ok till oculus. When I get Fanatec pedals early this year I had much problems with this playseat challenge, but with this wooden board below (it's from my kid who used it for "climbing" on stuff and painting :D) it nice now - don't have any unwanted movement. After Oculus then I'm going for Omega cocpit and just then it will be top notch.

Last edited:

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
well today i am gutted i nearly had all the money to get my new rig i just needed £100 more and i was going to order it this week.
only to wake up this morning to find a puddle on the floor by the fridge freezer (yey freezer has packed up all food no good) ok i thought ill have to use some to replace the fridge freezer not an issue i can replace it. We go out to the car and Christ sake iv got a bloody puncher (i have no spare) so all in all a really crappy Sunday for me. Rig will be pushed back to probably Xmas now.. seems the only luck i get at the mo is bad luck..

ramiboo

Community Member
Reaction score
We all get tough breaks from time to time. I'm sure you'll bounce back!

ramiboo

Community Member
Reaction score
Rig Update coming!! :D
Screen Shot 2017-04-25 at 08.05.26.jpg

Screen Shot 2017-04-25 at 08.04.49.jpg

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score

ramiboo

Community Member
Reaction score
VR = Divorce

Triples = happy life

No brainier! :D

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
wait til she see's how much space triples take up :p

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
VR = Divorce

Triples = happy life

Women's logic... o_O
My wife would rather buy me a rift than letting me set up a triple screen rig...

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
VR = Divorce

Triples = happy life

I also have many problems with my wife mostly to drive ranked races (It is Manu's fault, he wants to drive that early in the evening :D :p) but if I bring that monster of triple screen and cockpit into our flat, I think that next morning I would be woke up with one on my head ................. :confused: :D

Users who are viewing this thread