Something exciting in the mail for me today (1 Viewer)

Mark

Community Member
Reaction score
Hey guys

Just a quick heads up that the standards for acquiring one of these has dropped to an all time low. They've even let me have one!

Seriously super excited though

G

Gopher04

It looks like some form of racing thingy, but my head hates being at 90°...:depressed::depressed:

Laiders

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Nice one Mark. Got plans to use it?

ramiboo

Community Member
Reaction score
What do you do if your car catches light?

A) Drive faster so the flames go out
B) Drive to the next marshals post where you can get a fire extinguisher
C) Stop the car as soon as possible and get to safety
This was an actual question in the written part of my ARDS test. That was 21 years ago though! LOL

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score

This was an actual question in the written part of my ARDS test. That was 21 years ago though! LOL
Obviously A ... stupid question.

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score

Obviously A ... stupid question.

Answer A) sounds ingeniously legit! :D

Laiders

RSR Academy
Reaction score

What does the chequered flag signal?
A) The start of the race
B) The finish of the race

Somebody failed this on my ARDS day and was politely declined a racing license...

ramiboo

Community Member
Reaction score
What does the chequered flag signal?
A) The start of the race
B) The finish of the race

Somebody failed this on my ARDS day and was politely declined a racing license...
It is an insane test. It's pretty much only assessing if your IQ is more than 1. I suppose I don't blame them, you've got to be a little brainless to be a good racing driver..... xD

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score

D) Wait for rain to come

Mark

Community Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys.

Laiders, yes I do plan to use it next season or possibly toward the end of this one. Got an old e36 almost ready to go. Been building it myself over the last few years and it's finally ready. Just new coilovers to fire, all four wheel bearings and hubs to renew, seat to bolt in, harness mounts to weld in place. Then stickers and we're off!
Anyone got an rsr livery for a bmw? ;)

The written test was dead easy and they still throw in silly questions like Miagi's post.
Thanks for the positive comments!

Laiders

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Excellent Mark. E36s make great race cars, I've spannered on many! Which series are you planning to race in?

It's an addictive, but expensive game! Racing at Mallory tomorrow, was there practising yesterday, fantastic little track and incredibly tricky given that it only has 4 corners! Someone really needs to make a laserscan of this place!

Mark

Community Member
Reaction score
Nice vid. So what's your car?

I'm planning to join the kumho championship next year. Only in class D as am m3 build for class A is a bit out of reach at the moment.

Laiders

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Borrowing my dad's Morgan Roadster with Ford V6, competes in the standard class. We drive it to the circuit! Had a decent qualifying today, 12th on the grid and have the first car in my class next on the grid, he was 0.3 faster, should be a good race...

Mark

Community Member
Reaction score
Congrats on the qualy result. How did the race go? Did you video it?
Just out of interest, what engines are the top class running? Assuming that is they are also in Morgans.

Mark

Community Member
Reaction score
Happy to oblige of course. Although it really doesn't look much yet. At least until it's got some stickers on.

It's been a bit of work. Mostly out of my residential single garage. Currently got an engine in bits for it ready for a bit of freshening up and should be back out on track sometime next month to see if it will all hold together.
http://[URL=http://s241.photobucket.com/user/bagaz2001/media/BMW%20Khumo%20build/8AD067F4-6A7D-404F-A549-288C5F14296F.png.html][IMG]http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff208/bagaz2001/BMW%20Khumo%20build/8AD067F4-6A7D-404F-A549-288C5F14296F.png

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
Happy to oblige of course. Although it really doesn't look much yet. At least until it's got some stickers on.

It's been a bit of work. Mostly out of my residential single garage. Currently got an engine in bits for it ready for a bit of freshening up and should be back out on track sometime next month to see if it will all hold together.

Lovely! I wish I had enough money to spare to build a trackday car for myself...

Users who are viewing this thread