Something exciting in the mail for me today (1 Viewer)

Mark

Community Member
Reaction score
Cheers! Money is the main reason it's taken me so long to do this. 7 years and counting I think so far. It's also the reason I'm doing as much as I possibly can myself.

Photonenbert

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
awesome mate!

what are your mods if i may ask?

like the 318is's sadly though they are not available as a sedan which would be my priority pick as its almost 100kg lighter due to added material in the coupe to compensate for the missing b pillar and to reinforce the car.
at least you missed out on the sunroof :cool::D

nice build, dont wait up on fresh photos I'd be keen for more :)

Mark

Community Member
Reaction score
Mods are minimal due to restrictions in the rules to keep costs down. Exhaust and intake are free. As is suspension except for remote reservoirs.
So I've got a shrouded induction kit and a powerflow exhaust. Coilovers are adjustable gaz units and I've got a nice lightweight set of team dynamics wheels waiting for the control race tyres. Pretty basic really. I've done enough to get me started but plastic windows are on the list.

I would've liked a sedan for those exact reasons. But this one came up too cheap for me to miss so I'm stuck with it. And the less said about my sunroof the better.

Mark

Community Member
Reaction score
I have a feeling that was an option on the 318 is. Although even if it was, it's not permitted. Any Lsd of any kind are not allowed.
Just got to go for good old weight loss and the more challenging at least for me, skill.

I was told by my ards instructor that it would be worth getting a mechanic in to give me a base tune for my first race. That was after he asked me how many people I have on my team. He did chuckle when I told him it was only me..

Mark

Community Member
Reaction score
Sorry but the boss won't allow me to sell to animals. Apparently bananas are not an accepted currency.
Besides that, you're blue. Don't you think you've had enough already?

Laiders

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Car is looking good Mark. I've done a fair bit of spannering on endurance racing M3s. You can take the parcel shelf out with careful work with a spot weld drill, might be tricky if you've put the cage in now though! The standard seat mounts can also be drilled out the same way.

Video of my race at the weekend below. I had an awful start, was distracted by making sure the fly off handbrake had fully released and spent too long in first gear spinning the wheels! Need to practice holding the car with the foot brake and throttle at the same time for my starts. Then wasn't quite brave enough to make a move for the rest of the race on the yellow car, which is identical spec. I was struggling for brakes so was being cautious.

Mark

Community Member
Reaction score
Looks like fun. Shame about your brakes though.
Thanks for the tips regarding the parcel shelf. I will take a look at that.

Laiders

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Looks like fun. Shame about your brakes though.
Thanks for the tips regarding the parcel shelf. I will take a look at that.

For doing the spot welds you can get a special drill bit (search for spot weld removal drill) or it is possible to grind a normal one to the shape. The idea is it only drills out the panel you want to remove, put a screw driver into the gap between panels to create some tension. Once you've drilled through the panel to be removed it will ping off. This way it is possible to remove the spot welded panel leaving the panel below intact.

Users who are viewing this thread