Split 1 - R1: Monza - 5th March 2018 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Driver briefing starts in less than 20 minutes! :)

@Alex Salmon @Battenberg @Cluck @Col_McCoy @Elodyr @EVR Morvic @fab. ICEMAN @Feanor @Hujkis @jamesl91 @JetPistol @miagi @Nighttiger @ProjectPD @Puffpirat @SBart_uk

@CatchAGlimpse @Cornworld @CrisBCros @Dutchtastic @Eugene Flerko @Eugene Gajkin @FlyingKman @grobi0815 @Jonno @Nada @Nakor @SillySausage @steveg200 @stolnikas @Taorminator @TheDoctor46

Cornworld

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
That went well. Loaded two soft and two hard tires. Don't know why it changed the setup, first pit stop, no tire change, second pitstop, changed the tires with the same settings, first landmine oh and the BMW is way to slow for this track. Happy camper me. :eek:\

Ps, can someone from the admins change my status in Teamspeak to green?

Hujkis

Community Member
Reaction score
Nice race guys,
I ran out of fuel in last 30 seconds, had to stop on the grass before the last corner.
I heard people complaining about a stopped car, so I panicked and retired.
Than I heard Jonna, saying hugekiss is all over the place, that only fueled my panic mode and I quit the session all together.
Later I realized people were talking about the other stopped car, in the exit from Ascari...

Sorry I didn't stayed for a chat, I was extremely hot and disappointed...
https://media.giphy.com/media/3oAt21Fnr4i54uK8vK/giphy.gif
@stolnikas Sorry mate! I was P16, could have nursed some points home :(

grobi0815

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Sorry for the bad race from my side. But the braking was just ridiculous for me in the race (I was starting to break at the 150m mark for turn 1, at then end i was breaking before the 200m mark without getting hot breaks).

CatchAGlimpse

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Apologies if my lag caused any issues to anybody's race - I was completely unaware until around 30mins in and then I tried my best to accommodate by not overtaking/not defending overtakes. I sustained 0 damage throughout the race so it was purely lag during this. I streamed the race on YouTube (something I won't be doing next time to help with the lag) and you can see that I never actually hit anyone from my point of view - I just noticed the car in front would leap forward like it had been hit from behind.

Apologies anyone affected :(

On the plus side, I enjoyed running 9th for the 1st 30mins of the race!

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
1. I need to learn how to brake here, because everyone appeared to brake 50m later then me and I was nearly locking up everywhere.
2. Setup... I think code brown was in effect literally as soon as I went over 1% turning the wheel

Still, glad that this is out of the way as I really really dislike Monza.
Porsche #soon

ProjectPD

Community Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, just to let you know:

My race was kinda good. First couple laps I overtook @Puffpirat and @SBart_uk and could even build up a little gap. After 31 minutes my problems started. I doublechecked my race strategy and still, they did not change my tires.

To avoid an advantage I waited for @SBart_uk at the end of the pit exit. The race continued and I had everything under control. Another 10 minutes went by until I tried to lap another car which lost control going into to grass and collected me at the entrance of Ascari. With a damaged car on P4 I was very unhappy.

On the last lap I found a Ford on the back straight with no fuel left so I tried to help him over the start finish line. I did not care about my position, but I did not ran out of fuel! Everything would have gone eokay until a car crashed me 150 meters in front of the start finish line. My car flipped and before I could cross the S/F line the time went down.

From P1 to DNF, nothing worked in this race although I was quite confident during the race. I just want to go to bed and forget about this race.

TheDoctor46

Community Member
Reaction score
The car you tried to push was me. Even tho I kinda appreciated that manouver, we really should leave that for public races. Its distracting for those who still race. :dead: I ran out of fuel w/ 3 laps to go and missed the last opportunity to refuel. I have no idea whatsoever how that could happen... calculated for 40 laps and the car was empty at lap 33 :facepalm: Sorry @miagi for the lost teampoints, we had a rather good run. :cool:

Last edited:

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
That was a rather interesting race guys. Here is the live broadcast:

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Feanor

Community Member
Reaction score
Pretty disappointing race...
The first 5 minutes were absolutely awful. Far too many people seemed to rather play bumper-cars the sim-racing. Shoving me, running me off the road, turning me around in the first chicane... Seriously, how hard can it be to see a bright yellow and loud as hell Corvette?
So I got a fair bit of damage and had to pit after just 4 laps. That meant my tires were deteriorating in the second half of the race, which caused brake lockups and even more tire issues. So thanks a lot!
Some people really have to work on being aware of their surroundings. Because if you don't know whats happening around you, you simply cannot race in a tight pack!

On that topic...
I've seen far too many recordings of drivers having key HUD-elements deactivated. Helpful things like virtual mirror, track map, relative box and proximity indicators. And NO, just having VR is no solution or excuse in this case!
Every driver must know at all times whether someone is next to them and if it is safe to change the line! Now, if you're capable of keeping track of your surroundings without those tools feel free to deactivate them. But if you had any incident where you ran into a car you didn't see or weren't aware of in the last couple of races PLEASE turn these things on. Your feeling of "realism" is not al important than not screwing up someone elses race. Thank you!
And by the way, if you want a Spotter to help assist you, do not use the In-Game Spotter. That thing is slow and ignores half the times when someone actually IS next to you. Crewchief may not be perfect, but it's alot better.
And it's important to remember that Spotter are only an addition to your own awareness, not a replacement! Keep one eye in the mirror at all times.

SillySausage

Community Member
Reaction score
One to forget for Meaty Treat Racing unfortunately. I felt incredibly comfortable and confident in the car and setup for this one after many, many hours of practice and tuning. I equalled my fastest lap in qualifying (1:44.9) which got me P14 for the start which was ok considering the amount of traffic I got (qualifying is never my strong point) but I was a bit worried about being smack bang in the middle of the field going into turn one.

At race start @CrisBCros managed to get a better start and put it up my inside making it three wide which probably wasn't a great idea. I tried to leave as much room as possible with a car on either side but @CrisBCros went slightly deep/wide, meaning I got pinched in the middle and had nowhere to go which unfortunately saw me spin @CrisBCros (only 1 front aero damage for me luckily). From there things just got worse and I was gobbled up by car after car trying to get back to pace and into a rhythm.

The very next lap (lap 2) I got punted in the rear and pushed wide coming into turn one by @Eugene Gajkin I believe after he missed his breaking point I suppose.

The very next lap (lap 3) I got punted in the rear and spun coming into turn one by one of the custom WeatherTech livery Ferraris (@Hujkis or @stolnikas) after they missed their breaking point I suppose...

...did I repeat myself?

After this I was dumped even further back into a hectic pack of 4 or 5 cars going 2 or 3 wide into every corner so I decided to pit very early and get out of there, take my mandatory tyres and try and recover what I could from the race while stretching the tyres. I made it all the way up to P11 by the end, unable to close the gap to @Feanor ahead and with a comfortable gap and pace avantage to those behind I settled in to this position... until fuel came into it.

I ran out of fuel entering the pit lane with 2 laps to go. Braking hard for the speed limit line, I lost all my momentum and was unable to coast and climb the slight rise to my pitbox only 30m in front of me. A retirement for me, a P14 for my teammate @Battenberg which was a good effort after his dramas as well.

I call this artwork: "Where did I get the idea the Ferrari had a 88L tank?"

P.S. Not sure if it was my doing but apoligies to @FlyingKman and @EVR Morvic and the incident they had behind me, I was way off-line in one of the lesmos trying to lap @FlyingKman which meant I got a terrible exit and caused an accordion effect between you two.

SBart_uk

Community Member
Reaction score
A Cracking race from my point of view...

Firstly I think the straight line advantage we all thought the Ford would have doesn't exist.

As for Qually, I managed a decent lap that was thankfully enough to take Pole and take those 2 points. ( I saw on the stream you were wondering when I was going to hit the throttle on the start? I thought I had to wait until I passed the s/f line after getting done for a jump start because I accelerated 2m before the line in the Indycar event?)

I made a few mistakes waiting for my tyres to get up to temp in the first few laps and there was really nothing I could do to maintain P1 with that Vette in the slipstream. @ProjectPD 's Corvette was an absolute beast down the straight.
With that straight line speed and some dirty air it made it almost impossible to get close enough to make a move. A few more small mistakes and I found myself with @Puffpirat breathing down my neck. Luckily @Alex Salmon was giving him some grief and that allowed me to pull a bit of a gap and close back up on ProjectPD once my tyres were warm. I was never really close enough to have a go though and when I saw him pit I tried to put in a few decent laps to close the gap a bit.
I dont know what happened to @ProjectPD but I saw him crawling along the main straight when I exited the pits and thought he'd been involved in something? (Would love to know what was going on there..( didnt see he'd already answered) :)) Because without that I'd imagine he'd have been long gone by the time I exited the pits.
After that I was able to close up a bit and was just sizing up a few ideas of when to make a move. When I saw him overtake @FlyingKman as I was thinking it seemed like a bit of a risk to do it there (cant remember why will have to watch my stream back) and then Kman suddenly went onto the grass on the inside of the turn in to Ascari and that led to the inevitable collision. That answered my prayers and saw me in to P1, With Puff a few secs back I thought it was job done. But then suddenly in some clean air again I made a few more slight mistakes and Puff was just simply better on the brakes into the chicanes and I was bleeding a few tenths here and there. With only a few laps left I wasn't gonna make it easy for him to pass then he ran a bit wide out of Para and I think that was what cost him the race to be honest. All I had to do after that was get a pretty awesome exit out of Lesmo 2 and there was no way he could pass before the end and I managed to do it.

So I'm very happy with a pole and a win in the first race with not as much practice time as I would have liked having been doing the PRD Lotus 78 until last Saturday. But at least Monza is a track I know and like...unlike modern Silverstone with all its weird 2nd gear corners. Going to need some serious practice for the next one but am very much looking forward to it(and can hopefully get away with a bit more oversteer in the wet there ;) )!

Heres my race...

PS. Excellent stream/commentating! It was awesome to watch it after the race :) @t0daY & @The Wayfaerer

Last edited:

stolnikas

Community Member
Reaction score
The very next lap (lap 3) I got punted in the rear and spun coming into turn one by one of the custom WeatherTech livery Ferraris (@Hujkis or @stolnikas) after they missed their breaking point I suppose...

That was me. Sorry about that.. I really tried avoiding it by turning myself off the track.. And on my screen it even didn't register as a contact..

Morvic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score

stolnikas

Community Member
Reaction score
On the last lap I found a Ford on the back straight with no fuel left so I tried to help him over the start finish line. I did not care about my position, but I did not ran out of fuel! Everything would have gone eokay until a car crashed me 150 meters in front of the start finish line. My car flipped and before I could cross the S/F line the time went down.

@Feanor crashed in to you, sending you off to my line and killing my race too. This move basically made 4 cars to crash badly, making a dnf for 2... Was it worth it?? I don't think official league is a place to be a good samaritan.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Well intresting is a word i cant use lol.
Last night proved i am still not split 1 material. I was slow so slow i felt like i was in a ford fiesta compared to everyone else. Least i finished i supose and only got lapped once. Allso i noticed on my tire change they only changed 3 tires this is probbly my mistake and if it is deemd so i will take a relivent penalty not sure how much futher down the field i can go lol as the ones i beat dnf lol..fun race tho i had a few tiny battles with a few trying to stop them passing me lol.lets see how round 2 goes.

Elodyr

Community Member
Reaction score
Not really worth it making a summary of last nights race for me. Luck from last season carried over making a point grab near impossible. Let's just hope next race goes better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread