Split 1 - R3: Sakitto - 26th March 2018 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatih Kursat

Community Member
Reaction score
I can be the reserve driver tonight

Hujkis

Community Member
Reaction score
Well, it's all academic in my case as I'm now out of the race tonight. Got a slight customer emergency to deal with that absolutely has to be resolved by 8am tomorrow morning so as soon as I've finished my lunch, that's the rest of my day (and evening) gone :(

I bloody love Sakitto too :(
:(

Diluvian

Community Member
Reaction score
Hey @Cluck you seem to have a lot of fun, driving with almost every GTE car on top of the list with default setup :stig: :nailbiting:;)

CatchAGlimpse

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Sorry guys, looks like I'm not going to make it. Stuck at work... we've had a whole cluster of servers go offline and I'm one of the lucky ones that has to stay behind and work out a fix.

Apologies for the late notice but I only found out about 15mins ago myself :(

Cornworld

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I'm dropping out off the serie. Every time in the lobby the feelfing of the car is completly different then in practice, same settings etc. I did a 1.40.1 QA easy during practice with a race pace off 1.41 high. The car felt stable and planted to the track. In the lobby the fastest I could go was 1.41.8 during QA with a car that was all over the place. Race setup suddenly felt way different and also more then a second off practice. I don't know what it is or what causes it but I don't experience it with iracing, Raceroom or Assetto.

Last edited:

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I've noticed that there is a difference in offline and online practice, a lot of difference when it comes to car handling. Hence why I only practice online from now on as I want to reduce the risk of the car feeling completely different in the race.

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
On the penultimate lap... :oops:

DED

Also, sorry again to @Diluvian, I had a slow slide on the exit of spoon and couldn't catch it completely, my fault. Sorry you got tangled up in it :( It was bad enough to crash the stream :p

Regardless, I had fun pounding around here on the edge for the whole hour :)

Last edited:

Diluvian

Community Member
Reaction score
Loool :D ... and in the end, my car hasn't been repaired (set repair to "all"), suspension was still broken, aero had been fixed, already a lap behind and my car was almost uncontrollable the whole time due to suspension issues. Didn't want to pit again, was already one lap behind. In the end the car flipped away while driving over the curbs on the fast second last turn and that was my end.

@Battenberg no problem, shit happens. :)

Reactions: Tom

Col_McCoy

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@Fatih Kursat remember I was following you through spoon and you spun, like 25 minutes into the race or so... did you feel a touch from me?
Cause on my screen I saw your backend going before I came very very close... than I did not feel anything and the replay video also shows a small gap and maybe some twitchy lag? Or I did touch you? (if so I'm sorry)

For the rest it was a nice race, pace was there and the car came back to me during the race. Unfortunately like 4 spins of which at least 2 are due to my sticky brake pedal. So I'm gonna take the thing apart and try to clean it up a bit, cuz this aint fun anymore

Fatih Kursat

Community Member
Reaction score
@Fatih Kursat remember I was following you through spoon and you spun, like 25 minutes into the race or so... did you feel a touch from me?
Cause on my screen I saw your backend going before I came very very close... than I did not feel anything and the replay video also shows a small gap and maybe some twitchy lag? Or I did touch you? (if so I'm sorry)
Not at all. I was a guest driver so ı want to let everyone pass me who waiting for me.
The car felt really different. I was trying to consistent laps but after 4 5 laps track felt like ice. So I don't wanna push it.
Nice moments for me is the finish.
I will do practise online

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score
This combo tonight might have been one of the worst experience I ever had with Project CARS. The soft tire was prone to overheat, what in pCARS2 always concludes into a lazy slide due to overheating tires. So I tried it with the hard tires. The hard tires are utter garbage. First thing, they also can overheat in this scenario making them pretty useless already. However the reason why they overheat is even worst. The hard compound introduces drifts whenever it wants. It is particularly horrid when cold but even at 70-90 °C is still kicks the tail out for no real reason. Brake turn in, rear steps out, hooray! The slides overheat the tire. Because of the tire, I spun a few time in this race before I used the horrible ICM to switch my pit stop strategy to Soft Tires and pited. The very slow parade lap and the very early forming up is additionally bad with the hard tire. It made the tire impossible to drive tonight for me. I spun more often because of the hard tire in this race than I did in the last 20 races I entered in RSR.

The hard Tire SMS has put out and the heating model and system is useless. Back than in the development of pCARS1 we had a wonderful tire, with excellent force feedback, on braking any lockup was communicated beautifully thru the FFB. That tire model was ditched for one with a heating model. Now several years later, we have pretty much no information if a tire locks up or not, what is very weird because if works with aquaplaning.
After two games released it is clear that SMS is not capable of producing a realistic and/or sensible tire heating model. That is not a surprise, however thinks otherwise or thinks that I'm harsh, should know that Formula 1 Teams don't simulate tire heating in their non-real-time simulations! So if anyone thinks the tire heating model is realistic, he thinks that 2-3 guys from SMS have outsmarted all of the F1 Teams and do it in a real time simulation too. I think the tire heating model is a hazard all sim-races are forced to drive around instead of playing with it. It is a big chunk of inconstancy and randomness in this game. One driver can do exactly the same for a few laps, not noticing that the tire temps go up and on lap 4 or 5 he will receive a lazy slide from the flash heat spiking. A spin/slide he is not prepared for and can't do anything about it. SMS put a lot of work into the tire heating model with the result that it makes the game less enjoyable, less fun, less predictable and also reduced the quality of the FFB significantly as a side effect.

Last edited:

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I'm dropping out off the serie. Every time in the lobby the feelfing of the car is completly different then in practice, same settings etc. I did a 1.40.1 QA easy during practice with a race pace off 1.41 high. The car felt stable and planted to the track. In the lobby the fastest I could go was 1.41.8 during QA with a car that was all over the place. Race setup suddenly felt way different and also more then a second off practice. I don't know what it is or what causes it but I don't experience it with iracing, Raceroom or Assetto.
i have to admit it felt totaly diffrent to me too and i allways practice in online lobbys..

Nighttiger

Community Member
Reaction score
Well that was a very interesting and eventful race! I had a pretty stable setup and I thought, let the other guys spin out, I'll cruise to the finish, but that turned out differently, I was P25 in the second lap and finished P7!

The text below is a summary of my highlight video which you can find below:

Qualification went meh, could've gone a lot faster but started P16. Then the start of the race, first corners were fine but then in the first of the esses, I was two wide, a lot of dirty air and I understeered off. Rejoined P20, gained some places in the melee, but then in the next lap I barely touched @Cornworld in the esses and I spun out, rejoined P22. Same lap I braked on the grass at the spoon and was thrown back to P26. Also disabled auto-clutch for the first time and stalled the car...

The great catch-up started, @FlyingKman binned it last corner, could barely avoid him reversing, then passed @Nakor , @SP1KEGRW and @Jamesl91 . P22! AFter that I overtook @Battenberg and @Diluvian who had a coming together after the spoon and passed some folk in the pits, P18! Then @miagi lost his car in the 2nd corner and went P17. After made the most daring move, went for @Taorminator on the inside of 130R, already passed him a bit on the straight before and made it stick cleanly :D P13! Passed some more pitting folk and then made a move on the inside of turn 1 and overtook @Eugene Gajkin , P10! Then came the pit stop, went well, but auto clutch was off, car stalled, lost 5 seconds trying to restart, dumb, dumb, dumb. Rejoined P13 and I started hunting for @Dutchtastic . After a few laps, saw him in the wall so that was an easy pass. With 20 minutes to go I went after @stolnikas , but @Battenberg was chasing my ass and would continue to do so with a diminishing 5 second gap till the end. First I saw @SillySausage , passed him turn 1, we both messed up and went wide, but I went just a little bit less wide :D.

P9 with only 2 minutes to go and I saw @Vernux . This kicked off my most intense 2 minutes of RSR. He was slower and his car seemed damaged, I pushed as hard as I could and made it stick on the inside of the spoon with 1 minute remaining. Then I was @stolnikas 4 seconds in front of me and he was losing time fast! I gave it everything, made some mistakes but gained and gained and gained until the final corner, @Taorminator had spun at the last corner and @stolnikas wanted to pass him regardlessly to secure P7, however he crashed into @Taorminator and P7 was mine :O :O :O

From P26 to P7 10/10 would race again! Thank you RSR for this intense race.

stolnikas

Community Member
Reaction score
P9 with only 2 minutes to go and I saw @Vernux . This kicked off my most intense 2 minutes of RSR. He was slower and his car seemed damaged, I pushed as hard as I could and made it stick on the inside of the spoon with 1 minute remaining. Then I was @stolnikas 4 seconds in front of me and he was losing time fast! I gave it everything, made some mistakes but gained and gained and gained until the final corner, @Taorminator had spun at the last corner and @stolnikas wanted to pass him regardlessly to secure P7, however he crashed into @Taorminator and P7 was mine :O :O :O

@Taorminator didn't spin, he was slow and he chose to hit apex regardless of us coming fast from behind. Stupid mistake and 2 out of 3 of my races gets ruined 300 meters before finish....

fab. ICEMAN

Staff iRacing
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
One driver can do exactly the same for a few laps, not noticing that the tire temps go up and on lap 4 or 5 he will receive a lazy slide from the flash heat spiking. A spin/slide he is not prepared for and can't do anything about it. SMS put a lot of work into the tire heating model with the result that it makes the game less enjoyable, less fun, less predictable and also reduced the quality of the FFB significantly as a side effect.

You're speaking out of my mind! These situations happen to me a couple of times in every race. A sudden over or understeer out of nowhere and it's just about your reaction whether you hold it or you loose it. I don't know much about racecars and can't tell if it's realistic or not, but I kinda got over it and accepted it as a random behavior that I need to correct. It probably has a reason why the car does that - but as you said I cannot foresee that.

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
That was exactly what I pointed to prior the Silverstone Race. So we came to the conclusion, that practice should be done in online race sessions, not in qualy mode, not in free practice.

Nighttiger

Community Member
Reaction score
@Taorminator didn't spin, he was slow and he chose to hit apex regardless of us coming fast from behind. Stupid mistake and 2 out of 3 of my races gets ruined 300 meters before finish....

Well I disagree. In a normal real life race this would be a (double) waved yellow which means that you should take extra care and brake or lift off. You have got a slow driving car in the fastest corner of the track, it is your choice to go in full speed with a damaged car. Why didn't you slow down?

stolnikas

Community Member
Reaction score
Well I disagree. In a normal real life race this would be a (double) waved yellow which means that you should take extra care and brake or lift off. You have got a slow driving car in the fastest corner of the track, it is your choice to go in full speed with a damaged car. Why didn't you slow down?

Sorry, but i don't have any more comments on this one, it's just pathetic. Enjoy your well deserved position.

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Guess it's time for a race report for once ;)

Qualifying didn't went perfectly, I couldn't make use of the two clear laps I got and missed my time from practice by 3 tenth. After that couldn't get a free lap in. A sub 39 should have been doable, if it would have been enough for @ProjectPD, I guess not, but the inside for T1 would prove to be beneficial after all :)

I didn't get a great start, which was partly down to my first gear being so long, so @Alex Salmon was right beside me heading into the first turn. Thankfully with that inside line I could just about hang on to P2 and go after @ProjectPD. Well, saying trying not to lose too much time to him would be more realistic ;)

Like all Fords I knew I would struggle for tires, even on the Hards which I took for both stints. Problem was, we had to make our time in the first sector, which was killing the rubber in the long run. After about 10 laps the tires started to drop off and while I could more or less keep up with @ProjectPD to that point, I had to let him go there.

Just about at the half way point @ProjectPD made a mistake with, I think, wall contact because the right rear light was broken and I was suddenly hot on his tail. Then the problem of the Ford kicked in hard, it is just ridiculously bad in dirty air. I can't count how many times I nearly lost the car in traffic, just because suddenly downforce fell off and it got super nervous. So at this point an excuse to anyone I lapped yesterday and was a bit hectic or demanding. It was just super frustrating to just about match the Corvette and then lose it all through traffic, where the Corvette just walked past, or before I get trouble for this, suffer a lot less.

Anyway, being in dirty air I let the gap increase again. No point running too close and killing what was left of my tires. This was a very crucial time in the race. I was watching the gap behind us to get a pit stop window. The critical cars where @Vernux, @SillySausage and @fab. ICEMAN. I knew I couldn't afford to fall behind, because I would struggle to overtake them, the way my car handled dirty air.

When @Feanor pitted he came out behind @Vernux so I knew whereabouts I would come out. With him @SillySausage came in. The lap later @ProjectPD pitted and Vernux too. Seeing Iceman 10s clear of Vernux, that was my window opening.

I just about managed to stay ahead of @Feanor who gained time with the two laps on fresher rubber, and more free running than I would have hoped for :p To my surprise I was suddenly leading, because @ProjectPD had to repair damage. Till ten minutes before the end I could more or less keep a two second gap to @ProjectPD who got past @Feanor quicker than I had hoped ;) Then the tire drop set in, I had two laps with bad luck in traffic and boom he was right behind me again. Thinking how my car handled dirty air I was pretty sure I could hang on to it. But Pustekuchen (;) Nope), for one lap I could fend off an attack going into the first turn, but a lap later I was helpless. I tried to cover the inside line heading into turn one again but @ProjectPD was by even before the turn in. With his car in front of mine it instantly snapped and I nearly spun out. Great move nonetheless :)

That I then lost the car in the first turn going into the last lap was just the icing on the cake. I had to brake more than I wanted because of traffic and the rear just went. That sealed the double victory for the Corvettes. Anyway really good drive @Feanor :)

I hope this was the worst race for the Ford. I'm a racer, and yesterday I couldn't race. That was far more frustrating than throwing P2 away, and 5 points that I hope I won't miss in the end.

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score
You don't double yellow because there is a car driving slower on track. Yellow is being waved because there is a hazard on track, for example a car standing on the track. In FIA a white flag (slow car on track) should have been waved, not a yellow. And Tao should have got a blue flag and let stolnikas pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread