Split 1 - R4: Dubai - 27th Feb 2017 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Quick heads up but its saying our convo is in split 2 chat...

Edit....
I see the problem copy and paste lol the thread is in split one but SOMEONE forgot to change the number 2 to a 1 lol...

Thanks for the heads up. Changed the thread title to Split 1 :)

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up. Changed the thread title to Split 1 :)
No worrys you can remove my post now if you like...

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Do we know what the in-game date is for Dubai yet? I can't see it on the main calendar page.

Edit: Now the post has been moved, this request makes me look like a right plonker. Thanks Manu ;)

No problem mate! :jimlad:

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
well here is a 3 lap vid of my average pace around dubi. i didn't record my 1.01.091 and was gutted i didn't but in that lap i messed up a gear change and at that point i was glad i didn't record it. then crossed the line to see that flash up and kicked myself for not hitting the record button. but hey ho well here is my 3 laps for you all to have a laugh at. (lap3 is rough)

what iv basically done there is showed everyone my braking points so everyone will know (if im ahead of someone lol) were to out brake me lol.

Edit Edit... Btw my tire temp is F not C so there not too hot lol..

Last edited:

MikeyTT

Community Member
Reaction score
Gonna throw up a server in a few mins to do some more testing.
RSR BAC Testing : rsr

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Back in the day we had actually already a race with the BAC Mono around Dubai. I made a setup which was quite good (if I remember it correctly of course). Maybe it can help some of you, here it is:

http://projectcarssetups.eu/#/viewsetup/17153524

MelBonkers

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I just did a couple of laps under racing conditions with full fuel tank. I can do 1m00sXXX easily. Is that any good?

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I just did a couple of laps under racing conditions with full fuel tank. I can do 1m00sXXX easily. Is that any good?
I think thats pretty much race pace for nearly the whole field mate apart from the aliens among us that is

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
That's about the pace I'm running so, assuming you're not cutting the chicane at all and/or running wide on the exit of the last corner, that should see you right in the hunt for some good points.

I'm struggling with the track, most specifically with that chicane and the left-hander that follows. That one tiny section is going to be the "make or break" section for most people.

Time trial is a pain in the backside on this circuit so don't bother. You will get penalised in multiple places, even keeping 2 wheels well inside track limits. Getting a good time trial time is more down to playing "guess where the limits are" than actually driving a quick lap :D.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Im no experet at racing. But on the left after the chicain iv found if you take it tight keeping to the left as you come round you can just go full throttle around the little right hander and not run wide.. This makes up the time i loose actually braking to enter the chicain lol.. Iv also noticed my braking is way sooner than everyone else's so if you are some how behinde me please be aware of this lol...

MelBonkers

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Good to hear Cluck. I do run wide sometimes, but I always have 2 wheels inside the white lines on the circuit. So I guess I have a reasonable pace for the race I guess. Qualifying will be more important in this race if more people have a comparable pace. Qualifying and not frying your tires in 5 laps or so :D

That's about the pace I'm running so, assuming you're not cutting the chicane at all and/or running wide on the exit of the last corner, that should see you right in the hunt for some good points.

MikeyTT

Community Member
Reaction score
I predict that this race will be the closest yet.

I'm running in the 00's too. Did dip into the 59's, but I'm not 100% sure it was a completely clean lap. Not done a full race run yet, but certainly 8 or so back to back laps and I'm mid-high 00's every time. I honestly don't see the aliens doing 58's. I can see them in the 59's, but it'll be closer than previous events. Roll on next week :)

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
this might be pointless but as pit stops have been the grudge everyone seems to bear the most i thought id do some pit time tests..i did 5 standard stops with just changing the 4 tires NO FUEL NO REPAIRS.

i went through the pit stop 5 times to be sure of the time. this was calculated from the very start of pit road
20170220212923_1.jpg

to the point it gives you full control
20170220213024_1.jpg

Every run gave me times 0f pit1 52.80 pit2 52.56 pit3 52.31 pit4 52.14 pit5 52.78 only slightly difference was because of speed entering pits. it is possible to make it through in 51.62 if you go flat out in to the pits.. how ever that is not the point im getting at with this.. if anyone entering the pits comes in and out in less than 50.00 they are not doing the mandatory pit.
thats just my 2 cents worth lol a useless bit of info there for you from me..

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
That's not useless info at all jonno, it could prove very useful so thanks for running those timings :)

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
That's not useless info at all jonno, it could prove very useful so thanks for running those timings :)
I get bored alot..

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
I am not fan of this car at all. I just can't drive it fast. I sat in audi GTO and first lap I was fast, but in BAC Mono that's not the case. Lap after lap.... nothing. Or it is understeering or oversteering.. nither one turn is smooth. I really prefer GT3 or Formula cars in this game. This is baby stroller with overpowered engine.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I am not fan of this car at all. I just can't drive it fast. I sat in audi GTO and first lap I was fast, but in BAC Mono that's not the case. Lap after lap.... nothing. Or it is understeering or oversteering.. nither one turn is smooth. I really prefer GT3 or Formula cars in this game. This is baby stroller with overpowered engine.
LOL a poor workman blames his tools hahahaha..
I do agree with you every corner is never the same. I take the same lines through and still have to brake an throttle on at diffrent points. I dont have any specific braking points i just hit an hope.

MikeyTT

Community Member
Reaction score
I do agree with you every corner is never the same.
Ahhhhh, but is that not the sign of a good simulation?

Track conditions change, tyre temps change, attitude of the car changes, input changes and driving line changes. It's almost impossible to get everything exactly the same for every lap. You can come close, and if you weren't on the limit you probably wouldn't notice the difference.

I know from real experience that braking just 1m later, or taking a slightly different line will change the attitude of the car, the speed I start turning in and the amount of throttle I have applied and the exact line I'm on. Now I won't profess to be absolutely on the limit every turn in my car, as I'm not that good and have a healthy fear of dropping it, but I do notice the differences, and I'm able to compensate with line, throttle, brake dab, etc. (I have the headroom in the turn tho, as I'm not 100% on the limit)

So the fact in PC1 you have all of these variables, your more likely closer to the limit and you're noticing differences for most turns, is that not a sign that it is "simming" quite well?

BTW: I'm having a philosophical lunch today ;)

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
If that's lunch, I can't wait for dinner :D

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@MikeyTT mate you have just melted my brain lol. I notice all the differences just i cant do a dam thing about any of em lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread