Split 1 - R4: Dubai - 27th Feb 2017 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score
Yeay. My preparation and practice wasn't as sophisticated as in other races but I did my best result so far. :smuggrin: hehehe
However, the battle in the end was really nice. I went all Valentino Rossi on @ProjectPD :>
Really nice to battle with you, also with @MikeyTT and Mo in this race. Every one of you did really well with lot's of awareness and race-intelligence. ^^

MelBonkers

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Ok, it's official: I hate myself. I just rewatched my video and realized I threw away a solid 4th place.......because I THOUGHT I didn't have enough fuel left for the race. But it turned out I had enough fuel left for the race. I had a really good qualifying session and was fast from the start: I qualified P3 2 minutes before qualifying ended and then I lost it to @MikeyTT if I'm correct.

My start was actually quite good and I could secure P4 for a couple of laps until miagi overtook me in T1 (nice overtake mate). Then I caught on to miagi and we started chasing @MikeyTT for P3. Until we pitted my gap to @miagi was never bigger than 2 or so seconds. Meanwhile I could keep @ProjectPD behind me and although in the second quarter of the race I started to loose a little bit time due to tirewear, I could comfortably defend P5. I pitted around lap 22 I guess and when I watched my fuel I had 12 liters left. And that's where I made a mistake. I thought I started with 30 liters......but I didn't. In the practise sessions I had the fuel tank on 30 liters, but at the end of the qualifying session I changed my fuel to 25 liters (which should be fine for the whole race). In the heat of the moment, I completely forgotten I did that..........so I ended up doing another pitstop in lap 29/30, filled her up a little bit and rejoined in P10.........

As if things couldn't get worse, my XBox one controller was empty, so I had to do the refuelling stuff with the "Focus-and-select-option of the Oculus" losing me valuable time in the pits.

As @miagi said, my pace was really good and I should be happy with that. I am, but I can seriously kick myself in the balls for the stupid mistake I made and throwing away a decent race finish.............

And sorry to @Ashnoom and @Col_McCoy for losing valuable points for team holland.......

Last edited:

Laiders

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Quite pleased with my drive tonight, only had time to do about 20 minutes practice before tonight, so was guaranteed to be traipsing round at the back. Apart from a silly spin in the final corner when @SillySausage was catching me the rest of the race was event free and I was getting the hang of the car and track.

Looking forward to the last two races, the circuits excite me a lot more so should be able to find time to put some practice in!

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I'm going to upload my video (overnight) because, quite simply, the first 26 laps of that race were about the best I've had - the only equal was the Oulton Park race, where I was glued to the rear-end of Ramiboo for the entire duration of the race. Hats off to Puffy, it was as good a display of holding a lead, without doing anything stupid, whilst I was hooked up just a few tenths behind him, as you'll see this year. It was an absolute pleasure to race against you that tightly for so many laps.

Yet again, my race got utterly destroyed by the game. I pulled into the pits - admittedly waaaaaaay too fast (perhaps I should have done at least one practice pit stop :D) but that was the least of my problems. Despite wiping all my other pit strategies and despite making absolutely damn certain, during quali, that my only pit strategy (other than 'Default') was set as active, the game chose to give me the default strategy as I pulled into the pits. No matter, I'll just select the other strategy. Except it chose to ignore the repairs and tyre change that were in that strategy. Thanks :| . I went out and thought "one more try". This time, it at least selected the right strategy but, again, decided I was better off with the tyres I had. Now, having already lost over a lap of time, I threw in the towel.

I'm not saying this in the heat of the moment, I've had an hour or two to calm down (watching a most excellent Korean zombie movie as it happens) but I'm done with this league cup now. Twice in a row I have had podium finishes stolen from me through no fault of my own, or anybody else here. I am NOT going to go through that a third time because I honestly don't think my Rift will survive being thrown to the ground a third time (it's a miracle it survived the first impact to by honest). Aside from the Rift, I am not going to put myself through the stress of that happening again.

My apologies to the RSR admin for doing this and my apologies to my fellow drivers in Split 1 but I'm sure you can understand that fighting tooth and nail to then get f***ed over by a pit bug, twice, has left me with absolutely no desire to put a single second of effort into this cup anymore. I wish all of you the very best of luck for the remaining rounds
:).

Forget the last 2 paragraphs, I've had a good sleep and realised that, contrary to the first few words, it was too rash a decision. Now that I've calmed down, I've decided that I'm an idiot for wanting to quit - there, I said it - and will continue to race in this season.

EDIT : Here's the first 26 laps from my perspective. It might give you an inkling of why I was so wound up last night.

Last edited:

Col_McCoy

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
As I'm going on vacation, I won't have time the coming week to react.
As I was in some fights with people, I quickly uploaded the full race:
As for the start, @PatatorJohn was sleeping I guess, had a small touch when overtaking you, with minor aero damage.
Due to the avoidance manoeuvre lost a lot of places going into turn 1, than got hit by @stolnikas before the right double chicane, which gave me some additional aero damage (no blame). From than on it was a nice long battle with @PatatorJohn and @FlyingKman, especially at 04:50, starting 3 wide up the straight after a small oversteer issues from Kman. Destroyed my tyres behind Patator for the upcoming laps and decided to pit later so as to have an advantage at the end of the 2nd stint.

That 2nd stint started off pretty lonely untill lap 32, where @MikeyTT, @Blue Monkey and @PatatorJohn were making life difficult for each other. (timestamp 32:38). The climax was at the beginning of lap 33, where I made a constant move towards the outside to not let Mikey get the inside for turn 1. This resulted in him 'avoiding' me and BlueMonkey being on a double slipstream and having to brake and turn, being way too late.
Thanks to KMan, I know understand why I always had less speed on the straights: apparently in PCars you shouldn't use Auto Clutch ON with a lot of cars. Never heard that, never tried it, sure as hell going to use it in the future!

After that, it was a nice, hard and fair battle with Blue_Monkey, where Mikey could capitulate by running away from us. FlyingK was unfortunate to be stuck behind us battleing and being the gentleman he is, letting us have it without interfering.

See you all in 2 weeks, hopefully me being that bit quicker with the Auto Clutch setting to OFF.

PatatorJohn

RSR Academy
Reaction score
As for the start, @PatatorJohn was sleeping I guess...

Well, I barely dare telling. :woot:

I had a bad start (as usual), then I had plenty of cars around me, at a point I couldn't hear my engine. This made me stick on 2nd for some tenths at max RPM, which clearly didn't help.

On the replay I've seen that I had a contact with @jonnotheone while defending my position vs @Col_McCoy at L2. Sorry about that mate, that was totally unintentional.

Nonetheless the fight with @Col_McCoy was quite interesting but pressurizing. Then I suppose my conservative setup allowed me to get away, as the tires started to worn out.

For the rest of the race I've made sure to spare my tires and caught some lucky occasions as they presented. The fight with @MikeyTT was promising. I was patiently keeping my rubbers cold enough for a final rush. But somehow it didn't happen due to race circumstances. Maybe next time :)

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
@t0daY can i please be moved to split 2. i really cba with split 1 anymore...its either that or i just dont bother with the last 2 races.. thats twice iv been done over now by people dive bombing me along with other things.. so if its ok ill move to split 2..

I'm sorry to hear that @jonnotheone, submit a complaint about the people concerned, it's the only way to stop this kind of driving. RSR is about fair and clean driving, if this isn't happening then it needs to be addressed.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Would it be possible for someone to share the replay with me please i only need the first few laps please.

FlyingKman

Founder Member
Community Member
Reaction score
I felt, and still am feeling the same way as you @Cluck. I should have left when you did too (in team speak), but hanged around to just moan more on team speak which was not the correct thing. So sorry to those that had to hear my "cry more". I will finish the races...
When I get home today I will put up my setup also on here. Maybe you guys can do it justice.
As for the rest well done with the race was awesome while it lasted and @Puffpirat and the Germans well done for the 1,2,3!

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Ok. So much like cluck since i have slept the comment i made above.
It was a rather rash comment and in the heat of the moment i was extremely angry.

How ever i would like the replay if possible please as id like to see what actualy occured the tangles i had with @FlyingKman and @PatatorJohn have been resolved and it was nothing more than elbows at dawn.
We were all fighting for that 8th spot so no harm there.

There is 2 other incidents id like to review before submitting an SI.

So all in all i will finish off the last 2 races with all i have (iv nothing to loose).

stolnikas

Community Member
Reaction score
Ok. So much like cluck since i have slept the comment i made above.
It was a rather rash comment and in the heat of the moment i was extremely angry.

How ever i would like the replay if possible please as id like to see what actualy occured the tangles i had with @FlyingKman and @PatatorJohn have been resolved and it was nothing more than elbows at dawn.
We were all fighting for that 8th spot so no harm there.

There is 2 other incidents id like to review before submitting an SI.

So all in all i will finish off the last 2 races with all i have (iv nothing to loose).

I will be able to share my replay when i get back home. Can anyone point out where i can find replay files?

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score

That's the spirit. You can only win, even if it is "only" experience. ;)

Suomy

Community Member
Reaction score
I was looking forward to doing this race as it is one of my favorites on the calendar but sadly i had a party that i needed to attend :(

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I was looking forward to doing this race as it is one of my favorites on the calendar but sadly i had a party that i needed to attend :(
We were wondering where you were. Not that I was complaining :p worry not, you're still in the fight for the championship as I will miss the next race.

Last edited:

FlyingKman

Founder Member
Community Member
Reaction score

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Jonno

RSR Family