Split 1 - R6: Bathurst - 23rd April 2018 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
The weather forecast is light fog, but I don't think that weather option excists or am I wrong?
Yeah. I think "fog" will be used instead. Previously we had "light fog" and "fog". Now it's "fog" and "heavy fog". So fog is the new light fog.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
The weather forecast is light fog, but I don't think that weather option excists or am I wrong?
It will be 'Fog'. Ingame we have Fog and, Fog w/Rain, Heavy Fog and Heavy Fog w/Rain.

SBart_uk

Community Member
Reaction score
I'll have to pull out of this one after not being able to see/join the server for both Hockenheim & last nights Spa race. I'm open to suggestions if anyone has any idea what could be causing this? As I've tried everything i can think of :(.

grobi0815

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Sorry guys, but I just got a message that I have to do the emergency duty tonight. That means, that it is possible that the phone will ring during the race. I'm really sorry that I will miss the final, but I will cheer you all in the stream. Have fun out there.

Eugene Flerko

Community Member
Reaction score
I don't feel good, caught flu and experience some dizziness, but I'll try to attend the race anyway. Just need to get some medicine prior to event.

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score
I'll have to pull out of this one after not being able to see/join the server for both Hockenheim & last nights Spa race. I'm open to suggestions if anyone has any idea what could be causing this? As I've tried everything i can think of :(.
Have you set your Steam server connection ping option to 5000 ms? Maybe that is the reason you don't see the rsr server?

SBart_uk

Community Member
Reaction score
Have you set your Steam server connection ping option to 5000 ms? Maybe that is the reason you don't see the rsr server?
No I hadn't...it was set to "automatic (5000)" but I've set it to 5000 now. Thank you :)

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
No I hadn't...it was set to "automatic (5000)" but I've set it to 5000 now. Thank you :)
Have a look if you can see the servers mate and report back. If that dont fix it prehaps you will have to ask @xImJakeyy how he got his to work. Im sure it was him having troubles once before..

SBart_uk

Community Member
Reaction score
Have a look if you can see the servers mate and report back. If that dont fix it prehaps you will have to ask @xImJakeyy how he got his to work. Im sure it was him having troubles once before..

No luck i'm afraid :(

Cornworld

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@Hujkis Next time when you force someone off the track at least have the decency to wait. You ruined my race in the first corner.

Eugene Gajkin

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Today, due to the fact that the server was not visible in the list, I did not get to the race :(

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Sorry guys, on lap 25 it became too much for me to handle. I just cannot handle the freaky camera movement downhill on bathurst.

Hujkis

Community Member
Reaction score
@Hujkis Next time when you force someone off the track at least have the decency to wait. You ruined my race in the first corner.
Man, take a look at the replay. I'm sorry it happened, but why are you angry at me? If you think it's my fault, take it to stewards.

Cornworld

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Man, take a look at the replay. I'm sorry it happened, but why are you angry at me? If you think it's my fault, take it to stewards.

I was hoping for an excuse but have it your way. To the stewards it is.

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I enjoyed that, it was a properly rewarding drive. Bathurst delivers again :) Congrats to @Puffpirat for the championship, @fab. ICEMAN for the win, @Nighttiger for a great drive to P5 (2speedy4me), and finally @SillySausage for an amazing performance in quali and the race before his unfortunate crash mid race.

CatchAGlimpse

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Congrats to @fab. ICEMAN on another win!!

I was wiped out on the first lap by @Col_McCoy so that put an end to the chance of a good result but I consistently had good pace after pitting for repairs. Managed to claw my way back to 12th with all the other carnage going on. Thanks @Alex Salmon for letting me un-lap myself for the last part of the race, really pushed for 11th but came 1.5s shy.

Looking forward to Season 5 already!

fab. ICEMAN

Staff iRacing
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Hats off to the championship winner @Puffpirat!! What an absolutely amazing battle in the last laps, still don't know how I made it past around you!

After the start I felt quite comfortable with the car, but a big screen freeze sent me from P2 to P4 and all my confidence was suddenly gone. Got then involved in a great battle with @Cluck and @Alex Salmon. When they went to the pits I had a bit of a free space and was feeling better and better again. Seeing myself in 2nd after @ProjectPDs pit was surprising, but then I saw I was actually catching up to Puff again. I went almost full all-in and made a few mistakes, but hearing Puffies voice gave me even more of a confidence boost, as he was definitely under pressure :D

Getting 2nd with that win in the overall championship is just incredible! GGs to @ProjectPD!

And big big GGs to my teammate @CatchAGlimpse for getting 2nd in the team championship :D We did it mate!

And thanks to all the guys here in this community, especially to the hosters and moderators, it's really a pleasure to race against you. Very fair and nice environment. Can't wait for the next season :)

SillySausage

Community Member
Reaction score
What a crazy race! Firstly, congratulations to @Puffpirat for taking the championship and a great performance all season. Also @ProjectPD for putting up such a close fight right until the end. Also thanks to all the other tops guys who kept it so close all season, it made it by far the most exciting and unpredictable fight for the championship so far and you all kept @Puffpirat very uncomfortable which is great to watch :p And to everyone else, thanks for the great racing and battling up and down the field, this has by far been my favourite Revolution Cup season!

On to the race! Where to begin?!

I came into this race with quite a good setup. I had created a comfortable, fast baseline after much practice and setup tuning and my teammate @Battenberg applied some of his magic the night before, offering a few small changes which I applied just before qualifying which turned out perfectly and fixed everything wrong with the setup, meaning we both now had a godlike Ferrari setup, especially on the softs.

On top of this, I've always felt comfortable and quick at Bathurst, considering it is my favourite track and also my "home track" in a way - but I didn't expect to be a quick as I was though. Towards the end of qualifying I was sitting in P7 with time for just one more flying lap with @Alex Salmon doing the same just in front of me. I don't know how it happened but coming out of Forest Elbow (the end of sector 2) I think I was four-tenths down on my best from memory. Then about 15m before the line I ran out of fuel so you can imagine why I thought @Alex Salmon and @miagi had been disconnected from the server when I saw they were no longer ahead of me :D

At the race start, @Alex Salmon managed to jump me off the line and put in a great defensive move into T1. From there it was a wild ride, sitting right behind all the top guys watching them battle and almost go three wide. Up Moutain Straight I was even having to lift a heap because I was getting such a massive 3 or 4 car slipstream. The whole opening of the race I was able to keep right behind all of the top guys and was even feeling a bit quicker than some of them (my engineer at one stage told me I just set the fastest secotr 1 of anyone!) as them seemed to struggle initially with pace. The whole time all I could think was "I don't belong here, get me out of here!". I was quicker than most of them across the top but found I was much slower coming out of Forest Elbow which means I would drop back and not be able to perform an overtake on them. Over the first 10-15 minutes each of the guys ahead would make a mistake or have some contact and it would be a different person in front of me each lap that I was trying to get past. Eventually there was an incident with @fab. ICEMAN out braking himself in the chase and shooting across the track, taking out @Alex Salmon and gifting me two positions. I then sat behind @Cluck in P4 for awhile, keeping it clean until he pitted and gave me P3 but by then @fab. ICEMAN and @Alex Salmon were back on my tail.

I decided to pit, top up my fuel, and go on to the hard tyres. I came out right behind @Jamesl91 which meant @Alex Salmon was able to jump past me. @Jamesl91 didn't make it easy though and put some great defensive moves on @Alex Salmon before he eventually got past and I soon followed him through. From there the hard tyres just never felt comfortable for me which saw my pace drop off a bit and the rear of the car become quite loose, mainly on turn-in. This eventually caught up to me at The Chase as I had my first actually spin, costing me positions to @Cluck right behind me and @Alex Salmon who was back behind me after an incident he had.

The next thing to happen was @Nighttiger putting in some great laps early on and staying out for a lot longer before pitting which meant we were side-by-side when he came out of the pits. I had just enough momentum to make it past him before T2, but as we headed up the hill my rift stuttered the tiniest bit in the off-camber, left-hand kink heading into The Cutting. This was enough to throw off my braking and I spun into the wall, @Nighttiger getting very lucky when my car ghosted for him. This also saw my teammate jump me and I was now in P7. Now with 14% front aero damage my race had gone a bit downhill, @Elodyr and @AndrexUK soon caught up to me and an unintential nudge by @Elodyr into T2 pushed me wide and spun me slightly which let those two get by and from then on I just tried to close down the gap to @Elodyr by the end, we were both stronger in different sectors but by the end I had the pace advantage and ended up finishing just 1sec behind in P9. All in all, my favourite race of the season by far, I had a lot of fun! :)

Jakeyy

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Never got the notification for this one, I just have to search for the servers like a million times.
Sometimes they show instantly sometimes 10-15 re-searches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread