Split 2 - R4: Dubai - 27th Feb 2017 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darksi

Manager of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Well it looks like all that practice for me is going to go unnoticed, as I still have no internet, so I will be missing tonight. Good luck to all who race.

Berserker

Community Member
Reaction score
@t0daY No show for me today. I'm shifting. Good luck y'all :)

Pete Morrish

Community Member
Reaction score
When I was practicing a couple of weeks back, I was topping out at about 1:02.5. Did some laps at lunch, but can't remember what I was getting!

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
Wooooooo!! What. a. race!
@Battenberg was literally breathing down my neck trough the first ~15 laps and then I finally managed to move away. Took a good pit stop and came out with a 3,5 second lead over Battenberg and then just raced on and increased my lead to 13 seconds over the finish line! :D:D

Pete Morrish

Community Member
Reaction score
Yeah, good race! I was tussling for top ten up until my pit stop. Don't know what happened, but either it was a long stop (they had problems with my clutch, apparently), or I was just tiring towards the end, but couldn't get back anywhere near that. Was gaining on 13th towards the end, but wasn't to be.

Video about to go up in the other thread!

Last edited:

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Got hit by someone in the first left hander a few laps in & it went downhill from there. Pit stops royally shafted me. My best lap was the last one. I'll leave it at that aha.
Least liked track out of the way anyway!

SlowBloke

Community Member
Reaction score
Cracking fun guys !

Sorry to the lads breathing down my neck so much heheh :)

Suffice to say my heart got a good work out - phew...

Nakor

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
What a great race! thank you guys.
I had a lot of traffic in the first laps and some damage. I hope it wasn't my fault, race accidents happen. Later I saw that anyone was faster on the long straight, but i thought this is my bad driving of the last corner. :confused:
But after my pit stop (i waited much too long) I realized my car is much faster (more than 1s). So I learned to monitor my aero damage next time :banghead:

keep having fun!

Martin G Webb

Community Member
Reaction score
Great race all, thank you. I hope I didn't slow anyone down too much or get in the way. Perhaps with hindsight I should have dropped out of this one, limited movement of the left shoulder and now I'm going to need some serious pain killers. Should be fit for the next round. Thanks again all.

TheDoctor46

Community Member
Reaction score
I dont want to to cancel yet another round and will try to be there on time :)
My wrist hurts like hell but it was so damn worth it :pompous:

First I had bad luck w/ the timer in Q because I was seconds late to set a better time, but qualified 5th. At the beginning of the race there was a lot (a bit too much?) of hiccup and I managed to 'save' pos 9. Being stuck behind, I decided to tick my mandatory pitstop in lap 8. Not the first thing you'd decide after 1/4 of a race in the desert, but as it turned out it was a brilliant move :chicken:

Got up to P3 and was even able to fight for and take P2 away from @Battenberg. Unfortunatly by the time, my tires were rubbish. I spun on the second to last lap, but could hold P3. Me happy :rolleyes:

Thanks again to the backmarkers for their very fair lapping (@Vince you really should've a look for faster cars. You as the one being overlapped should stay on the racing line and not start to defend your position. Just a friendly reminder:))

My recording: (looks like embedding doesnt work, so here's the link)

'Highlights' below
00:20:00 - Unfortunate ending of qualifying
00:22:30 - race start
00:30:00 - pitting lap 8, yolo!
00:47:00 - starting to notice P2 was still possible..
00:59:40 - overtaking @Battenberg
01:02:50 - driftchallenge mastered :cool:
01:03:30 - spun, lost P2 :facepalm:
01:04:50 - end of race

Pete Morrish

Community Member
Reaction score
My arms hurt after that, I tells ya.

First race with a Formula rim. Smaller diameter = more torque = ow.

Vince

Community Member
Reaction score
Thanks again to the backmarkers for their very fair lapping (@Vince you really should've a look for faster cars. You as the one being overlapped should stay on the racing line and not start to defend your position. Just a friendly reminder:))

I didn't try to defend my position or prevent your passing mate. As pretty much everyone will confirm, I have no problems whatsoever with better racers overlapping me.
However, you tried to overtake me at the very entrance of the chicane. That's hardly the best spot to be overtaking someone on this track, wouldn't you agree?
I believe it is the overlapping racer's responsibility to find / wait for a convenient spot on the track to overtake the racer in front. Correct me if I'm mistaken though. And congrats on your result.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Vince

Community Member
Reaction score
In this case I have to apologise. :sorry: It wasnt you, but Zincau. Was reviewing the race and we didnt even met once^^

Oh, then it wasn't you I was talking about either o_O
I had a very brief dialogue with someone during the race due to the interaction I described above, and had assumed it was you since you brought up the "me not letting you overtake" thing :)

in any case, thanks for your maturity.
turns out you and me never had any contact during the race after all. friends again, then? :p

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
That must have been me then. We "met" in the narrow section of the track. I know that's far from ideal, but you can't be picky about lapping spots with p2 breathing down your neck within a 0.7 second gap. :p No hard feelings from me though.. I think it wasn't either one of us to blame here.

Last edited:

steveg200

RSR Academy
Reaction score
we also had contact @Vince on the left and right after the chicane when I was lapping you ,when I said to you "Vince what are you doing I'm not racing you" but you still tried to out drag me to the last corner.I no it's up to the lapping car to make the pass but being aware of who is coming up behind you is a must.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
My wrist hurts like hell but it was so damn worth it :pompous:

First I had bad luck w/ the timer in Q because I was seconds late to set a better time, but qualified 5th. At the beginning of the race there was a lot (a bit too much?) of hiccup and I managed to 'save' pos 9. Being stuck behind, I decided to tick my mandatory pitstop in lap 8. Not the first thing you'd decide after 1/4 of a race in the desert, but as it turned out it was a brilliant move :chicken:

Got up to P3 and was even able to fight for and take P2 away from @Battenberg. Unfortunatly by the time, my tires were rubbish. I spun on the second to last lap, but could hold P3. Me happy :rolleyes:

My recording: (looks like embedding doesnt work, so here's the link)

'Highlights' below
00:20:00 - Unfortunate ending of qualifying
00:22:30 - race start
00:30:00 - pitting lap 8, yolo!
00:47:00 - starting to notice P2 was still possible..
00:59:40 - overtaking @Battenberg
01:02:50 - driftchallenge mastered :cool:
01:03:30 - spun, lost P2 :facepalm:
01:04:50 - end of race

Fixed the Twitch embedding! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread