Split 2 - R5: Hockenheimring - 16th April 2018 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mearcat

Community Member
Reaction score
I knew from my times against the AI that I wouldn't be on the pace

I never get anywhere near the AI's times because their bots that can do stupid things that we as humans can't get away with like break and accelerate at the same time round the hairpin and still come out without spinning. Never compare yourself to a bot. 1st lesson for state of mind.

The first lap killed the race for me

Your first lap killed your race? who do you think had to sit facing the wrong way at T2 watching all the field pass by. but from here I just thought "your not wrecking my chances at a good finish". 2nd lesson for state of mind - get angry at the track and don't give in, just control the aggression for the other drivers sake.

From then my head/heart just wasn't in it as I knew I couldn't catch up

Another admission to defeat, I think I've found a solution - We need to train your state of mind from "oh no I can't keep up" to "come here I'm going to pass you". 3rd and last free lesson - Come and join the practice servers.

Further lessons shall be charged at the nominal rate of 19.99 ...... errr I mean 1 rear end shunt for each "I can't keep up" thought :cigar:.

This
Cc9ac53b36a3a9f0dd341d767d5e6fe7.png

needs to change to this

Au_rich_bio_insideout_joy_457a1147_crop.jpg

With a little

anger-inside-out_tn2.jpg

Thrown in.
don't take that as a dig. Its a visual representation of what I'm trying to explain.

Edit - HAHA.. I just saw your profile pic, gees my mind sometimes.

Last edited:

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Most of all it gives me the opportunity to have my race awareness sharp, as this is vital in public lobbys as danger is always around the corner.
Around the corner, in the corner, behind the corner, and really, a lot of places you would not even expect to find a car :D

Ranjanado

Community Member
Reaction score
Despite the big setback in the beginning i am quite happy this race. Was good fun.

Qualified P4 which in all honesty i was not expecting at all after the first few minutes of qualifying. On my last lap at sector 3 at Saschs i accidentally shifted to 1st gear my car got some wierd traction around the corner and made an insane time on the last sector.

Race...well...what can i say got taken out of the track and spun at turn 2 due to an accident that happened behind between my teamate @Mearcat and @benimi : i consider this an avoidable race incident between them (perhaps more focus on the race and cool head could avoid it) and i just was unlucky to get dragged into it.

back of the pack at 22nd place, got an altercation with Ranj on the Harpin (more about that below).
After 1 or 2 laps venting a bit my frustration, got my composure again and started climbing the classification again. An awesome overtake on @FuBii boosted my confidence a bit more and some laps later the rain.
I was not expecting to have pace at all at the rain: my car was setup exclusively for dry and my rain pace at silverstone was appaling. However, i am pretty sure that i was doing P2 level pace so i charged all i could being hipermotivated by my pace.
In the end got P5 which was not that bad due to the circunstances.

I think i would have probably fight for P2-P3 if it was not for that turn 2 incident, and i think my team could have done an overall top 5. Overall i am happy with both mine and my teamate performance.

Congratulations to @Stokemon and those pesky Green Fords :D if nothing goes out of order in Bathurst i think they will take both the Driver and Team championships (with all justice i must add).
But rest be assured our team will do our best to take that win at Bathurst :D.

@Ranjanado what can i say...i know you are frustrated i've seen that start for you was painful to watch...however:
you turned into me on the hairpin where i was at your inside and already got my space there secured, and no, it was not a dive bomb.
As for the agressive move i did after that, i do that all the time, i am competitive and i'll do my best to get my opponents off balance: we would not touch (already checked the replay), and all you needed to do was trust me and if you had the guts keep the foot down or perhaps take it off. Nevertheless, and by watching the replay i must admit it was a bit on the limit between agressive but fair racing and racing bullying, so i stand corrected: but be warned...i'll not give you any slack next time :D
Don't worry about it drukqs, after the hairpin I was on the outside and you were 3/4 length in front. The initial overtake was not the issue bro. The issue was before passing me 100% you turned left to get a better angle of the upcoming right hander and hit my front. My wheel was 100% straight. I had intentionally left you space on the inside as I know I am not as fast as you. Even if you did not swing slight left after the hairpin you would have gone anyway. All I say is be careful with us slower guys as it could have lead you going back into the wall if I actually did turn and hit the back of you. All good though bro. No hard feelings

Despite the big setback in the beginning i am quite happy this race. Was good fun.

Qualified P4 which in all honesty i was not expecting at all after the first few minutes of qualifying. On my last lap at sector 3 at Saschs i accidentally shifted to 1st gear my car got some wierd traction around the corner and made an insane time on the last sector.

Race...well...what can i say got taken out of the track and spun at turn 2 due to an accident that happened behind between my teamate @Mearcat and @benimi : i consider this an avoidable race incident between them (perhaps more focus on the race and cool head could avoid it) and i just was unlucky to get dragged into it.

back of the pack at 22nd place, got an altercation with Ranj on the Harpin (more about that below).
After 1 or 2 laps venting a bit my frustration, got my composure again and started climbing the classification again. An awesome overtake on @FuBii boosted my confidence a bit more and some laps later the rain.
I was not expecting to have pace at all at the rain: my car was setup exclusively for dry and my rain pace at silverstone was appaling. However, i am pretty sure that i was doing P2 level pace so i charged all i could being hipermotivated by my pace.
In the end got P5 which was not that bad due to the circunstances.

I think i would have probably fight for P2-P3 if it was not for that turn 2 incident, and i think my team could have done an overall top 5. Overall i am happy with both mine and my teamate performance.

Congratulations to @Stokemon and those pesky Green Fords :D if nothing goes out of order in Bathurst i think they will take both the Driver and Team championships (with all justice i must add).
But rest be assured our team will do our best to take that win at Bathurst :D.

@Ranjanado what can i say...i know you are frustrated i've seen that start for you was painful to watch...however:
you turned into me on the hairpin where i was at your inside and already got my space there secured, and no, it was not a dive bomb.
As for the agressive move i did after that, i do that all the time, i am competitive and i'll do my best to get my opponents off balance: we would not touch (already checked the replay), and all you needed to do was trust me and if you had the guts keep the foot down or perhaps take it off. Nevertheless, and by watching the replay i must admit it was a bit on the limit between agressive but fair racing and racing bullying, so i stand corrected: but be warned...i'll not give you any slack next time :D
Don't worry about it drukqs, after the hairpin I was on the outside and you were 3/4 length in front. The initial overtake was not the issue bro. The issue was before passing me 100% you turned left to get a better angle of the upcoming right hander and hit my front. My wheel was 100% straight. I had intentionally left you space on the inside as I know I am not as fast as you. Even if you did not swing slight left after the hairpin you would have gone anyway. All I say is be careful with us slower guys as it could have lead you going back into the wall if I actually did turn and hit the back of you. All good though bro. No hard feelings

Mark

Community Member
Reaction score
Does anybody have final standings at hand?
Any streams available?

Qualy and Final standings screenshots. I'm just doing the results now so I'm sure they will be uploaded soon.
Split 2 - 1Qualy1.jpg Split 2 - 1Qualy2.jpg Split 2 - 1Qualy3.jpg Split 2 - 2Race1.jpg Split 2 - 2Race2.jpg Split 2 - 2Race3.jpg

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score

Ashnoom

Community Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to make sure that the following actions were "OK" in the eyes of @Zemke @Reapper[ZA] and any other people that want to comment on it (@Darksi @Nighttiger for instance)

Overtake on @Zemke :

Overtake on @Reapper[ZA] :

In both cases I came from far, especially with @Reapper[ZA] and afterwards (reviewing the footage) it feels a bit as if he was the one that let us both live. With @Zemke I deliberately lifted the break pedal a tiny bit to get atleast besides him before entering the corner (without running wide myself). I did keep my left wheels ON the white line, but not between the white lines. (Steered in too much -_- ) (only saw this after reviewing the footage, I thought I was safe/clean during the race)

I'll post a race review later on.

Last edited:

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I just wanted to make sure that the following actions were "OK" in the eyes of @Zemke @Reapper[ZA] and any other people that want to comment on it (@Darksi @Nighttiger for instance)

Overtake on @Zemke :

In both cases I came from far, especially with @Reapper[ZA] and afterwards (reviewing the footage) it feels a bit as if he was the one that let us both live. With @Zemke I deliberately lifted the break pedal a tiny bit to get atleast besides him before entering the corner (without running wide myself). I did keep my left wheels ON the white line, but not between the white lines. (Steered in too much -_- ) (only saw this after reviewing the footage, I thought I was safe/clean during the race)

First overtake - works out fine, but my only observation is you actually brake very early for that run (which does allow you to back out, so good job there. It does however leave you very late to come alongside Zemke, and its only because Zemke brakes earlier too (I assume because of traffic ahead) that you get to complete that maneuver. YOu are however alongside well in advance (and clearly alongside too), with control of your car, so all looks great to me. (In case anyone is wondering, for me the brake point for the hairpin is at the start of the Kerb, or a metre or two before depending on your gearing)

The second pass is more interesting. It's hard to see from one view, and probably you meet the requirement for "front wheel up to rear wheel", but to me this pass is more risky to you than anything else, it feels to me that there is a reasonable chance the front car will not see you, the last minute veer to the side confirms this (good road awareness, well done). Personally I would have recommended lining up for the exit of this turn with your better speed. Alternatively braking slightly later might actually have brought you alongside sooner and more clearly (to the other car), but only you can say whether your braking could have safely supported that!

As a general comment, I think everyone's awareness seems to have improved over the course of the season. I only hope mine has too :D

Ashnoom

Community Member
Reaction score
Also, @FuBii please, please, please, please next time, when you spin, stand still. You gave me a heart attack here mate!

(footage not at actual speed)

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Overtake on @Zemke :

Those overtakes are nothing to worry about, they are well calculated moves! Well done! :)

Zemke

Community Member
Reaction score
All good from my end, Ash! You asked about it over Teamspeak during the race, and I replied that it was, "Super clean." But maybe my microphone didn't work.

I'm curious though, do you race from the exterior perspective with VR? Or is it just for these replay videos?

SteveO916

Community Member
Reaction score
Also, @FuBii please, please, please, please next time, when you spin, stand still. You gave me a heart attack here mate!

in these situations it's always safer to go to the rear of the spinning car (if you have time/space to do so). If somebody is gonna just drive out of a spin they will mostly always go forwards.

Ashnoom

Community Member
Reaction score
All good from my end, Ash! You asked about it over Teamspeak during the race, and I replied that it was, "Super clean." But maybe my microphone didn't work.

I'm curious though, do you race from the exterior perspective with VR? Or is it just for these replay videos?

Didn't hear a thing. Regarding position, hell no that I drive from that perspective. I drive from the normal cockpit position in VR :)

in these situations it's always safer to go to the rear of the spinning car (if you have time/space to do so). If somebody is gonna just drive out of a spin they will mostly always go forwards.

I know, and I usually do. But in this case due to speed and corner there was no way for me (in that split second) to change my direction to be to the inside of the track. And I expected FuBii to stand still and wait,

Last edited:

Reapper[ZA]

Community Member
Reaction score
Hallo Gents, no problem from my side. Good move Ashnoom.

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score

Yeah that was bad judgement on my end :oops:. Thought I had more time & space to escape off the circuit.

SteveO916

Community Member
Reaction score
so it would seem that part of my "problem" was using an "old" pre patch5 setup an modifying it. Even though it "worked" offline. when loaded online the tyre pressures were not matched side to side, who knows what other differences crept in. I have binned all of my setups now after finding out where they are stored on disc.
last night I discovered that my pedals had also moved backwards and I was straining my dodgy knee too much. (pedals moved and marked so I can easily spot if they've moved again) I have also discovered that my (h)edtracker works better in vr mode and gets rid of the huuuuuuuge deadzone so it works more like poor mans vr now.
After these changes and a fresh setup I have done my fastest ever times @Bathrust even with full race fuel (possibly due to the new tyres)
So I will try again on Monday, qualifying will be key (as will staying away from those pesky yellow corvettes)

drukqs

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
speaking of Bathurst @Darksi @t0daY can you please open up the thread for Bathurst? I would like to know the qualification settings for some quali runs as i think qualification will be particularly important for the race to try to avoid massive carnage on the first few laps.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
speaking of Bathurst @Darksi @t0daY can you please open up the thread for Bathurst? I would like to know the qualification settings for some quali runs as i think qualification will be particularly important for the race to try to avoid massive carnage on the first few laps.

Already happened :)

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Yes please guys - it's already Thursday. It would be good to know the details, and also things like whether its 2x time for the race. Since the race is longer I'm not making assumptions about any settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread