The Expanse... (1 Viewer)

InsaneBase

Community Member
Reaction score
... is on German Netflix!!!!11111oneonelevenone

Love the books so far, let's see how the series holds up.

Any fans here?

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Already watched it, was damn awesome. I am quite tempted to get the books xDD

SillySausage

Community Member
Reaction score
Will have to give it a watch, added it to my list... :)

ramiboo

Community Member
Reaction score
Added, will check it out. ;)

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
Ain't got no Netflix. Only Amazon prime :(

ramiboo

Community Member
Reaction score

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
You have and internet connection though ;)

Won't get involved in illicit downloading / streaming again. Had to pay over 1.000 € for a crappy movie a few years back. And the movie sucked!
Yes, I was masking my IP, yes I used the TOR-browser... they still got me.

ramiboo

Community Member
Reaction score
Won't get involved in illicit downloading / streaming again. Had to pay over 1.000 € for a crappy movie a few years back. And the movie sucked!
Yes, I was masking my IP, yes I used the TOR-browser... they still got me.
It sounds like you were using Torrent then. Ooops.

InsaneBase

Community Member
Reaction score
Also, as somebody living by creating, pirating makes you a shitty asshole.

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
Also, as somebody living by creating, pirating makes you a shitty asshole.

I would not have phrased it as drastically as you did, but I agree that legally buying stuff is by far the superior option.

Even though I downloaded stuff myself in the past. But didn't (intentionally) do it ever since that "incident"

ramiboo

Community Member
Reaction score
I don't want to start an argument, I feel there are some blurred lines at the moment with TV series. It seems the catchup offerings are all over the place at the moment, and watching what you want and when is sometimes a pain in the butt. I pay for Netflix, Sky, previously Amazon Prime and the usual UK TV license. 99% of all the stuff I watch is or has been on those services, but sometimes it's just hard to get it on catchup, or I wasn't aware to record it at the time. How many times to people need paying for the same content?

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@Invincible I am still looking for 2-3 people who can share with me Netflix.

11,99 and you can stream on 4 different devices. If we get a third one everyone pays just 4,00 euro a month and we all can watch Netflix. Interested? :)

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I wish someone would invent some sort of tip jar for the creative industry, where you select whatever film/tv show/music etc. you've "acquired", and it distributes your guilt ridden donation to those listed in the credits, or whoever normally get royalties.

Anyway, back on topic. I've glanced trough some google results, and it looks quite good, I'll be on the lookout on UK Netflix. I binge watched Black Mirror recently, which was equally fantastic and troubling.

Last edited:

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
It is soooo good guys, you have to watch it!

InsaneBase

Community Member
Reaction score
Actually, that is not how the revenues on services like Netflix are calculated.

Usually companies get a certain amount of money every time somebody is watching the movie or an episode.

My last hard data from when I was at a movie company was around 50 cent per view (more if you do the actual rent thingy with 2 days of unlimited replays, of course).

Add a little bit too much of overhead and server costs and I sometimes wonder how streaming is profitable (ATM it's not, btw).

You can blame waiting times on the fractured licensing situation in Europe and dumb Germans demanding dubs instead of subtitles. Although the situation has gotten a lot better. I mean, Die Hard used to be a summer blockbuster here.

Independent from that, you get pretty good bang for your buck on streaming services. Goddess knows I don't watch regular TV besides Tagesschau and neo Magazin Royal anymore.

Hobbnob

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
Yay expanse! I remember recommending it to you base ages ago, thought you'd forgotten it ;)

B

Blue Monkey

Wow this series is so good ... caught up now to Season 2 Episode 10 ....
GIVE ME MOOAAAAAAR!

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
Awesome show! I binged watched Season 1 and I need to do the same with Season 2.

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
I love to watch good series and thanx for recomandation. I just finished The Walking Dead S7 and now need something else so The expanse seems really nice choice.

Regardind to statemant about "pirated" anything I am first for legal payment of everything (Movies, TV series, Music, Books, Games....) but sometimes thot is not possible. We have Netflix here but also it is region restricted, so if I want to watch something like The Expanse, I can't.... That's pretty discriminating, so... what do I do... I just go to private torrent side and download whatever I want in a blink of an eye.
If they really want to stop piracy, they need to approach every region with "respect". It is not the same where you have 400€ averige wage and 1500€ - there you can't keep same prices for entertainment purposes - nobody will buy it, everbody will just piratize it.

And in the world of connection and globalisation, I also here - in the black hole of world - know in the same time about new movie for example like someoone in the US but I can't watch it. So that feeds piracy and nothing can't stop it.

Users who are viewing this thread